Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:52 am

This is good news - except for what the press release actually says:

Citizens participating in Korea’s Smart Entry System (SES), Germany’s Automated and Biometrics-Supported Border Controls (ABG) Plus, and select Qatar and United Kingdom citizens may be able to receive Global Entry benefits.
So - SELECT UK citizens MAY be able to get the benefits - but not how/why/what the criteria are to be part of that select group.

The main GE page hasn't been updated yet - so I guess we wait and see.

M.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:53 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
So what do you enter for the promotional code (hahaha). According to the .ppt presentation it is some sort of police report id number, tells you to press help but there is not.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 1:16 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Don't hold your breath. They are the only nation that has told me to get in the foreigner queue at immigration, and this is a BNO passport.
(Others like France / Germany / Italy / Portugal / Spain/ Swiss have let me use the EU queue)

Are there other governments that provide 'national overseas' passports that you can make the comparison with?

Rightly or wrongly, the whole point of BNO passports is that they don't give rights in respect of entry or stay in the UK. If they did there would be little point in having BNO passports.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
I guess this means the government of all of these countries is sharing a sufficient amount of information about its citizens. Most folks would see this as a negative. Bet this has the tinfoil hat types over in the travel safety/security forum whipped into a frenzy.

And as a GE member, I'm not a big fan of more people having access to the program. Just means longer lines for me.
As a GE member myself, I have no problem with this, as long as there are reciprocal arrangements in place for US GE members in turn; it doesn't sound like the UK is providing such arrangements any time soon. IRIS was great while it lasted, but my registration expires next month and there is no way to renew it.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 3:33 am

Hasn't it always been the case that "select" UK individuals can have access ? Like those that get the BA invites. Don't think I'll hold my breath on this one.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by prof
As a GE member myself, I have no problem with this, as long as there are reciprocal arrangements in place for US GE members in turn; it doesn't sound like the UK is providing such arrangements any time soon. IRIS was great while it lasted, but my registration expires next month and there is no way to renew it.
The IRIS machines at T5 have been barricaded off for a while now so there would be no point in renewing.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
One IRIS was working last Tuesday afternoon at T5.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Purdey
One IRIS was working last Tuesday afternoon at T5.
Really? I was there three weeks ago and the green lights were on but they had double tensabarrier protection.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 4:27 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by gw76
Hasn't it always been the case that "select" UK individuals can have access ? Like those that get the BA invites. Don't think I'll hold my breath on this one.
Yes - I have been a GE member for some time. I got an invite from BA.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
I have signed up for a GOES account but the Global Entry application still requires a promotional code. How frustrating! The announcement appears to imply that the new eligibility is live. Clearly not, and there's no indication (that I can see) of when it will be available.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by dubbin
I have signed up for a GOES account but the Global Entry application still requires a promotional code. How frustrating! The announcement appears to imply that the new eligibility is live. Clearly not, and there's no indication (that I can see) of when it will be available.
got the same! Very frustrating.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by dubbin
I called a GE office for more info, and was told that BA could provide the promotional codes. So, not much has changed.

I assume that the slow progress is due to the lack of a reciprocal programme in the UK with pre-cleared members (and which could be used by US GE members), and the difficulty of obtaining police clearance.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Grr. Is there any way to persuade BA to supply a code?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: BA
Folks, hold your horses!

Even once you can apply and the code restriction has been removed, you will need to apply for and receive a UK ACPO certificate before you can submit your application. http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

In any case, this was only ANNOUNCED two days ago. Give them a chance to update the systems and get a process in place!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting to see Qataris on the list. I wonder what concession the Qatari government granted in return...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.