Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by drscoop
On an unexpected trip to the US and routed to fly via Dublin, hoping to get an interview but there are no interviews breing conducted today. Seems the EOA interviews here are not neccessarily a consistent thing - I guess it depends on staffing?
According to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Enrollment on Arrival web page, EoA in DUB is available only between the hours of 09:00 and 13:00 on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: Avios
Thanks for posting your updates folks. I was glad to see June applicants surfacing in the thread.

I registered to share that my application on June 28th 2019 was processed with conditional approval on January 8th 2020.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:43 am

My wife and I applied 15th April 2019 - 279 days. If anyone could point us in the right direction with a telephone number / email address it would be much appreciated
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC
According to the US processing thread, CBP escalation can be requested via

1(877) 227-5511 and prompts are 6/1/4/0
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by SimonAB
According to the US processing thread, CBP escalation can be requested via

1(877) 227-5511 and prompts are 6/1/4/0
Thank you
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:29 am

I just thought I'd give mine a check... 252 days. Does this thing expire at some point?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:24 am

Programs: Hertz presidents circle, Hilton honors , Marriott, SPG Gold
Applied for myself, wife and son - July 4th 2019 (probably give them an extra day for that!)

CA - January 23rd 2020

total time - 203 days, or about 6 1/2 months
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Hey guys,

I’ve just renewed one of my passports.

so now I have 1 passport with global entry and 1 without.

how do I get global entry on the renewed passport that has no global entry?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Hey guys,

I’ve just renewed one of my passports.

so now I have 1 passport with global entry and 1 without.

how do I get global entry on the renewed passport that has no global entry?
Update it on the website - if you can. I'm not sure you can, since the website often assumes 1 passport, but it might work.

If that fails, go to an enrollment centre (no appointment needed, but you may have to wait a bit - explain you need a passport update). They're generally happy to deal with quick administrative issues like that on the spot.

In the meantime, you'll probably have to use the one that is in the system.
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Cool

Originally Posted by Chemeck
UPDATE: My timeline so far:

Registration on UK Border website (to get the access code): June 3, 2019
UK Border Access Code received: June 3, 2019
Global Entry application submitted: June 4, 2019
Conditional Approval: November 13, 2019
Interview scheduled on: November 14, 2019
Interview date: December 9, 2019
Actual interview date: November 15, 2019 - I was able to get an earlier date at the local enrollment center.
Final approval: December 12, 2019

Scheduling an interview appointment: it's rather frustrating to see that NO APPOINTMENTS are available at your local enrollment center. However, you need to keep checking the availability as it keeps changing almost constantly. I've been monitoring the Schedule Interview website and once I saw an opening I booked it right away. So be patient and eventually you will succeed! You can always try a walk-in on arrival but some airport locations have time restrictions so if your flight is delayed you might miss the office hours. Good luck, everybody!

So, overall the whole process took 6 months. My only advice: be patient. There's nothing you can do to speed up the process.
New 'poster' here - applied for GE in May 2019; conditionally approved within six weeks; interview (entry on arrival) at Philadelphia airport in September - TTP dashboard still shows 'conditionally approved'. Can anyone offer advice on how I can find out how to ensure I have been approved?

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 28, 2020 at 8:31 am Reason: Merge post with the quote and no reply with the response for readability
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:35 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello @jfraserart,

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Please refer to the following thread:

Global entry application is still "Conditionally Approved" after interview

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Hi everyone,

My GE is now eligible for renewal. Checking the US TTP website, it asks for another 'UK access code', so I completed the UK 'register to apply' process, paying £42. I then recieved an email from Border Force, stating:

The US Global Entry renewal service for British Citizens will be launched on the US Trusted Traveller Program's (TTP) website early in 2020. What happens next? We'll contact you again soon to let you know when you can log into your Trusted Traveller account at ttp.dhs.gov and apply to renew your US Global Entry membership
I'm a little surprised that there's a specific 'renewal service' for British Citizens, given that it seems folks have been able to renew without problems. I've heard nothing further from Border Force. Anyone else had this experience?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
I just thought I'd give mine a check... 252 days. Does this thing expire at some point?
No-one know?

I'm just astonished that something digital seems to have fallen out of the queue and been lost (given others who applied later have apparently been sorted).
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:12 am

Struggling to work out UK citizen processing times - I applied for GE on 31 Jul and am still pending conditional approval. Anyone had anywhere near that length of wait?!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Lorna Patrick
Struggling to work out UK citizen processing times - I applied for GE on 31 Jul and am still pending conditional approval. Anyone had anywhere near that length of wait?!
In the GE processing timelines for US citizens and permanent residents thread, there are reports that some early July applications are currently being approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.