Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't think the KTN itself shows on my AA bps, but they certainly have "TSA pre-check" printed on them.
TSA PreCheck does indeed normally show up printed on the boarding passes for eligible passengers on eligible carriers. The KTN itself doesn't normally show up printed on the boarding passes.

If the KTN is printed in plain text on the boarding pass, it's a sign that something went wrong -- as in someone used the KTN as if it were a frequent flyer account number.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: GE
I flew AA last month and no KTN on my BP, just the usual PreCheck text.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:58 pm

KTN didn't show up on my boarding pass although the words precheck or the little precheck tick logo showed up on the paper boarding passes. In addition, they appeared on the mobile boarding passes. This has been consistent across all my domestic flights in the US since getting Global Entry, including flights with both United and with AA this weekend (the latter being a reward booking on AA using BA Avios).

It is also interesting that the precheck logo also appears on AA boarding passes with departing from DUB. I thought that was odd as there is no precheck benefit there, but it still appeared nonetheless. Presumably just an error perhaps relating to DUB having preclearance.

Also, my wife has Global Entry and we used her precheck benefit this weekend. This is despite her name with Global Entry/TSA precheck being in her old name. We hadn't expected to use it given she has changed her name since getting married but the boarding pass still showed 'precheck' when we printed it out. We went through without issue even though her passport shows her new name (which fyi matched her boarding pass). Perhaps, it is because her surname is a hyphenation of her old surname and her new surname. Either way, we'll head to a Global Entry enrollment centre at some point before her next flights in order to get the surname updated.

Simon.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
It is also interesting that the precheck logo also appears on AA boarding passes with departing from DUB. I thought that was odd as there is no precheck benefit there, but it still appeared nonetheless. Presumably just an error perhaps relating to DUB having preclearance.
I've had the PreCheck logo on boarding passes for AA flights departing from GDL, LHR and MAD.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Originally Posted by TWA884
I've had the PreCheck logo on boarding passes for AA flights departing from GDL, LHR and MAD.
From the TSA Pre FAQ here:

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/faq

If TSA Pre✓® is not available at my airport, why was it printed on my boarding pass?
Travelers are vetted for TSA Pre✓® every time they fly. TSA and airlines do not limit printing of the TSA Pre✓® indicator to the participating airports.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by typical
Many thanks - you're right it doesn't look good! Will stick to my scheduled appointment!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
From the TSA Pre FAQ here:

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/faq

If TSA Pre✓® is not available at my airport, why was it printed on my boarding pass?
Travelers are vetted for TSA Pre✓® every time they fly. TSA and airlines do not limit printing of the TSA Pre✓® indicator to the participating airports.
It only seems to be US airlines that do it for airports outside the US. WestJet and Air Canada will usually only show the TSA pre check logo on the return flight to Canada.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:17 pm

Sorry - latest question. I'm scheduled for an appointment at Boston (Logan airport) on a Sunday morning in November. I was really surprised to see the whole weekend pretty much open but grabbed appointments for myself and OH anyway. Now I can see that it looks like all weekends are blocked out (not showing as booked but actually completely blocked) and on the GOES info page it says Boston is only open Monday to Friday. Our letters definitely confirm the appointments on that date - can anyone offer assurance that that the office will be open? Don't really want to turn up to find its shut!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AlisonB84
Sorry - latest question. I'm scheduled for an appointment at Boston (Logan airport) on a Sunday morning in November. I was really surprised to see the whole weekend pretty much open but grabbed appointments for myself and OH anyway. Now I can see that it looks like all weekends are blocked out (not showing as booked but actually completely blocked) and on the GOES info page it says Boston is only open Monday to Friday. Our letters definitely confirm the appointments on that date - can anyone offer assurance that that the office will be open? Don't really want to turn up to find its shut!

There should be a number for the office on your letter - give them a call.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:43 pm

Just managed to reschedule to London - so no problem with Boston being open or closed on a Sunday!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:27 pm

Sorry for a probably stupid question!

Bit confused by the "admissibility documents" section of the GOES online application. Do I just select my UK passport details from the dropdown that I'd already entered on the previous screen (citizenship information). Or does it mean something else (US visa details etc?)
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by AlisonB84
You can give them a call (if they ever answer). It was open for my wife's interview when we turned upon on a random Saturday in February.

Note, back in February there was nowhere at the Global Entry office at BOS to 'check in' for your interview. You just arrived in the corridor where the office is located, walk up to the door, realise it is locked and you can't get in, realise that there is no way to signal that you're outside, sit down outside of the office on the seats opposite the door and eventually somebody will come out with a list of names scheduled for that hour and they confirm if your name is on the list. They'd then just bring you in one-by-one for your enrolment interview.

Comparatively, the JFK experience was better as you could go into the office, write your name down on a list, and go sit in a waiting room There is more certainty at JFK that you're in the right place unless in BOS. We were the only people waiting so we weren't sure in BOS and I was comparing it to my JFK experience where it was a lot more obvious that I was in the right place (also, we were the only people waiting hence why my wife was allowed to 'walk-in' - there was no queue and seemingly there had been several no-shows that day. It was snowy).

I'm probably going to pop back to BOS Global Entry in a few weeks to have them update some information for me that they can't do on the phone and I can't do online. At least this time I know that I'll be in the right place!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Nikko5

Bit confused by the "admissibility documents" section of the GOES online application. Do I just select my UK passport details from the dropdown that I'd already entered on the previous screen (citizenship information). Or does it mean something else (US visa details etc?)
I'm not 100% certain, but I think I remember selecting both my passport AND entering a Visa at this point (if you travel only on ESTA's you'll only need the passport here).

If I look at my GOES profile I see both the passport and my Visa in the "Admissibility Documents" section, which seems to suggest my memory is correct.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Nikko5

I checked my original application as I needed to go into GOES anyway.

If you're on the Visa-waver program (i.e. an ESTA) as I was at the time I applied in November 2015, then you'd just put your passport details. This is what I did and it was fine If there was a problem then I'm sure that the person at the Global Entry interview would have fixed it but I don't remember that happening.

If you're entering on a Visa then you'd put your visa number (though checking whether your specific visa is eligible for entry... some aren't as per the Global Entry website)

If you're entering on a Green card (which I'm trying to update my admissibility documents to reflect), then you'd use the numbers from that document, presumably your Alien number and the Green card number.

If you're entering on another document (e.g. an 'Advance Parole' document) then I'm under the impression that those documents aren't eligible for Global Entry.

Hope that helps!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:51 pm

Thanks for the quick reply - I travel on ESTA not a visa, so will just enter passport details here as per the previous screen...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.