Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by aidy
I just renewed my ESTA and for the first time it said pending review, this is the first time i entered my GE number, however 5 mins later i was approved.

Did you have the same, or was mine strange!
I don't have GE and applied for an ESTA recently and it also said pending review. Slightly alarmed, I immediately (within seconds) plugged my details into the status checker and it showed it as already approved.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I don't have GE and applied for an ESTA recently and it also said pending review. Slightly alarmed, I immediately (within seconds) plugged my details into the status checker and it showed it as already approved.
must just be slow at the moment then!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:35 pm
McG

Programs: BAEC
Applied to UKBF for access code 12/02/17
Access code received and GOES application 14/02/17
Conditional Approval for Global Entry 28/02/17

Had been planning on going for the interview when I go to Alaska in June, however with appointments available at the US embassy for next week and Ryanair doing a GLA-STN same day return flight for £32 decided to get the interview next week.

Interview 08/03/17

Whole process will have taken just over 3 weeks by the time the interview is done.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by aidy
I just renewed my ESTA and for the first time it said pending review, this is the first time i entered my GE number, however 5 mins later i was approved.

Did you have the same, or was mine strange!
It did move to Authorization Pending before changing to approved. Can't remember how long that took, but certainly no more than 5 mins, probably a bit less.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
It looks like there is no enrolment centre at the USA embassy anymore. Apparently we have 6 months to travel to the USA before custom's check expires. There's no way we can travel to the USA in that time period. So do I loose all the money I've paid so far?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, HH Gold, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz Pres Cir
Originally Posted by GodAtum
It looks like there is no enrolment centre at the USA embassy anymore. Apparently we have 6 months to travel to the USA before custom's check expires. There's no way we can travel to the USA in that time period. So do I loose all the money I've paid so far?
Just keep rescheduling your appointment for months into the future, then change it to one that's convenient when you know you're travelling.

AFAIK, there's no time limit that way.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:00 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:24 am
Old May 14, 2017, 9:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by markle
Any news on whether or not the London interview centre may reopen? After beating my (American) wife through immigration at Logan by 50 minutes and counting, it's probably time to invest in getting it for her too...
There are plans to plan to do another one at some point, but there is also the issue of CBP staffing for it. Why doesn't your US wife use MPC at Boston? For me there, MPC works at least as fast as GE at BOS. When I use MPC at BOS, I've been getting ahead of my travel party members using GE -- and I'm a MPC user with GE.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by markle
Any news on whether or not the London interview centre may reopen? After beating my (American) wife through immigration at Logan by 50 minutes and counting, it's probably time to invest in getting it for her too...
If your wife allows you such liberties, why put her on equal footing instead of seeking to push the envelope in other areas?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:09 am

Here's my story from the UK.

I applied for the UK Background Check on Tuesday 30th May and was surprised when that came back in under 24 hours. I then applied for Global Entry via CBP on Wednesday 31st May and this morning (10th June) I have been conditionally accepted.

Like so many others have said finding the appointment is difficult. I am in California on vacation in October and can't find anything during may stay. I have though found an appointment in Chicago so looks like a day on a plane for me.

Haven't given up hope of a Californian appointment yet as both Las Vegas and Long Beach have loads of appointments up to September then nothing in October. I wonder if the appointments haven't been loaded yet?

Guess I'll need to keep checking for openings.

Update: After an afternoon of searching, I have now secured an appointment in Phoenix which is much closer to my vacation destination of Los Angeles :-)

Last edited by essxjay; Jun 11, 2017 at 6:29 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Result! Worth keeping on checking as something may get open up - some centres are also willing to take walk ups, so you might get lucky.

GE is fantastic, was off plane and through immigration and customs at Boston on Friday in under 5 min - wish entering the UK was at quick!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Please let's get back on topic

We're experiencing topic drift.
FlyerTalk Rule 5:

Stay On Topic

FlyerTalk exists for the discussion of frequent flyer programs and the related travel experience. With the exception of the few areas specifically designated for the discussion of other topics, confine your comments as closely as possible to these topic areas and to the topic of the thread and forum in which you are posting.
Off-topic posts discussing the use of e-Gates in the UK have been deleted.

Please get back to the subject at hand, which is: Global Entry program - processing time for UK citizens

Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 11, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:24 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Action

A recent message about Global Entry interview appointments availability at the U.S. Embassy in London was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: UAL, Alaska, Delta
UK Fast track

This thread seems to be for entry into the US. I'm looking to Fast Track into UK. My husband and I live in the US. He has his greencard and UK born passport. I have only US passport. In lieu of getting separated at customs will the UK FastTrack system make my life easier. We will be going at least annually US to UK to visit family.
Any help appreciated.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by celticgirl
This thread seems to be for entry into the US. I'm looking to Fast Track into UK. My husband and I live in the US. He has his greencard and UK born passport. I have only US passport. In lieu of getting separated at customs will the UK FastTrack system make my life easier. We will be going at least annually US to UK to visit family.
Any help appreciated.
The last time that my wife (US) and I (US/UK) went through LHR we were told to use the manual lane for UK/EU passports together and this was very fast. We used to get mixed messages but it seems possible that they have now settled on a sensible approach. That said, my wife often got through the other passports lane as quickly as I got through UK/EU!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.