Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
So I have CLEAR as I'm added as a family member on a friend's account. 2 of the last 3 times I've attempted to go through CLEAR, it denies me as it wants a payment update. We've logged into the account and it shows no balance due and renewal isn't until mid Feb 2019. Any idea what could be causing this? Strange thing is it's not every time, like I said, 2 of the last 3 times this has happened.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Looks like Hertz and CLEAR are teaming up for something called Hertz Fast Lane. Only available at ATL for now but after linking accounts you are supposed to be able to use CLEAR biometrics to exit from the lot or something.

I have a booking in January and will try it out then. Anyone else got the email or had a chance to use it yet?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:59 pm

Clear launches @ New Orleans KMSY
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:48 am

Hertz employs facial recognition and fingerprint readers in biometric security drive

Members of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program, who are enrolled with Clear, can use their face or fingerprint to verify their identity when collecting a rental car, instead of producing valid physical ID, like a passport.
Called 'Hertz Fast Lane powered by Clear', the biometric system is now available at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, and will be rolled out to over 40 more US airports through 2019. These include Los Angeles International, John F. Kennedy, and San Francisco International airports.
Hertz claims the system can offer a time saving of 75 percent compared to current identity verification methods, although the company also admits this cuts the time down to 30 seconds, so your saving is minimal to say the least.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:14 pm

CLEAR

Hey Guys, I was traveling back home from IAD to BNA a couple of days. I have Global Entry and therefore TSA pre check but it didn't really matter because the line for that was insane...The issue seemed to be the priority that was being given to CLEAR. There were two TSA officer getting people through but only one of them was actually checking most folks in. The other one was solely dedicated to assisting CLEAR customers who had just signed up. A lot of them didn't even have pre check so they were still taking of their shoes and belts and getting their liquids out and etc, which was making the wait even longer. The people working for CLEAR weren't very nice either...in fact they were kinda pushy. I can usually handle that from the TSA or Customs, or even the gate agents but I just didn't see where these guys were getting off acting like that. Has anyone else had any issues like that? I don't travel that much so its been my first run in with them.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:09 am

Commonwealth One Federal Credit Union is offering "CLEAR Expedited Airport Security Line Service" on their Visa Signature and Platinum rewards credit cards: https://www.cofcu.org/borrow/visa-cr...atinum-rewards

Unfortunately, I could not find any more details on the benefits guide pdf documents. Can someone who is a member in this credit union or lives in vicinity verify if the benefit is a free membership or just a discount?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I already have Precheck and just joined CLEAR. I noticed at AUS that sometimes the CLEAR line is a lot shorter than Precheck ID checking line. Is it accurate that after accessing the kiosk, I will still be able to use the Precheck security screening?

What about my family members I signed up who don't have Precheck? Will they now be able to use the Precheck security screening?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Is it accurate that after accessing the kiosk, I will still be able to use the Precheck security screening?
It's even better than that- you'll get to cut into the post-TDC PreCheck line as the CLEAR reps take your phone over to the TDC.

As to your question about your family, no. They'll (probably, I have no experience) be moved to after the TDC in the regular line.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
What about my family members I signed up who don't have Precheck? Will they now be able to use the Precheck security screening?
No.

Please refer to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:02 pm

I already have Precheck and just joined CLEAR. I noticed at AUS that sometimes the CLEAR line is a lot shorter than Precheck ID checking line. Is it accurate that after accessing the kiosk, I will still be able to use the Precheck security screening?

Yes and no (in that order.)
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Yes and no (in that order.)
OK, these answers make sense to me. Thanks for the swift replies!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I don't know how large your family is but I would bite the bullet and get GE for all of them. My kids both have it which makes airport departures and arrivals a breeze (except for a recent SSSS but that's another story). And if you and your spouse have CLEAR then your kids can follow you through the CLEAR line. Is this worth $20 per person per year? I think so but I guess it depends how much you travel.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:35 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note - Topic Drift

Folks,

Please stay on topic, which is CLEAR.

Please keep in mind FlyerTalk Rule 5 - Stay on Topic - when posting in this thread.

While a little natural deviation is fine, please let’s not derail this topic too far.

Posts discussing travel with family members or companions who do not have PreCheck are off topic for this thread and should be discussed in the thread referenced above, Traveling With Non PreCheck Companions/Family Members.

For indexing and search purposes, future posts discussing topics other than using CLEAR will be moved to the relevant threads.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:43 am
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Is CLEAR still working the usual way during this government shutdown? I hear PreCheck lines are closed at some airports.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Xlr
Is CLEAR still working the usual way during this government shutdown? I hear PreCheck lines are closed at some airports.
CLEAR was working fine at MIA on Saturday but PreCheck was closed, so they just handed me the fake PreCheck card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.