Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
First GE renewal successfully completed and all very straight forward. Required an interview (possibly due to multiple entries to countries that US has fallen out with ?) but this was easily scheduled and completed in the Doha office during a 20hr layover between flights.

May I ask what the waiting time was between paying for the renewal and being granted conditional approval?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Discovery Bay
May I ask what the waiting time was between paying for the renewal and being granted conditional approval?
I'd be interested in that too. So far: applied for UKBA code 23/3, received 25/3 (early hours of the morning!), applied for GE Renewal 25/3, still waiting 14/4. Have still got a few weeks to run on existing GE, presumably no issues if existing one runs out prior to renewal being processed?? (no flights to the US until the summer)
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
I'd be interested in that too. So far: applied for UKBA code 23/3, received 25/3 (early hours of the morning!), applied for GE Renewal 25/3, still waiting 14/4. Have still got a few weeks to run on existing GE, presumably no issues if existing one runs out prior to renewal being processed?? (no flights to the US until the summer)

I paid 10th March and still waiting.
I'll post again when it gets conditionally approved.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:25 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Have still got a few weeks to run on existing GE, presumably no issues if existing one runs out prior to renewal being processed?? (no flights to the US until the summer)
From the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website:
If you submit a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date).
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by derek2010
applied with Approval code on 5/4 (a Friday), plan to have interview on arrival on Pacific Time 10pm at SFO, possible?
now status = Pending Review (submitted April 5th, HK Time 10pm), any chance of getting Conditional Approved before 18/4? (plan to drop by to have Interview on Arrival at SFO)
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by derek2010
now status = Pending Review (submitted April 5th, HK Time 10pm), any chance of getting Conditional Approved before 18/4? (plan to drop by to have Interview on Arrival at SFO)
Not if it's anything like my timings (see a couple of posts above), but you never know you might get lucky or they might be almost cleared the shutdown backlog!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:01 pm

Am I right in thinking this is still the best (only) option for UK citizens?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
UK citizen
1st renewal
Applied 28th Feb
Status - pending review @ 15th April

Last edited by TheBigRat; Apr 16, 2019 at 8:14 pm
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:14 pm

For info my timescales...

UK Citizen
Applied 29th Jan '19
Conditionally Approved 8th April '19
Completed Enrolment on Arrival at JFK a few days ago and approved shortly thereafter.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim
For info my timescales...

UK Citizen
Applied 29th Jan '19
Conditionally Approved 8th April '19
Completed Enrolment on Arrival at JFK a few days ago and approved shortly thereafter.
Thanks for that Scott Pilgrim.
So it presently looks like a little over 2 months for us who are waiting for conditional approval.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:54 pm

UK citizen (with HKSAR passport concurrently)
1st Application
Applied 5th April
Status - pending review @ 17th April
flight to San Francisco tomorrow night departing from HKG
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
I applied (first time) on 8th February. Still pending review as of last night. I'm flying into JFK on Friday, so my fingers are crossed.

I've been following processing times across a few threads here and recently, the turnarounds have been either ca 11 days or ca 70 days. No one has come up with an explanation why it's one of the other. My own application date was random, but Friday will be day 70 for me!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by peter h
I applied (first time) on 8th February. Still pending review as of last night. I'm flying into JFK on Friday, so my fingers are crossed.

I've been following processing times across a few threads here and recently, the turnarounds have been either ca 11 days or ca 70 days. No one has come up with an explanation why it's one of the other. My own application date was random, but Friday will be day 70 for me!
If your conditional approval comes through in time and you're using T4 on arriving JFK, at immigration head straight for line A (which is a Global Entry lane) and a short way down the lane on the left is a small office where you do the enrolment on arrival interview. Not all the immigration officers are qualified to do the interview, so there may be a wait for one so qualified to be available.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim
If your conditional approval comes through in time and you're using T4 on arriving JFK, at immigration head straight for line A (which is a Global Entry lane) and a short way down the lane on the left is a small office where you do the enrolment on arrival interview. Not all the immigration officers are qualified to do the interview, so there may be a wait for one so qualified to be available.
Depending on the airline, flights from the UK arrive at several different terminals a JFK.

According to the CBP website, the Enrollment on Arrival locations at JFK (not just for flights arriving from the UK) are located in Terminal One adjacent to booth #1 ; Terminal Four in the West Wing Area A and in the East Wing Area G, Terminal Five - JetBlue - booth #1 ; Terminal Seven - British Airways - booth #1 ; Terminal Eight - America Airlines - Booth #1 .

[with my moderator's hat on]

For indexing and futures search purposes, please continue the discussion of Enrollment on Arrival in the following thread - Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival.

Thank you.

[moderator's hat off]
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:45 am

I applied (first time) on 5th April. Still pending review as of last night. I'm flying into SFO tonight (HK Time), so my fingers are crossed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.