Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by xero9
New data point..

Applied for my newborn son on August 7th in the morning and was conditionally approved today on September 21st. 33 business days if you exclude any holidays. I guess 32 if you count labor day.

Originally got an interview on October 25th, but I refreshed for a few minutes and snagged one on Monday the 24th (3 days from now)!
Thanks for this info. I applied for my 14 year old on August 3 and am still waiting.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:25 am

My card was charged on 6th September by NEXUS/CANPAS/FAST/CDRP-O but the charge came to 45.78 USD, I had completed the paper application.

Looks like they charged me 60 CAD for the application when looking at the exchange fees for Visa on the day it posted:
Currencies fluctuate every day. The rate shown applies to transactions processed by Visa Europe on 09 September 2018 with a currency conversion fee of 0.00%

60.00 Canadian Dollar = 45.78 United States Dollar
Is it normal for the charge to be 60 CAD or is this a mistake, if so how do I get this fixed? I don't want to charge back as this is a government agency.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by Sintaku
My card was charged on 6th September by NEXUS/CANPAS/FAST/CDRP-O but the charge came to 45.78 USD, I had completed the paper application.

Looks like they charged me 60 CAD for the application when looking at the exchange fees for Visa on the day it posted:

Is it normal for the charge to be 60 CAD or is this a mistake, if so how do I get this fixed? I don't want to charge back as this is a government agency.
I have no idea why they charged you 60 cad instead of 50, but they really should charge 10 extra for a paper application. I don't know why they even still allow paper applications at all. That being said, I'd say just leave the charges as is. Ten bucks written off is nothing compared to the time and effort needed to reverse it one way or another, which could potentially cause your entire application to be canceled.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by xobile
I have no idea why they charged you 60 cad instead of 50, but they really should charge 10 extra for a paper application. I don't know why they even still allow paper applications at all. That being said, I'd say just leave the charges as is. Ten bucks written off is nothing compared to the time and effort needed to reverse it one way or another, which could potentially cause your entire application to be canceled.
They did it on both applications, still a discount on the 50 USD. Main perk of the paper application for us was not having to fill up 5 online accounts, but next time we will probably do it online.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
They did it on both applications, still a discount on the 50 USD. Main perk of the paper application for us was not having to fill up 5 online accounts, but next time we will probably do it online.
You still need to establish online accounts anyway to be notified when your applications are conditionally approved as well as scheduling interviews.
You shall find out paper application usually takes longer than online application from application to conditional approval.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
You still need to establish online accounts anyway to be notified when your applications are conditionally approved as well as scheduling interviews.
You shall find out paper application usually takes longer than online application from application to conditional approval.
I gathered as much, oh well. What is done is done. Funny thing is I can do 8 global entries for free (got that many cards that give the credit).
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I gathered as much, oh well. What is done is done. Funny thing is I can do 8 global entries for free (got that many cards that give the credit).
True, I can do a couple of Global Entries for free as well. You can always try, some have succeeded.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by nhlfan79
Thanks for this info. I applied for my 14 year old on August 3 and am still waiting.
Applied for my wife and son on August 3. Wife (who already had Global Entry) got her conditional approval yesterday, September 28. Son is still "Pending Review."

39 business days (and counting).
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:46 am

Applied for myself, my wife, and my 5 y/o son online on July 4th.

Myself: conditionally approved 10/12 (71 business days)
Wife: conditionally approved 10/12 (71 business days)
Son: conditionally approved 10/9 (68 business days)

shuuy likes this.

Last edited by Cousinmike; Oct 24, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:22 pm

Applied for wife and two kids week of 13 August. Both kids got approval this past Friday and Mk day. Wife is still pending
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: EY
Friend applied on July 7, approved October 4. 89 days. It would be important to note that this was a reapplication after a previous denial. She initially applied in July 2017, but was denied almost immediately and received a denial letter from CBSA within a week, and from CBP within a month. She had a Canadian customs violation in June 2012, where she failed to declare an item which CBSA deemed to be of relatively high value. In the reapplication, she noted the denial and the reason, and stated her remorse on not declaring. CBSA's guidelines for NEXUS state that Customs Act violations bar a person from NEXUS for six years. Apparently a CBP violation sticks on your record forever, as many of you know. The new approval did not mention the previous denial, perhaps it will come up at the interview though.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:18 pm

Wife applied 8/14, conditionally approved 10/10, interview set for 10/11 (+2 kids).
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: aeroplan
I applied 08/14 still pending review.(46 business days as of today) Wife and children applied 09/04 still pending review.
JJsnyder likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:43 am

I applied on 08/02 - still pending. I'm really starting to wonder what the hold up is.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:44 pm

Time?

Just off off phone with Canada and was told 12 weeks for background on Canada side is this correct? My payment was charged August 14, 2018. I applied online on TPP site. I do have Global Entry and dual citizenship. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.