Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:41 pm

Applied UK Border Force Tue 3 Apr
Approved Tue 10 Apr

Applied TTP Global Entry Tue 10 Apr
Conditionally Approved Thu 26 Apr

Why it took a week for my UK Border Force check to come back is a mystery. Everyone elses seems to come back in a day or 2. It's also annoying as there are no appointments left now at the US embassy in London. Hopefully a cancellation comes up next week before the opportunity is lost on Thursday.

Originally Posted by EC2boy
It took a couple of phone calls to the nice CBP officer at the London embassy
If you dont mind me asking, how did you get to speak to a CBP officer at the embassy? When I call the embassy the CBP option just plays an automated message.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 27, 2018 at 1:30 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Got my US visa on 9 Apr
Applied for UK border force on 9 Apr
Approved UK checks on 11 Apr
Applied for GE on 11 Apr
Conditionally approved on 28 Apr (17 days)
Interview 30 Apr in London
No email approval yet though...

Managed to grab a last minute interview this morning at 25 min notice. As a result I wasn't on an lists at security or at the GE bouthes. They found me on the computer and all done within 10 min. Now to hope my late booking won't cause issues with final email approval...
Old May 1, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
Looks like there are no more appointments available at the London Embassy. Do we know if they're planning to open it up again? A friend has just got her conditional approval through, but now can't get a UK interview.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:58 am

Depending on where you friend is based, last minute appointments seem pretty obtainable (I guess from people turning up early and appointments taking less than the 15min). If you keep the book an appointment page open and refresh they tend to appear with 20 min notice. Also I've seen some cancalations for tomorrow and Thursday appear.

I've still not had my final approval email though yet so not sure if this is breaking their system...
armouredant likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by barneyb
Got my US visa on 9 Apr
Applied for UK border force on 9 Apr
Approved UK checks on 11 Apr
Applied for GE on 11 Apr
Conditionally approved on 28 Apr (17 days)
Interview 30 Apr in London
No email approval yet though...

Managed to grab a last minute interview this morning at 25 min notice. As a result I wasn't on an lists at security or at the GE bouthes. They found me on the computer and all done within 10 min. Now to hope my late booking won't cause issues with final email approval...
And I got my approval email at 5pm today.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:32 am

An interview slot appeared over the weekend for yesterday in London. Simple process, questions similar to those asked by a CBP officer on entering the US as normal. Got my approval email before I had made it back to Vauxhall station.

To anyone still hoping for an appointment in London, don't give up hope. I spoke to 6 people yesterday while waiting and half of them had only booked their appointment that morning so keep checking if you can get there at short notice. I'd even say it wouldnt matter if you were a bit late because they don't call you in by name, you kind of have to figure it out amongst the people waiting.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Has anyone had any luck renewing without paying the extra £42 UKBF fee?

I filled out a support request for CBP but the reply was rather 'generic' -
Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

** GOES to new TTP System migration instructions can be found here: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1321

https://www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-programs

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1348/

You can renew your membership up to a year before it expires. To renew your membership, log into your TTP System account and select renew membership under the program you wish to renew. You will not have the option to renew if you have a pending application for a vehicle enrollment or a partner program.

You will need to complete the application as if it was the first time and pay a new non-refundable application fee. Processing times are the same as first time applications. Please make sure to check your TTP account for updates.

On renewal you may or may not be selected for an interview. If you submit a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date). We recommend you print out a copy of your TTP Dashboard showing that the renewal is pending to show an Officer, if requested.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Information Center.

** Manage your Trusted Traveler Membership (GE, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST, APEC) through the TTP System at https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/

** Information about all of our programs can be found at www.globalentry.gov

** https://www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-programs

NOTE: The answers provided in this forum are for general information purposes only. Utilizing this forum does not constitute Reasonable Care under Informed Compliance guidelines.
I replied again and got the same response again, replied once more (don't want to annoy them but was hoping for a more meaningful reply) and just got
Thank you for contacting U.S. Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Information Center.

You have to contact the UK Border Force.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Information Center.
So not really much further forward! Will probably end up just paying the fee but a bit annoying having to do so for no clear reason!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Getting a bit close to the wire for my parents that I am doing both their GE applications for.

UK Border Force received on 17th May
Applied for GE same day

They leave on 9th June to head to the USA so hoping to have conditional approval before then!!

When the conditional approval is received does an email get sent or do you need to keep checking on it? Reason I ask is that the website says no notifications are sent?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Originally Posted by hodi
Cheers, living over in NZ for last 3 years but passing through US 3-4 times a year so keen to apply. Just wasn't sure re the home office checks, thanks! I'll give it a go an report back.
Just wanted to confirm all was fine, confirmed and completed my interview on entry passing through IAH from Auckland.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
just seen this - you do get an email - despite what the website says - but I found it best to check my account everyday (actually I was doing it a couple of times a day!)

As your parents are currently in the US they might be able to arrange to have the interview there - make the appointments via their accounts.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
just seen this - you do get an email - despite what the website says - but I found it best to check my account everyday (actually I was doing it a couple of times a day!)

As your parents are currently in the US they might be able to arrange to have the interview there - make the appointments via their accounts.
We got the approval emails the day before travel which was very fortunate

Thought I would update this .. My parents are both a pair of chancing gits, They got off at Orlando and innocently they say they followed all the signs for GE and used the machines even though they hadnt had the interview , pleaded ignorance to the officer when they got the X through the photo and he conducted the interview, easily saved 2 hours of getting to the front of the queue in Orlando lol
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Orlando does offer 'enrolment on entry' so they may have got in for that rather than chancing their arm
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Orlando does offer 'enrolment on entry' so they may have got in for that rather than chancing their arm

The Enrollment on arrival was what they intended but the line for that and the general immigraton queue was an hour deep, They went straight over to GE terminals as if they were GE approved already and then "chanced it from there" if that makes sense
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
I was curious about the renewal too, but seems like people have run into the same problem I have. I wonder if its because originally the background check was done by providing a police certificate?

In any case I've paid the £42, I'm off to the US in 3.5 weeks so hopefully I can get everything sorted.

I've read about the background check coming back reasonably quickly, but does any have data points on how soon a renewal is coming back for approval and whether you actually had to attend another interview?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Online renewal took about 3 weeks but no interview required
EDIflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.