Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: Alaska Airline
Approved

Originally Posted by Anikijin
Family of 4 applied

Applied(initial): March 20, 2017
Conditional Approval: One of the child approved 5/6/17 Everyone else is pending
Interview: TBD
Approved: TBD
Card arrived: TBD

I am really hoping the process is faster than this... Both of us are foreign born later became Americans, and kids are born in US. The one has been approved for interview is an infant child with no history of foreign travelling other than drive across Canadian border.
Update

Applied(initial): March 20, 2017
Conditional Approval: One of the child approved 5/6/17, Everyone else approved 6/28/17
Interview: 7/5/17
Approved: TBD

Hopefully the interview process goes smoother than the waiting long days. 3 month seems very long wait for just conditional approval.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:53 am

My processing time wasn't so bad, all in all. I have no criminal record, have had no entry denials and have a consistent history of multiple US crossings per year for a variety of reasons. I have visited mainland China, Cuba, Mexico and Jamaica in the past 5 years and hold an multiple entry visa for China.

Applied(initial): 5/5/2017
Conditional Approval: 7/2/2017
Initial Interview: 7/21/2017 (Pearson)
Rescheduled Interview: 7/16/2017 (Fort Erie)
Approved: 7/16/2017 (5 mins after interview)

Last edited by Madmanguruman; Jul 17, 2017 at 8:34 am Reason: updated interview
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:20 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Another data point from The NEXUS Information Thread:
Originally Posted by bertie.enochs
My experience ...

Applied: 3-May
Estimated processing time back then: 51 days (71 days today 4-Jul)

Conditional approval email: 1-Jul @ 11:15 am (Canada Day)
Actual processing time: 42 days

Interview scheduled: 3-Jul @ 8:30 am (someone must have cancelled due to Canada Day long weekend)
Center: Buffalo - Fort Erie

<snip>

Received "Approved" email @ 9:20 am same day. Now waiting for cards to arrive
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:18 pm

So finally convinced my wife to give the enrollment center a call, since it has been 5 days since her interview, and she was still only showing conditionally approved. They ended up calling GOES themselves and called her back saying that she got missed on some list and it would be fixed today. About 10 minutes after that, her account changed to show she was approved. So her timeline is as below.

Applied: April 15, 2017
Conditional Approval: June 19, 2017
Interview: June 29, 2017
Approved: July 4, 2017
Card arrived:
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:52 pm

Wow, I can't believe how fast everyone else seems to be.
We applied with a paper application, mailed in late Feb sometime, our credit card charge was posted on April 18 2017. Have heard nothing since....just crickets....
Obviously we should have used the online method but thought we should save a few bucks.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by yukonranger
We applied with a paper application, mailed in late Feb sometime, our credit card charge was posted on April 18 2017. Have heard nothing since....just crickets....
Obviously we should have used the online method but thought we should save a few bucks.
I would recommend to give them a call - they may tell you how much longer it will take and also they may give you PASSID number which you can use to create online GOES account and keep an eye on it - you will have to do it anyway in order to schedule an appointment when the time comes.

(each person will have own PASSID and will need own GOES account)
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Welcome to FT. As Iceland suggested, do call them. Paper application usually takes about a week to two weeks longer than online application. Your situation is quite unusual. Please come back and let us know what happened.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:11 am

I called them this morning, and .....I think they must troll FT, because he said my application status just changed so I was able to create an account and schedule an interview. Still waiting for the letter mind you...
So 92 Business days since I sent in my application until I called in to confirm I was tentatively accepted. 92 Business days., My partner is still waiting for his, it is still under review on the US side. We both mailed in at the same time.
If he gets his status changed soon, I would say that the whole process will have taken 5 months.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:26 am

I called them this morning, and .....I think they must troll FT, because he said my application status just changed so I was able to create an account and schedule an interview. Still waiting for the letter mind you...
So 92 Business days since I sent in my application until I called in to confirm I was tentatively accepted. 92 Business days., My partner is still waiting for his, it is still under review on the US side. We both mailed in at the same time.
If he gets his status changed soon, I would say that the whole process will have taken 5 months.
Something must have happened to Feb/March batch. More recent applicants are reporting approximately two months from initial application to conditional approval.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Something must have happened to Feb/March batch. More recent applicants are reporting approximately two months from initial application to conditional approval.
My partner checked his status, and was told he received Canadian clearance May 1, so there must be some kind of backlog stateside. His is still under US review.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:39 am

My partner checked his status, and was told he received Canadian clearance May 1, so there must be some kind of backlog stateside. His is still under US review.
Since your interview will be much later than expected. You might consider scheduling an appointment a day after your birthday if your birthday is close enough to make it worthwhile. Then you get 5 years and 364 days until your renewal.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
What are folks trying to save by mailing in their application? Is there an additional fee for completing the app online? Curious... thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by CanRulez
What are folks trying to save by mailing in their application? Is there an additional fee for completing the app online? Curious... thanks.
Mail in Canadian 50, online US$50. Difference is in exchange rate. Currently 1 Canadian dollar is worth US$.78. Canadian 50 is equivalent to US$39, you save US$11 by paper application.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Mail in Canadian 50, online US$50. Difference is in exchange rate. Currently 1 Canadian dollar is worth US$.78. Canadian 50 is equivalent to US$39, you save US$11 by paper application.
Thanks. A few months ago, the savings would have been greater I suppose.

I do find it funny though the hurdles some folks will jump over to save a few bucks.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by CanRulez
Thanks. A few months ago, the savings would have been greater I suppose.

i do find it funny though the hurdles some will overcome to save a few bucks.
To each's own. A penny saved is a penny earned. $11 goes towards a great $317 mileage run to China, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.