Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
It's valid five years from the date of your birthday after your approval. If you have a March DOB and got approval in April, you get almost six years.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by typical
It's valid five years from the date of your birthday after your approval. If you have a March DOB and got approval in April, you get almost six years.
Ah great, that would be it then. I must have lucked into it! Now time to think of an alternative use for the £42 + $100 I had lined up for the application...
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by pacenotes
Annoyingly it came through 2 days after my trip started while I was in USA. I just didn't check while away.

Now I see no interviews available in London. When do they release more interviews?
London is not a regular location for GE interviews though in the last couple of years they have offered them for short periods, This year it was March - May,

I think it depends on how many applicants they have to make it worthwhile them transferring staff from the US to the UK. Keep an eye out on the US Embassy website for news.

In the mean time schedule an interview in the US just to meet the requirement for scheduling one within the requirements to make an appointment after getting GE. You can always cancel and reschedule and repeat until either you are in the US again or they do London again.
pacenotes likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by roimaaf

<snip>

Any words of advice for me or is there a way to contact someone at CBP ? If I get approved right before I arrive could still do EoA at LAX ? I do have a long list of countries visited but the majority of them are EU countries so I don't know if that's a factor ?
As long as you have CA you can do EoE.

As to speeding up getting CA I really don't see the point of contacting the CBP. I know some people do (see the general thread) and then appear to get approved quickly but I really think that is coincidence.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:55 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
London is not a regular location for GE interviews though in the last couple of years they have offered them for short periods, This year it was March - May,

I think it depends on how many applicants they have to make it worthwhile them transferring staff from the US to the UK. Keep an eye out on the US Embassy website for news.

In the mean time schedule an interview in the US just to meet the requirement for scheduling one within the requirements to make an appointment after getting GE. You can always cancel and reschedule and repeat until either you are in the US again or they do London again.
We have a thread discussing the temporary London, UK, enrollment center:
The deadlines for scheduling and having the enrollment interviews are discussed in this recent thread:
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:20 pm

Update - I got the conditional approval through today (application submitted on TTP 11 October). 5.5 week turnaround? Appointment booked for 11December.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Has anyone renewed recently? What's the likelihood of not needing another interview?

Wondering whether to start the process as I have trips planned in Jan and March and can do the interviews then if needed.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: DL GM, AA PLT.
Can someone help clarify this for me please?

UK national, got GE four and a half years ago. Haven't been on the GOES site since. Coming up to renewal, so created a Login.Gov account, and clicked on renewal.
It is asking me for a UK access code, and directs me to the UK Border Force website. That suggests I need to pay for a background check again.
Is that correct on a renewal, rather than a new application?

Thanks

Edit - I tried to use the code GE sent to me when I first applied (when GE for Brits was limited) but that comes up as invalid.

Last edited by rpjepson; Nov 25, 2018 at 8:10 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:31 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by rpjepson

UK national, got GE four and a half years ago. Haven't been on the GOES site since. Coming up to renewal, so created a Login.Gov account, and clicked on renewal.
It is asking me for a UK access code, and directs me to the UK Border Force website. That suggests I need to pay for a background check again.

Thanks

Edit - I tried to use the code GE sent to me when I first applied (when GE for Brits was limited) but that comes up as invalid.
From information posted in the parallel thread in the USA forum, UK Joining Global Entry program (Merged Threads), it would appear that a new UK access code is required.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rpjepson

Thanks

Sadly this does appear to be the case. I tried asking a couple of times via the GE helpline how to deal with this but they didn't seem to quite get what I was talking about!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Jeune, BAEC Blue, Eurobonus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Nice Airport Club Airport Premier Gold
Originally Posted by roimaaf
Still waiting for my initial conditional approval... Getting worried cos I have a week long trip to the US planned in January and my window of opportunity for interviews is slimming day by day.

UK Application Oct 21
UK Approval Oct 22
US Application Oct 22

Any words of advice for me or is there a way to contact someone at CBP ? If I get approved right before I arrive could still do EoA at LAX ? I do have a long list of countries visited but the majority of them are EU countries so I don't know if that's a factor ?
Phew all sorted

UK Application Oct 21
UK Approval Oct 22
US Application Oct 22
US Conditional Approval Nov 26
US Appointment January though I plan to use EoA at LAX since there's no availability whatsoever for some reason ?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:05 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm on Global Entry number 3, having been a member since 2009 - when a limited number of frequent flyers were invited into a trial of GE for UK citizens. This renewal was completely different to my previous renewal in terms of process since the UK Border Force authorization wasn't around last time.

My GE number 2 would have expired in October 2019, earliest I could apply in advance being mid October 2018, and I actually applied to the CBP on Thursday 1 November. I was approved on Friday 30 November, so that is exactly 30 day, and it was a full approval, no interview required, my new GE number 3 expiry date is mid October 2024. The UK Border Force aspect took just 36 hours, of which 20 hours or so were on a Sunday.

I'm on a A2/B1/B2 Visa - I've let my ESTA lapse now. I have visited dodgy places like Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Pakistan, Sudan, Venezuela and Canada, so I was expecting an interview (which I got on renewal 2, sort of, it was in LAS and it was a Vegas style conversation....)

I did get the "status change" email from CBP, prompting me to log into my account.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:19 pm

Canada is a "dodgy" place?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MarkY123
Canada is a "dodgy" place?
Maybe that bit you need not take too seriously.
MarkY123 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I am due to renew in May 2019 and have just started the process.

I was asked by the website to provide a UKBF code. I applied for it on a Saturday evening and got it by 10:00 the following Monday, so very quick.

I have filled in the application on the new web site and am now waiting to see if I will need to attend an interview with CBP. Fingers crossed I won’t!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.