Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: Confirmed
UA gives a promotion code to you if you request.
takes a day to be generated.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Not really open to UK yet since you still need a promo code and BA only give them to Gold. I would say it's pretty much as it's always been then which is by invitation.

K
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Keldin
Not really open to UK yet since you still need a promo code and BA only give them to Gold. I would say it's pretty much as it's always been then which is by invitation.

K
Do we have to ask BAEC or do they just send them out?

I'm very rarely at my BAEC address (because I spend most of my time in hotels), so perhaps there's codes waiting for me and the other gold in the household (I assume the invites won't extend to the blues on my HHA).
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
You could just do as nbevan suggested up-thread and ask the DHS nicely. I did earlier today and got my promo code sent back within a few hours with an email explaining the process for UK citizens. FYI, promo codes are unique and they have a limited shelf-life.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keldin

K
In fact I've just called up and they wanted to go and check whether they are allowed to give them to Gold, or just GGL
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
In fact I've just called up and they wanted to go and check whether they are allowed to give them to Gold, or just GGL
It's definitely open to golds, since I am definitely not GGL and they gave me a code in one phone call. Suggest you ask the operator to speak directly to the team that is running the scheme, while you hold.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Originally Posted by layz
Do we have to ask BAEC or do they just send them out?

I'm very rarely at my BAEC address (because I spend most of my time in hotels), so perhaps there's codes waiting for me and the other gold in the household (I assume the invites won't extend to the blues on my HHA).
You have to call BAEC and there is an (as yet undisclosed) threshold based on the amount of travel to and within the US.

In addition it seems it is only available to gold card holders at the moment.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nbevan
I spoke too soon: I had emailed the advertised contact [email protected] saying that I was a UK citizen and frequent traveller to the US, and asking whether I could obtain a promotion code to apply for Global Entry.

I have now received my promotion code!

I wonder how many are left ...
I emailed that contact this morning and received a promotional code in reply within 15mins.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Interestingly HKG has adopted a similar process and eligibility is dtermined by meeting a mnimum number of trips in the last 12 months and FF status. It seems that this is now becoming an added perk of Gold.

Strange about the police clearance certificate when one does not need that to actually visit the US.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
I emailed that contact this morning and received a promotional code in reply within 15mins.
ditto!
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I think this twice-a-year Silver has just saved his $100 non-refundable fee. Not that I really needed this anyway.

Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Really?
Based on visiting certain large cities in Europe (including the UK), I would say that there are more Middle East / African people than BNO. (Racial profiling, but then again, before 1997 I don't remember HK being very multicultural. Even today >90 percent of HKers are ethnic Chinese)
BNO is defined as someone with some sort of connection to HK before 1997.

Are you thinking of BOC?

Neither are EU.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SKRan
BNO is defined as someone with some sort of connection to HK before 1997.

Are you thinking of BOC?

Neither are EU.
I know the first part.
I thought I saw a BNO once that had EU on the front, but I could have been confusing it with the 'real' UK passport.
(I have two of them, one issued in 2004 and the other in 2013. Neither of mine have it.)
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Seriously everyone, what NBevan said.

I just hope Mr Panetta doesn't now shut it down when he wakes up to 10,000 requests like the airlines typically react to special fares/codes etc posted on here....so be REALLY nice to him.

I got GE a couple of weeks ago through this. Interestingly, all anyone had to do was ask ACRO the police clearance cert folks that you also need to go to - they gave out Larry's email address if you asked them for a code...... And i had zero status with BA when i got the code. Note it works even if you have a 'foreign' British passport (As the person that told me about this does, they only have a British passport from being in a british dependancy for a few years and they got it) - just email ACRO to confirm - they will still issue you a cert as all they do is confirm you have nothing on file within the UK. Gets you your cert code...

oh and here is the large GE thread with lots of advice about getting interviews etc: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...g-time-67.html

What I am now interested in - will BA sign up / CBP/TSA allow Brits with GE flying on a BA number (With BA or other oneworld into/out of the US) TSA-Pre access, as you do not get that I believe whereas US GE holders do (even though i got it being AAPlat and a complete unknown to the US govt other than some occasional travel through the US).

Last edited by jcm9000; Aug 13, 2013 at 9:14 am
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
They stuck "European Union" on the cover of Jersey, Channel Islands, passports even though we're definitely NOT in the EU. Just a small Crown Dependancy, so I guess we got sucked in anyway.

Bloody Yerp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.