Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:27 am

Just had a reply from the DHS to say that 'At this time they are no longer accepting additional GE applications from UK.Citizens' I dont know if this temporary due to earlier govermental closures causing a backlog or if its more permanent.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
I knew I had left it too long. I just emailed Larry and had the response that they are not taking any further applications from British Citizens for the time being and as such cannot issue me a code.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by tdng
I knew I had left it too long. I just emailed Larry and had the response that they are not taking any further applications from British Citizens for the time being and as such cannot issue me a code.
Interesting! Either they are going to properly open it up for Brits as they previously mentioned, or FlyerTalk does it again! I know a chap in here has been waiting a rather long time for approval so I guess they have become inundated with applications.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Interesting! Either they are going to properly open it up for Brits as they previously mentioned, or FlyerTalk does it again! I know a chap in here has been waiting a rather long time for approval so I guess they have become inundated with applications.
I just got the same response sadly from Larry. One of my colleagues needs an invite- anyone have an unused one they can't use before 31/12?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hmm - well I'm now almost at 7 weeks so thought I'd drop in and ask at the CBP GE offices when travelling through SFO. They had a look online on their system and said the delay was in waiting for the UK Government to send data across to the CBP. Don't know if that's correct or not but maybe that's why we've all had such a big delay. Unfortunately I've no idea who we could chase it up with at the UK end. I've emailed Larry as well but not heard anything back.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
UK to join Global Entry program

Wish I hadn't dragged my feet on this, been sitting on the promo code for weeks, and haven't bothered to get anything done yet, trip to NYC on Friday and LAS in November, doesn't look like I'll manage to get an interview in time!

Wish they just had a fast track for $300 or something!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Registered on the 23rd September - still pending review .... hopefully not too much longer given I've been waiting for 5 weeks ....
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBigRat
Registered on the 23rd September - still pending review .... hopefully not too much longer given I've been waiting for 5 weeks ....
I think you will have a good wait yet (sorry to be bearer of bad news). I submitted on 08 Sep, and I have been waiting 7 weeks and a day, and I haven't heard anything yet.

From other posts, sounds like the UK Govt are holding up sending over data about the Brits applications.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:03 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; GT-I9505 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.32 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Larry is now out of codes he says. Anyone have a spare they won't be using before end of year? I have a colleague desperate for one. Cheers
Well, this might actually be good news for those of us still waiting - perhaps the backlog will start to reduce now.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Well, this might actually be good news for those of us still waiting - perhaps the backlog will start to reduce now.
If they are being processed in order of receipt, it won't make a jot of difference I suspect
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:45 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Well, it did something because my approval dropped through a few minutes ago - probably too late for this time because I fly out of PHL today so will be relying on a walk-in, but conditional appointment made elsewhere which I'll doubtless have to re-schedule.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Mine also just came through (applied Sept 10th).
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:34 am

Dear all
I applied on Sept 9th and was conditionally approved TODAY!!!
Just got a 9:15 pm slot at MIA for saturday
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EP, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by robsterny
UK citizen living in the US on a work visa.
Application submitted Sunday, September 8th. Still pending review.
Approved today.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Just had mine conditionally approved after something like 7 weeks wait. I have a ton of uncertainty in my life at the moment, so no idea which enrolment centre would work. I think I'll just try to plan a long weekend at some point somewhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.