Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:57 am

Ah ok, thank you. Fingers crossed then!
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by monsell1
The US Global Entry renewal service for British Citizens will be launched on the US Trusted Traveller Program's (TTP) website early in 2020. What happens next? We'll contact you again soon to let you know when you can log into your Trusted Traveller account at ttp.dhs.gov and apply to renew your US Global Entry membership
Was renewing my daughters one when I got the same email. Weird nothing has been announced about this or what it means.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:09 am

Was renewing my daughters one when it said I needed to pay the £42 to get UK access code again. Chose renewal on the UK Border Force site and the confirmation email says:

The US Global Entry renewal service for British Citizens will be launched on the US Trusted Traveller Program's (TTP) website early in 2020. We'll contact you again soon to let you know when you can log into your Trusted Traveller account and apply to renew your US Global Entry membership.

Does anyone know anything about this or what it actually means?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Was renewing my daughters one when it said I needed to pay the £42 to get UK access code again. Chose renewal on the UK Border Force site and the confirmation email says:

The US Global Entry renewal service for British Citizens will be launched on the US Trusted Traveller Program's (TTP) website early in 2020. We'll contact you again soon to let you know when you can log into your Trusted Traveller account and apply to renew your US Global Entry membership.

Does anyone know anything about this or what it actually means?
There has been some discussion of the new procedure in the Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewal for UK citizens

ETA: Oops, my bad, you've already asked there.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Was renewing my daughters one when I got the same email. Weird nothing has been announced about this or what it means.
I'm in a similar boat - went to the US early Jan in order to be told by a message on the GE terminal that I only had a few days of validity left.

Paid my £42 to Border Force for my security check early Jan, got the same email but haven't had anything back since. I've tried contacting them as the 10 working days that are mentioned on the web site are long passed, but haven't managed to get a response yet...
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
Applied 30th July
Chased in Jan via online form, generic response
Got SSSS on my next trip
Still waiting

Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:25 am

As an update - I got a code from Border Force a few minutes ago which allowed me to register for renewal via the US site. Looks like I have to go for an interview in the US again, doesn't look like it will be a seamless renewal
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by =jon=
As an update - I got a code from Border Force a few minutes ago which allowed me to register for renewal via the US site. Looks like I have to go for an interview in the US again, doesn't look like it will be a seamless renewal
Did you tick the box that said this was a renewal on the UK Border Force website? All indications are that anyone who chose renewal was emailed by UKBF that a new system was launching soon. If you didn't tick this box then it sent you the code as if you were a new applicant and not renewing.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:33 am

Yes - I ticked renewal and got the same email mentioned above saying that the renewal system was launching soon.

The mail I got today with a code thanks me for registering to apply for GE (and doesn't reference a renewal), but the Global Entry site itself accepts the code to renew my existing Global Entry status and lets me run through the whole process. It may be that because my GE has expired they will ask for another interview (when I asked the agent the last time I went through the US he said the process is different if the GE has expired for US citizens), or it may sort itself out when it gets reviewed...

edit - just looked through the FAQs on the GE application site, it says that for renewals an interview may not be required. I guess when the renewal application is reviewed I will find out if it will be needed or not!

Last edited by =jon=; Feb 12, 2020 at 9:43 am
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
Applied 29 July 2019
Approved 21 Feb 2020

208 days
29 weeks

UK based, first time application. Been to China, Russia, Japan, 17+ Europe and 12+ US in previous 10 years.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:10 pm

Still nothing since my 16th April application. Guess I've got no choice but to contact them now.

How tedious.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:26 pm

I’m just about to do my GE application, is there any rhyme or reason around the delays in processing times?

I’m a UK citizen (with UK code) living in the US on an L1, with mainly EU travel history (Japan is the only other country outside of EU, US and Canada).

I’ve also got a ‘live’ B1/B2 visa.

We have a scheme with work where CBP will come to our office to do the interviews, assuming a number of people are available, but that requires applications being completed by mid April.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by thedeeg
I’m just about to do my GE application, is there any rhyme or reason around the delays in processing times?

I’m a UK citizen (with UK code) living in the US on an L1, with mainly EU travel history (Japan is the only other country outside of EU, US and Canada).

I’ve also got a ‘live’ B1/B2 visa.

We have a scheme with work where CBP will come to our office to do the interviews, assuming a number of people are available, but that requires applications being completed by mid April.
CBP has stated that about 2/3 of GE applications are processed within 1 week and 1/3 go through a longer vetting process, which is running 6-7 months (from posts here appears that the delayed apps are now being processed in 200-210 days, just shy of 7 months). It is not clear why some apps are processed quickly and others slowly; likely there is a random element in the selection for the longer vetting pool (US citizen and LPR posters here who have traveled to many countries have been in both the quick and slow pools). Not sure if your Home Office pre-vetting will help you end up in the quick processing pool, but hopefully it will and you’ll be ready for April interview. Good luck.

Last edited by johnpvalentine; Feb 23, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by johnpvalentine
CBP has stated that about 2/3 of GE applications are processed within 1 week and 1/3 go through a longer vetting process, which is running 6-7 months (from posts here appears that the delayed apps are now being processed in 200-210 days, just shy of 7 months). It is not clear why some apps are processed quickly and others slowly; likely there is a random element in the selection for the longer vetting pool (US citizen and LPR posters here who have traveled to many countries have been in both the quick and slow pools). Not sure if your Home Office pre-vetting will help you end up in the quick processing pool, but hopefully it will and you’ll be ready for April interview. Good luck.
Thank you.

Application submitted this morning.

Fingers crossed for the fast processing pile.

My colleague received his CA 2/20 after applying 7/19. I don’t know exact dates, but he told me this morning.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:42 am

Contacted them and have been told...

Thank you for contacting U.S. Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Information Center.

Your application has been processed by the U.S. and is currently waiting on the your home country to submit your information to CBP. We do not have a timeframe on your country's approval process, however, your status on your TTP account will automatically be updated when your status changes. Please reach out to your government customs or immigration body and make sure that they enter the information into the system for processing.
Any idea who on earth I'm supposed to contact in the UK for that? I gave the US my original UK approval code when the process started so I'm a bit confused as to what else they might be after, or who provides it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.