Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
CLEAR was working fine at MIA on Saturday but PreCheck was closed, so they just handed me the fake PreCheck card.
CLEAR is useless in Miami after 4pm as the long line is after doc check. PreCheck is closed and everyone gets into the same line.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by Xlr
Is CLEAR still working the usual way during this government shutdown? I hear PreCheck lines are closed at some airports.
No issues at SJC at least.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Credit Card Merchant Category

What does the CLEAR membership fee code as on your credit card? Is it considered "travel" or something else? Just wanted to know if it qualified for a category eligible for bonus miles/points... Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Tennen
What does the CLEAR membership fee code as on your credit card? Is it considered "travel" or something else? Just wanted to know if it qualified for a category eligible for bonus miles/points... Thanks!
Not unless something's changed in the last year:

Originally Posted by eeflyer
Does CLEAR count for travel for any of the providers? My fee on my Sapphire Reserve just posted as 1%.
Originally Posted by Zorak
I doubt it. My data point is that $50 for an additional family member did not qualify for the $300 CSR travel credit.
Originally Posted by seawolf
No it does not.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Not unless something's changed in the last year:
Thanks! I guess I didn't use the right terms while searching...
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Tennen
Thanks! I guess I didn't use the right terms while searching...
No worries, FT search isn't the greatest :-/

I cheated, because I remembered I'd posted something but you have to put short words like "csr" in quotation marks or else it ignores them.
Tennen likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:23 pm

MSP datapoint - last week Thursday evening, only had to show TSA the BP on the phone briefly from 5 feet away, no ID check.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by smithrh
no ID check.
The TDC (@MSP, at least) needed to see ID post CLEAR, and not just your BP? SOP for me (@SJC/PHX/SFO at least) was to just show your BP past the CLEAR checkpoint (and the CLEAR reps usually did that for me while I go find a place in the PreCheck line, a nice plus).
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:31 pm

No ID check by TSA. No ID check post Clear - unless I'm not understanding your post.

Walk up to Clear machine, get greeted, scan, OK, place phone on Clear reader, beeps, Clear rep walks me to TSA, all TSA wanted was to see that I had a BP.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:34 pm

Ah, OK ... it's just "no ID check" implied that there was one on the past for CLEAR members.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:38 pm

Yes, there was a time when I'd "randomly" be asked for ID in MSP after going through CLEAR. Hopefully that's over with now.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:48 am

Clear, a provider of biometric security technology, secured a round of financing led by funds advised by T Rowe Price Associates Inc., as well as Revolution Growth, which will be used, in part, to help a major expansion at airports and sports venues for both clearance and payment, according to a spokesman.
Clear will roll out its technology at additional baseball stadiums this year, according to the release.
Link

Losing Delta Diamond? Extend CLEAR for a Year

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 2, 2019 at 7:54 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by smithrh
Yes, there was a time when I'd "randomly" be asked for ID in MSP after going through CLEAR. Hopefully that's over with now.
Ditto for SFO. Has not happened for a while.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Ditto for SFO. Has not happened for a while.
I noticed that for the customer in front of me yesterday at SFO the CLEAR kiosk said "RANDOM SELECTION" and they had to rescan their boarding pass at the TDC podium which I don't recall seeing before but maybe I just never paid attention when I got randomly selected.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:32 pm

I noticed that for the customer in front of me yesterday at SFO the CLEAR kiosk said "RANDOM SELECTION" and they had to rescan their boarding pass at the TDC podium which I don't recall seeing before but maybe I just never paid attention when I got randomly selected.
I was randomly selected for the first time today.

Pretty painless but i was still annoyed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.