Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
You keep the same KTN.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Or the average is still rising in line with the backlog ... however, do not despair ...

I applied for renewal on 10th April, very close to your date, and was unconditionally approved on 26th July.

107 days.
91 days for me so far - starting to feel very glad that I applied 150 days before my trip. And it was only thanks to [actually faulty] advice on here that I could change my address post-application...! Had I waited the two months until I had a permanent address I'd be nowhere near getting it in time.

Last edited by etiene; Aug 2, 2019 at 2:26 am Reason: I can't spell
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:22 am

Final update: we had our Global Entry interviews yesterday afternoon at MCO after being told there wasn't sufficient time to do enrollment on arrival when we arrived in ATL at the end of July. The CBP Officer at MCO was really pleasant and the whole process for 4 of us took maybe 40 minutes total. We were shown how to use the GE kiosks too. He said to keep an eye on our emails over the next 48 hours for approval but they came through within less than an hour for all four of us. Looking forward to using the benefits!
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:42 pm

Or the average is still rising in line with the backlog ... however, do not despair ...

I applied for renewal on 10th April, very close to your date, and was unconditionally approved on 26th July.

107 days.
Still nothing. Getting a bit tedious now.

I guess at least I don't have any trips planned to the US until next year now, but it makes me wonder if something has gone wrong.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:47 pm

Applied 7th June 2019
Still awaiting conditional approval

UK national 4 month old baby, no previous travel. Both parents hold GE currently.

Travelling to USA on 14th Sept so hoping to get approval by then for Enrollment on Arrival
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

107 days.
April 24th to 18th August for me so 116 days to be unconditionally approved. Heading through JFK early September so I've scheduled my appointment.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
Applied for my 7 year old son on the 22nd June without first realising there would be delays. Taking him to SFO end of October so hoping it comes through for then and that we can do enrollment on arrival.

Thankfully I've a couple of years left on mine.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Screeched
Applied for my 7 year old son on the 22nd June without first realising there would be delays. Taking him to SFO end of October so hoping it comes through for then and that we can do enrollment on arrival.

Thankfully I've a couple of years left on mine.
Think that might be looking a bit dicey - reports in the US application thread [more data, but similar story suggests everyone is the same queue] have the "long wait" crowd starting to get approvals through from the end of April [have seen 27th]. The days to approval number is really skyrocketing though - reports out to 125 now, with the minimum being something like 115 [unless you get lucky and get it within 10].

Currently on 112 [May 1st], and honestly starting to wonder if I should try to escalate even though I won't land in the US until September 28th!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Virgin Silver
Angry 16 weeks

New member here.

Have recently started travelling to MCO twice a year. After a horrifying wait at passport control in December, I decided to apply for Global Entry.

Application submitted on 1st May. Today is 22nd August. So that's 113 day wait so far.

Next trip is in December. Naively hoped I'd be approved before my trip in July.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by profmatt
New member here.

Have recently started travelling to MCO twice a year. After a horrifying wait at passport control in December, I decided to apply for Global Entry.

Application submitted on 1st May. Today is 22nd August. So that's 113 day wait so far.

Next trip is in December. Naively hoped I'd be approved before my trip in July.
Welcome! I applied the same day - looking like next week or maybe the one after from the reports in the US thread. Safely before my trip at the end of next month, but a pretty shocking wait nonetheless. I looked through these threads when I applied and they were then at about 70 days I think - so that's not far off doubling in the four months we've been waiting and still seems to be going out.
profmatt likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:25 am

And indeed - been conditionally approved today [day 120]. Will enroll on arrival next month at LAX.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:42 am

Angry Bitter

Originally Posted by etiene
And indeed - been conditionally approved today [day 120]. Will enroll on arrival next month at LAX.
So now I'm all bitter because I just checked and mine is still pending
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Welcome to FlyerTalk profmatt. You must be getting close now to the top of the list?

I'd set my interview for 9th Sep at JFK but that was scuppered by the BA pilot strike so I tried to book an appointment at my local enrollment office at TPA. The next available appointment is in December!! I've rescheduled it for EWR when I'm there in about 6 weeks.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
You must be getting close now to the top of the list?
I hope so!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:06 pm

No point worrying if you’re not travelling for a while, but you must be close. I don’t seem to have had an email yet though, so the checking is unfortunately necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.