Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by lovetoroam
Since the US government shutdown, has anyone, UK or other, had any updates about their GE renewal or application? Mine still shows as Pending but as it expires in a week or so, getting a bit concerned. Does anyone know if due to current situation, GE expiration dates are being extended?
Happy to say my renewal was approved two days ago. Actually, sooner than I expected.
Hope other members have good news soon!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
So my wife and I both submitted renewal applications on 27/12/2018, and they have been "Pending Review" ever since. Not sure what the issue is - we haven't done any dodgy trips as far as I am aware. In the email confirming our renewal submissions it suggested 2 weeks was the typical time for provision approval.

Anyone else waiting a long time for a decision?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by billinghamn
So my wife and I both submitted renewal applications on 27/12/2018, and they have been "Pending Review" ever since. Not sure what the issue is - we haven't done any dodgy trips as far as I am aware. In the email confirming our renewal submissions it suggested 2 weeks was the typical time for provision approval.

Anyone else waiting a long time for a decision?
My renewal payment went through 21/12/2018, not too long before yours. Could be you'll hear something from them fairly soon.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
Originally Posted by balowlyblue
Nope, still waiting for application submitted 18th December....
Not sure how long it'll take with the backlog from the shutdown, hope they agree a budget before the scheduled shutdown again in February!!
Hadn't checked my TTP account - got my approval through on 4th March! (Did they send an e-mail? Must have accidently deleted it!)

So, I will be doing my enrollment on arrival on my next trip next month! Then hoping for TSA Precheck on the return journey!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:21 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by balowlyblue
Hadn't checked my TTP account - got my approval through on 4th March! (Did they send an e-mail? Must have accidently deleted it!)

So, I will be doing my enrollment on arrival on my next trip next month! Then hoping for TSA Precheck on the return journey!
As reported in the initial and renewal processing timelines threads, emails are often not sent or received when there are changes in the status of the applications.

If yours is a first time application, make sure to add your KTN to your PNR of the existing reservation after you receive final approval. Take a look at this thread:
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
As reported in the initial and renewal processing timelines threads, emails are often not sent or received when there are changes in the status of the applications.

If yours is a first time application, make sure to add your KTN to your PNR of the existing reservation after you receive final approval. Take a look at this thread:
I didn’t even get an email when I was officially approved after the interview. I had to go on to the site and see the status was changed from conditionally approved to approved but no email ever got sent. This seems much more infrequent than the no email after conditional approval. I even checked the spam folder and nothing there either.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by itsjustandy
Long-time lurker, first poster.

UK Application 6 Jan
UK Approval 7 Jan
US Application 7 Jan

Obviously the shutdown will impact the remainder of this timeline!
The status change email came today and I’ve been conditionally approved, so 70 days end to end. Looks like they’re making inroads into the backlog.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Have't seen any success with renewing GE without a UK Access Code so went to start the process this evening - only to find the site falling over, rather frustratingly on the last page after you've entered all your details! Anyone else used it successfully recently?

Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:58 am
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Have't seen any success with renewing GE without a UK Access Code so went to start the process this evening - only to find the site falling over, rather frustratingly on the last page after you've entered all your details! Anyone else used it successfully recently?
I used it about 10 days before you and it was fine then. Approval came through within 5 days.
I'm doing a renewal and 5 years ago I was sent a certificate for this part so I was doing the access code process for the first time.
Just waiting for my GE renewal approval now which is going to be the longest part of the process.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CTV
I used it about 10 days before you and it was fine then. Approval came through within 5 days.
I'm doing a renewal and 5 years ago I was sent a certificate for this part so I was doing the access code process for the first time.
Just waiting for my GE renewal approval now which is going to be the longest part of the process.
Thanks, I emailed the Home Office team and they said it was fixed - tried again and still not working so emailed back and they again replied within a day to say it was properly fixed - and indeed it was! UK Access Code received promptly and renewal request submitted, just waiting for that now and hoping interview not required to keep things simple!
CTV likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
First GE renewal successfully completed and all very straight forward. Required an interview (possibly due to multiple entries to countries that US has fallen out with ?) but this was easily scheduled and completed in the Doha office during a 20hr layover between flights.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by willi348
My husband and I both applied on February 4th and are still waiting. It's frustrating that they aren't first in first out. 57 days and counting. I'm hoping we have it in another week or so. Thanks for all of the information out here! I was starting to worry that our applications were held in limbo for some reason.
I applied around the same time and, of course, I'm waiting as well.

A significant minority do get conditional approval within a couple of weeks but, for the rest of us, it's currently taking around 70 days. I haven't seen an explanation why it's one or the other but, from recent reports on FT, it's either been less than 14 days or more than 67. There is a CBP employee who has posted in this sub forum, but I think s/he works in a port or enrollment centre, not where applications are processed.

As a Brit, I had to apply to the UK Government to get a code in order to apply to the US Government for Global Entry - which increased the total cost by over 50%. However, the UK should probably review their automated email response:

Dear peter h
You have successfully registered to apply for US Global Entry.
(stuff)
It takes around 2 weeks to be provisionally accepted. You must then book an interview at a US enrolment centre.

Just hoping I get conditional approval before I arrive at JFK over Easter!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
applied with Approval code on 5/4 (a Friday), plan to have interview on arrival on Pacific Time 10pm at SFO, possible?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by derek2010
applied with Approval code on 5/4 (a Friday), plan to have interview on arrival on Pacific Time 10pm at SFO, possible?
Hours for EOA are on the EOA pages of the CBP website
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Hours for EOA are on the EOA pages of the CBP website
San Francisco International Airport (SFO):

Hours of Operation:
6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Terminal G) and
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (Terminal A)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.