Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK citizens

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK citizens

Old Nov 20, 13, 3:47 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by thomas199023 View Post
Any idea wether non-us citizens can get the global entry card?
No I don't think you can, because, as I understand the system, as a non US citizen you would be arriving in the USA using a GE kiosk that requires a passport and these GE kiosks don't allow the use of GE cards - they are passport & PRC's only. See link, scroll down to section - how are GE cards used.

http://www.globalentry.gov/faq.html#f1
Old Nov 20, 13, 7:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger View Post
No I don't think you can, because, as I understand the system, as a non US citizen you would be arriving in the USA using a GE kiosk that requires a passport and these GE kiosks don't allow the use of GE cards - they are passport & PRC's only. See link, scroll down to section - how are GE cards used.

http://www.globalentry.gov/faq.html#f1
Well yes, if you're flying into the country but one can also drive from Canada.
This artice says it is for Dutch Citizens. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...d%20flux/sno/1

I have send CPB an email.
Old Nov 22, 13, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
I can recommend San Juan as an excellent place for the GE interview. Wide open availability, and (in my case at least) a charming and chatty CBP officer who is a credit to his agency. Spot on time with my appointment as well. At the end of the interview I was given a practical demo of how to use the machine, and my final approval had come through by the time I got to the Admirals Club.
Old Nov 22, 13, 9:12 am

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BasilBush View Post
I can recommend San Juan as an excellent place for the GE interview. Wide open availability, and (in my case at least) a charming and chatty CBP officer who is a credit to his agency. Spot on time with my appointment as well. At the end of the interview I was given a practical demo of how to use the machine, and my final approval had come through by the time I got to the Admirals Club.
Totally agree (see my post in the BAEC GE thread) - very helpful and painless process, although glad I had my T-Mobile USA SIM card to be able to phone them to gain access (the buzzer is out of order but they mention this on the booking confirmation).
Old Apr 11, 14, 7:18 am

Hmm, had my interview at ORD around lunchtime yesterday but no signs of confirmation of completion of enrollment, even when I log into my GOES account. Looking at the above though, everyone seems to have gotten theirs at most a couple of hours after interview. (Despite someone saying it can take up to 72 hours)

Did anyone else's take longer than a few hours?

Last edited by Tim nice but dim; Apr 11, 14 at 7:26 am
Old Apr 11, 14, 9:07 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tim nice but dim View Post
Hmm, had my interview at ORD around lunchtime yesterday but no signs of confirmation of completion of enrollment, even when I log into my GOES account. Looking at the above though, everyone seems to have gotten theirs at most a couple of hours after interview. (Despite someone saying it can take up to 72 hours)

Did anyone else's take longer than a few hours?
Maybe give them a quick call and see if they can check it's been completed ok?
Old Apr 13, 14, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by chistery View Post
Maybe give them a quick call and see if they can check it's been completed ok?
Looks like it has cleared now, account change notification came through on Friday evening local time

Last edited by Tim nice but dim; Apr 13, 14 at 6:42 am
Old Aug 10, 14, 2:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, VS Gold, BA Silver
Sorry to revive an oldish thread but are any promotional codes currently being released to UK citizens for Global Entry?
Old Aug 23, 14, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Global Entry Promo Code - UK Citizens

Anyone know if there is currently any way at all to get a Global Entry promo code? Either via an airline or otherwise?
Old Aug 29, 14, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Not unless you're an elite with an airline. Promo code doesn't equal CBP giving it away free. Promo code means someone else is picking up the $100 fee.
Old Aug 29, 14, 5:14 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by bmj1 View Post
Anyone know if there is currently any way at all to get a Global Entry promo code? Either via an airline or otherwise?
Unless you're a high level elite with United (1K or Global Services) or have a AmEx Platinum card, you're going to be ponying up $100.

If you're a US or Canadian citizen or a US or Canadian permanent resident, you can get GE for $50 by joining NEXUS.
Old Aug 29, 14, 5:43 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Not unless you're an elite with an airline. Promo code doesn't equal CBP giving it away free. Promo code means someone else is picking up the $100 fee.
Originally Posted by dustman81 View Post
Unless you're a high level elite with United (1K or Global Services) or have a AmEx Platinum card, you're going to be ponying up $100.

If you're a US or Canadian citizen or a US or Canadian permanent resident, you can get GE for $50 by joining NEXUS.
OP is not trying to save money; a promo code is required for UK citizens to be eligible to apply for GE at full price. Unfortunately, I believe that all of the codes that CBP intended to release have already been claimed.
Old Sep 25, 14, 7:54 am

Not that I am aware of...
Old Sep 25, 14, 9:14 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA blue
Originally Posted by HHonorable Oli View Post
Sorry to revive an oldish thread but are any promotional codes currently being released to UK citizens for Global Entry?
Someone mentioned that UK Citizens are not being approved for Global entry due to lack of reciprocal offering for non EU passport holders. I believe the uk are piloting a service for former IRIS users but that's all.
Old Oct 21, 14, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674 View Post
OP is not trying to save money; a promo code is required for UK citizens to be eligible to apply for GE at full price. Unfortunately, I believe that all of the codes that CBP intended to release have already been claimed.
Any updates to where one can find promo codes for GE for UK citizens?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: