Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens

Old Feb 22, 22, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens

Old Apr 11, 21, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Reapplied 14th January, approved yesterday. 86 days.
Old Apr 11, 21, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
GE Renewal - applied 7 Feb, approved 11 April (63 days).
Old Apr 13, 21, 8:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by madfish View Post
First time applicant. Applied for UK background check yesterday, and received back within 24 hours. So immediately applied. So now it is just a waiting game.
Just had an email and have had my application conditionally approved. 61 days from submitting the application.
Old Apr 14, 21, 12:24 pm

A question for any UK citizens based in the US.

Did you have any issues receiving your cards?

I originally applied back in Feb 20. Interview and everything sorted in Jan 21. Have my membership number / PassID, but still havent received the membership card.

I know you dont really need the membership card, I just like things to be correct, and would like the card.
Old Apr 14, 21, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by thedeeg View Post
A question for any UK citizens based in the US.

Did you have any issues receiving your cards?

I originally applied back in Feb 20. Interview and everything sorted in Jan 21. Have my membership number / PassID, but still havent received the membership card.

I know you dont really need the membership card, I just like things to be correct, and would like the card.
Do you have a Green Card? Global Entry cards are issued only to members who are US citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents or Mexican nationals.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 21, 3:01 pm

Nope, visa holder at the moment.
Old Apr 15, 21, 5:31 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Renewal submitted on 30 March, approved on 1 April.

(Not counting the original 9 month delay due to Trump's NY policy)
Old Apr 16, 21, 12:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Hopefully the correct topic!
​​​​​​
We have to have an interview over the next 18 months for renewal, but have just had an email to say that we can do this as part of our next international arrival.

I assume that this is open to UK residents as we were emailed to avoid booking an interview.

Anyone know?
Old Apr 16, 21, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
Hopefully the correct topic!
​​​​​​
We have to have an interview over the next 18 months for renewal, but have just had an email to say that we can do this as part of our next international arrival.

I assume that this is open to UK residents as we were emailed to avoid booking an interview.

Anyone know?
Enrollment On Arrival is available to all conditionally approved applicants.
Enrollment on Arrival (EoA) is CBP program that allows Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The EoA program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file. This provides you with the ability to use multiple passports at the Global Entry kiosk.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).
We have a dedicated thread discussing EOA.
Old Apr 23, 21, 1:00 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I paid for the UK Background check to renew my Global Entry permit - it has been over 10 working days and I have heard nothing back. Does anyone know how I contact them to chase it up? Or does anyone have and recent experience of timelines on the UK background check portion or a renewal application? I saw 10 working days on the website hence I am now wondering whether they got my application etc - having paid 42 I dont want it to just disappear!

Regards

aks120
Old Apr 23, 21, 2:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by aks120 View Post
I paid for the UK Background check to renew my Global Entry permit - it has been over 10 working days and I have heard nothing back. Does anyone know how I contact them to chase it up? Or does anyone have and recent experience of timelines on the UK background check portion or a renewal application? I saw 10 working days on the website hence I am now wondering whether they got my application etc - having paid 42 I dont want it to just disappear!

Regards

aks120
Mine came back within 24 hours. That was a new application back in February.
Have you tried the email contact that you should have in the email from when you applied?
Old Apr 23, 21, 3:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes I did a UK background check as well recently for a TTP/GE renewal. Paid for it on Wednesday night and it came back done with the access code on Thursday afternoon.
Old Apr 23, 21, 12:23 pm
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Thanks guys - I have emailed them!

aks120
Old Apr 29, 21, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, MileagePlus Silver, loads more at "member" level
GE Renewal - applied 15th March, approved 29th April (45 days).
Old Apr 30, 21, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by aks120 View Post
Thanks guys - I have emailed them!

aks120
Did you get you background check (my OH has just hit 10 working days with no response)?

Search this Thread