Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:28 pm

I was told every 5th person would have to show ID/boarding pass. I was told this before Clear staff knew what kind of boarding pass I had (electronic v paper).

TSA checker looked at the Clear person as I was presented and said "Is this the fifth one?" TSA checker looked at ID, scanned the boarding pass.

Originally I was a tad miffed by this, as it certainly degrades the value of Clear a bit, but then I decided the it wasn't a huge impact. But I recognize the slippery slope at the same time...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Clear at AUS in the typically long single Pre check line for the AA gates. Or you can just walk down to the three pre check lines near the Delta gates and breeze through.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Slow experience at SFO. Was required to show my BP to TSA and the Clear employee brushed it off as a "recent change but it's real easy!"

What the heck is the point of the biometrics then?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:27 am

Does anyone know if CLEAR can by used to get through the security line on an outgoing international flight at IAD or is it strictly domestic? I contacted them but am getting conflicting answers. One said no, the other said yes you can. I took a look at terminal map for IAD and CLEAR is offered at most check points before going to the international terminal. Can anyone clarify this?

Last edited by rjruiz; Apr 13, 2018 at 7:32 am
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by rjruiz
Does anyone know if CLEAR can by used to board an international flight at IAD or is it strictly domestic? I contacted them but am getting conflicting answers. One said no, the other said yes you can. I took a look at terminal map for IAD and CLEAR is offered at most check points before going to the international terminal. Can anyone clarify this?
All gates at IAD are behind the same security checkpoints - there are no separate gate areas at IAD.
chrisny2 and rjruiz like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Glad to see that CLEAR is now in operation at Oakland A's games! ^ Now if we can just get a CLEAR lane at OAK airport, which shares the same BART stop...

I am still steamed that CLEAR was kicked out of IAH.

Originally Posted by demkr
Slow experience at SFO. Was required to show my BP to TSA and the Clear employee brushed it off as a "recent change but it's real easy!"
<redacted>...

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 12, 2018 at 8:06 am Reason: Opinion/commentary better left for the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
All gates at IAD are behind the same security checkpoints - there are no separate gate areas at IAD.
So it doesn't matter than if you're flying domestic/international...you can utilize CLEAR either way?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by demkr

I flew out of the International Terminal at SFO two weeks ago. The guy in front of me had to show his ID to TSA, and the CLEAR attendant told him he would. When I asked if I would, she said "no, not you."

For what it's worth, I had a paper boarding pass issued at a kiosk at the airport (I seem to recalls someone saying whether or not one was checked had to do with an electronic vs. paper boarding pass, but I have no idea.)
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:57 am

So it doesn't matter than if you're flying domestic/international...you can utilize CLEAR either way?
You might be confusing things. You'll get through security with clear but Clear has nothing to do with boarding/checking in (you're initial question was about boarding). You'll still need to show whatever is asked/required by gate agent/check in counter for your flight like showing your passport.
rjruiz likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by drew in the air
You might be confusing things. You'll get through security with clear but Clear has nothing to do with boarding/checking in (you're initial question was about boarding). You'll still need to show whatever is asked/required by gate agent/check in counter for your flight like showing your passport.
Sorry about that, I should've rephrased the question, I meant strictly for the part where you wait in line to get through security. I have used it domestically before and basically you just jump in front of everyone else. I was just under the assumption that CLEAR can be utilized for outgoing international flights as well.

Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I was just under the assumption that CLEAR can be utilized for outgoing international flights as well.
Indeed it can. But only some international carriers participate in Pre-Check. I'm not sure of the IAD layout and whether you can use Clear if your carrier doesn't participate in Pre-Check.
rjruiz likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:38 am
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
You can have CLEAR and NOT Pre-Check (I unfortunately had that exact scenario while waiting on my GE interview) you get to go to the front of the regular line
rjruiz likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Just landed/arrived at SJC. On exiting, saw that the Terminal A PreCheck line is overflowing past the end of the roped lane. Good day to have CLEAR.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Twice at SJC. Didn't have to get out of line in PC, the CLEAR reps walked my phone and ID up.

<deleted by moderator>
The clear rep took my ID and phone up to the TSA PreCheck stand on 04/04 at DTW. I was pretty miffed and sent a nastygram to their support/feedback before my flight. There's no reason that I should have to give up control of my unlocked phone for the screening process (not to mention having that phone handed to a government agent in an unlocked state). I have nothing to hide, but that's unacceptable. I got a standard "we're sorry to hear that" reply. I plan to decline to give them my phone on my trip this week (if asked) and will report back.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by OtherDave
I plan to decline to give them my phone on my trip this week (if asked) and will report back.
Without taking sides as to whether this is "right", I'm guessing you'll be invited to go back out to the counter or a kiosk to obtain a paper boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.