Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by typical
I would live a firm cite for that, because it'd be a game-changer for me - but I've not seen anything on the CBP website along those lines.

I do believe that if you get a visa, you can head to a registration centre and revalidate your GE though without having to reapply.
Here it is. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internati...ention-act-faq

Under are there any waivers?

Yes, under the new Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security may waive these new travel-related VWP restrictions if the Secretary determines that such a waiver is in the law enforcement or national security interests of the United States. Such waivers will be granted only on a case-by-case basis. As a general matter, categories of travelers who may be eligible for a waiver include:

Individuals who have traveled to Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, or Yemen who maintain current Global Entry program membership.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not sure if this has been answered in the 1,342 posts preceding mine. Will my US Global Entry make going through LHR passport control/immigration quicker and thus I can get out of the airport sooner?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Not to my knowledge, you can use the automated passport booths if on a EU passport and not travelling with minors
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Analise
Not sure if this has been answered in the 1,342 posts preceding mine. Will my US Global Entry make going through LHR passport control/immigration quicker and thus I can get out of the airport sooner?
No. You need to qualify for and enroll in this program:
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:18 am

UK citizen with conditional approval now.

Applied for my access code with UK Border Force July 28, revived my code on the 30th. Applied for Global Entry that day (a Sunday, so probably no movement then), and got my approval on August 16th.

Tried to schedule an appointment at Bowling Green but there's nothing there, but was able to get one from mid-September at the Washington enrolment centre. Here's hoping it's as painless as the application process so far!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
FYI, you can now do GE enrollment on arrival to US at certain airports (IAH, AUS, SFO, YVR): https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...-international
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:23 pm

Global Entry

I'm a UK Citizen, living in the US on an L1 visa.
Applied on 08/01/17 but still waiting for conditional approval.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Do I need to do anything if I get a new Esta; or will it automatically pick it up?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Do I need to do anything if I get a new Esta; or will it automatically pick it up?
This thread is about processing time for Global Entry applications by UK citizens.

Issues other than processing times should be discussed in the following thread in the USA forum:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by sarahluv
UK citizen. took about 2 weeks for conditional approval. appointment scheduled at jfk in September.
How long did it take in the end?

Anybody applied in September? I submitted on GOES, a little over a week ago and I'm still waiting.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 12, 2017 at 10:49 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member for readability
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
UK citizen. took about 2 weeks for conditional approval. appointment scheduled at jfk in September.

and approved! about 9 weeks from beginning to end.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:36 pm
Suspended

and approved! about 9 weeks from beginning to end.
that is very long. Average so far from other threads about 2 weeks.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by chongcao
that is very long. Average so far from other threads about 2 weeks.

I meant including the interview. most of the time was waiting for the interview
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by reclusive46
Here it is. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internati...ention-act-faq

Under are there any waivers?

Yes, under the new Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security may waive these new travel-related VWP restrictions if the Secretary determines that such a waiver is in the law enforcement or national security interests of the United States. Such waivers will be granted only on a case-by-case basis. As a general matter, categories of travelers who may be eligible for a waiver include:

Individuals who have traveled to Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, or Yemen who maintain current Global Entry program membership.
I hope we get to see some actual examples of this happening.

Originally Posted by cooksey87
Hmm, thanks. I might just risk it. Getting a US visa isn't the end of the world, but I don't want to lose GE/TSA precheck...
Have you actually been to Iran/ applied for US visa/ were exempt from losing your ESTA?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:20 pm
Suspended

So to recap on the current information I have. The average days from Applies GOES/TTP to get conditional approve varies a great deal. Here are the data points I collected in this thread:

2013 the waiting days are:
20/5/24/31/36/26/18/20/19/19/51/50/51/45/32/49/50/42/49/20/35

There was a long period waiting due to government shut down or whatever reason there was. So excluding approve from that period, the average waiting is 18 days.

There is no data for 2014.

In 2015 the waiting days are:
5/3/14/6
The Average is 7 days!!

In 2016 the waiting days are:
8/67/20/10
Average 26 days. Excluding the extreme data the average is 13 days.

In 2017 there is only two samples:
16 days/2 weeks (assume 14-16 days?).

Surprise most people in the thread applied in 2013 and none in 2014. The report from 2015 and 2016 is really scarce. How about people applied in 2017? Come on. Post your experience here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.