Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Anybody now what prior "Clear" members are to do to continue to benefit from this registered traveler program? I received message traffic from Clear welcoming us back but they have never said anything else. Again anybody now anything?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
You might want to check this extensive thread in the Travel and Security forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...d-threads.html
Old May 29, 2012, 4:46 pm

Question The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Anybody checked out where the new Clear lanes are at SFO this time around, and where they dump you?

-David
Old May 30, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I received an email last week with this info:

Verification Locations and Hours of Operation
Terminal 1 (boarding area B and C): Daily 5AM - 10PM
Terminal 2 (boarding area D): Daily 5AM - 10PM
Terminal 3 (boarding area F1, adjacent to Door 6): Daily 5AM - 10PM
International Terminal (boarding areas A and D): Daily 5AM - 10PM

I assume verification locations mean the Clear lanes.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
I signed up many months ago but have not been anywhere near a registration. On Friday I fly into Orlando so I will go to the office there to get my photo ID card. I know to bring my DL and Passport.

Anyone know how long that process will take?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
If there's no line and you've registered online the process takes a few minutes. They call up your account, have you verify your identity with a couple of questions on the screen (sort of like when you get a free credit report), and then they get fingerprints, iris scan, and a photo. Total about 5 minutes I'd say.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by wilp888
Terminal 3 (boarding area F1, adjacent to Door 6): Daily 5AM - 10PM
Thanks, arrived at SFO yesterday, checked it out ...

F1 is the old UA elite entrance, which was recently reopened. It (the old Clear entrance) used to be under the stairs, now it's to the right of those stairs, dumps you right at the head of the first belt. It looks a lot better to me than the elite lines, except it looks like no self opt-out at this entrance.

To give you perspective, I'm standing in the hallway in between security and the entrance to the terminal. The wall behind the machines is behind the elevators, near the stairs that go up to the mezzanine level (there's a landside Peet's and some fast food up and a bank up there also) and the walkway to the garage and the airport train.

I will try it on Saturday. Will be much less walking than using the elite entrance since the hotel shuttle drops me right near this entrance.

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jun 6, 2012 at 5:34 pm
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
it looks like now self opt-out at this entrance.
So the Clear lane is WTMD only, or it places you right at the WTMD lane?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:58 pm

How can Clear survive with Pre around?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
So the Clear lane is WTMD only, or it places you right at the WTMD lane?
When I was there, it appeared that the WTMD was closed and you had to go through the circular NOS thing. I only observed it from airside, so not sure yet. I'll know more on Saturday.

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
How can Clear survive with Pre around?
No idea.

-David
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
CLEAR (faster security) at SFO

I just joined CLEAR and have my next flight next week. Any SFO users out there who can help me out with best access to SFO term either through Int'l or regular Term 3? Can't really find on-line exactly where they are located, and if one seems faster than any other?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I just joined CLEAR and have my next flight next week. Any SFO users out there who can help me out with best access to SFO term either through Int'l or regular Term 3? Can't really find on-line exactly where they are located, and if one seems faster than any other?
Alright, I'll be the one to ask it.

You're 1K. Which means you already get access to the elite lane and you can be cleared for PreCheck when it goes live at SFO (among other airports) in a few weeks. Why spend the money on CLEAR?

(BTW - CLEAR doesn't actually get you 'faster security'. You get to bypass the line to the TDC. You still have to take your shoes off, assume the position, get scanned, etc.)
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
When they went bankrupt couple of years ago, they stated the customer information (all your security information) was part of the assets that was for sale. I would stay away from this company!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:23 pm

Try this thread in TSS ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...fo-2012-a.html
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:24 pm

CLEAR (faster security) at SFO

Yeah stick to 1k lines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.