Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: LH, DL
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
RE: LAX: Wondering why not TBIT -
I just spoke to a CLEAR rep @ T5 LAX - CLEAR will open in TBIT.

I was disappointed not to be able to combine the current 2 month free promo with the Delta discount
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by GMTmin8
I just spoke to a CLEAR rep @ T5 LAX - CLEAR will open in TBIT.

I was disappointed not to be able to combine the current 2 month free promo with the Delta discount
Just sign up using it and mention the discount to customer service. Generally they're good about giving out discounts.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
3 month trial:

https://www.clearme.com/enroll/p/freedom

or use code FREEDOM. "Valid for new members only and renews at $179 for 12 months after initial trial term. Offer must be redeemed by 7/05/17."
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Big news again. It looks like CLEAR now has career spots open in SLC confirming that most likely they will setup shop there with in the coming months. Stay tuned.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe international passengersdeparting on airlines using TBIT are much less likely to have CLEAR.
Additionally CLEAR for some reason is limited to US citizens only. So indeed, the amount of people traveling thru TBIT w/ CLEAR will be slimmer than the other terminals.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 2, 2017 at 9:53 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Additionally CLEAR for some reason is limited to US citizens only.........
I think that is left over from the original concept of CLEAR which was that in addition to the private entrance, you would get a TSA Pre-like experience.

That never happened.

Last edited by BigFlyer; Jul 2, 2017 at 12:30 am
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:52 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Do you really need to be US citizen to enroll? I thought you can enroll with just drivers license.

Come to think of it. Should this thread even be in Trusted Traveler forum? The original program did involve background checks. The current one. I'm not so sure.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Do you really need to be US citizen to enroll? I thought you can enroll with just drivers license.

Come to think of it. Should this thread even be in Trusted Traveler forum? The original program did involve background checks. The current one. I'm not so sure.
It does (its creepy how much they know about us when we enroll) however now there are three threads on CLEAR of which 2 are in the DL board. I think we should just have one master thread for it.

Unfortunately, according to program rules it's limited to US permanent residents and citizens. <deleted>.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 3, 2017 at 9:21 am Reason: Policy Debate/commentary, not practical Trusted Travelers advice/information
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: DL EK QR TK
I signed up for TSA Pre-check Wednesday @1:30pm and received the KTN approval yesterday (Saturday) via email. Only 3 days. That was quick! I also signed up for CLEAR. I have several upcoming flights. So, I'll see how it works out.

I'm glad to be part of this forum. So informative^

*on edit: as of right now, the airport I will utilize for CLEAR access will be LAX, where the majority of my originating flights will occur.

Last edited by SKOOBDO; Jul 9, 2017 at 12:52 pm
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:25 pm

Big news again. It looks like CLEAR now has career spots open in SLC confirming that most likely they will setup shop there with in the coming months. Stay tuned.

Additionally CLEAR for some reason is limited to US citizens only. So indeed, the amount of people traveling thru TBIT w/ CLEAR will be slimmer than the other terminals.
Landed in SLC today. CLEAR is up and running finally.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by hotsauce
Landed in SLC today. CLEAR is up and running finally.
Thanks.

The wikipost has been updated.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:38 pm

Does anyone know when LAX's TBIT will get CLEAR? I spoke to a rep and he indicated there's no CLEAR station there yet.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:03 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SKOOBDO
Does anyone know when LAX's TBIT will get CLEAR? I spoke to a rep and he indicated there's no CLEAR station there yet.
There do not appear to be plans to open CLEAR lanes at TBIT. According to their website, CLEAR lanes are currently open at T2, T3, T4, T6, and T7. T1 and T5 are "coming soon."

You can, however, use the CLEAR lane at T4 and walk through the T4-TBIT Connector to TBIT.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
There do not appear to be plans to open CLEAR lanes at TBIT. According to their website, CLEAR lanes are currently open at T2, T3, T4, T6, and T7. T1 and T5 are "coming soon."

You can, however, use the CLEAR lane at T4 and walk through the T4-TBIT Connector to TBIT.
Thank you! Good to know.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:06 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
It does (its creepy how much they know about us when we enroll) however now there are three threads on CLEAR of which 2 are in the DL board. I think we should just have one master thread for it.

Unfortunately, according to program rules it's limited to US permanent residents and citizens. <deleted>.
I am also searching for this but cannot find this specific rule. In the past I've seen it but now it's nowhere to be found.

All I can see in the requirements is that a US driving license is required and many non-citizens/LPR are eligible for driving licenses (students, diplomats, etc).
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound
I am also searching for this but cannot find this specific rule. In the past I've seen it but now it's nowhere to be found.

All I can see in the requirements is that a US driving license is required and many non-citizens/LPR are eligible for driving licenses (students, diplomats, etc).
One sec, I'll grab it. At least at one point it was fairly blatant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.