Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
Originally Posted by nbevan
In the online form I filled out before I found that I was not eligible, I had to list all the countries that I had visited in the last 5 years (Tripit is a great asset!).
When applying for a green card I had to list every trip to the US I had ever taken - took two pages and ended with a note saying the list was as complete as I could make it but my memory of trips as a two year old is a little hazy
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Now is IRIS still available for US citizens? Americans often have to wait an hour or longer to get through UK passport control as well...

Yes, although no new/renewal registration, regardless of nationality, is accepted now.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
UK application for US Global Entry

So... How does one get invited?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by dubbin
So... How does one get invited?
Don't know exactly but 50 trips to the states in the past 4 years seemed to do the trick for me. Got approached in the Lounge at LGW en-route to MCO by a BA ladyand offered the invitation. She just mentioned frequent travelers being asked.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Yes, although no new/renewal registration, regardless of nationality, is accepted now.
That is what I feared regarding IRIS. I think GE for UK residents frequently visiting the US and IRIS for Americans frequently visiting the UK would definitely be a step in the right direction.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 6:07 am

Question Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK citizens

I can confirm Global Entry is available to certain UK passport holders, by certain I mean its currently being trialled. You can only join if you are invited by Virgin / British Airways and you have to be one of their frequent flyers (highest tier) when filling in your application you need a promotional code which the airlines will give you if you qualify and of course you need to complete a CRB check.

I completed the process earlier this year and was approved, it goes without saying I actually enjoy flying into JFK now as opposed to being custom to waiting in line for a few hours!

The application process took 12 weeks for me though this was just before the summer holidays and expected due to an increase in registration!

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:20 pm

Location: Usually to be found either at home in Surrey or travelling around Europe.
Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold , Hilton Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver
I was in MCO last week and was passing the Global entry office and popped in to ask what the current status of Global Entry program for UK applicants.

The officer told me that they were processing a lot of UK applications at the moment so hopefully not to long until they open the program up.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:16 pm

Is GE available to in-frequent visitors to the US (1-4 times a year)? Well when they open it up to UK nationals.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
I spoke to the TSA guys at iAd today. They said 3 month wait for background checks and then interview at next airport of entry.

I bet it's really painful, but could also really be worth it!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TheKipper
I spoke to the TSA guys at iAd today. They said 3 month wait for background checks and then interview at next airport of entry.

I bet it's really painful, but could also really be worth it!
TSA or CBP?

I've seen this done in less than three weeks repeatedly this month, so the "background check" -- which is centralized for the most part -- doesn't take months. The time to get an interview slot varies by airport. At airports like IAD or ORD or JFK/EWR, the wait for available interview slot is longer than say at MSP.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
TSA or CBP?
The joint GE/PreCheck information desk at IAD is staffed by TSOs. Their knowledge of CBP programs seems to be limited.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:44 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
The difficult part at least for me is that you need to book an appointment for the final interview and most airports are booking 6 weeks or more in the future. If you have a certain travel date and will be going through one of the airports that offer the interview (there's a list on the GOES website of about 25 or so but most airports that are common points of entry are listed) then you could book your appointment for when you are there. It looks like I am going to end up paying to fly down to Seattle primarily for the interview because I don't know far enough in advance when I'm passing through one of the interview places to book an appointment.

I was told by someone at the SEA office that you can check online to look for cancellations and that's what I'm doing for a scheduled trip in late January. Right now SEA is booking in late March!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
This would be nice.

However, a separate line for ESTA holders would probably improve things sufficiently for me. Last week in ORD then we were stuck behind a couple of planes full of visa holders (middle east, sub continent). The ESTA holders fly through the process, but they visa holders take 3 or 4 times as long.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:00 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Time traveller
GE would definitely help UK residents move through immigration & customs quicker.
Slightly OT, but at least one UK citizen has also been able to enrol in Pre-Check, the US airport programme that gives members a much less invasive security screening procedure and permits members to skip most security queues, without removing/sequestering shoes, laptops or liquids.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JFX1764
Is GE available to in-frequent visitors to the US (1-4 times a year)? Well when they open it up to UK nationals.
I really doubt it is worth it. For example you would need an enhanced CRB check, which is tedious in its own right. There are credible reports of people with very minor childhood misdemeanours being denied GE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.