Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Processing Timelines

NEXUS First Time Applications Processing Timelines

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 31, 19, 4:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: TheBOSman
Wiki Link
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11
39 business days as of 2018-11-30
35 business days as of 2018-09-06
32 business days as of 2018-06-26
20 business days as of 2018-04-13
20 business days as of 2018-02-28
18 business days as of 2018-01-29
18 business days as of 2018-01-22
23 business days as of 2017-12-14
26 business days as of 2017-10-05
60 business days as of 2017-07-12
65 business days as of 2017-07-04
71 business days as of 2017-05-31
51 business days as of 2017-03-31
47 business days as of 2017-02-28
32 business days as of 2016-12-31
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 26, 16, 1:17 pm
  #751  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SFO
Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Posts: 5,018
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
My passport is expiring next year. My interview is scheduled for this coming up October. Will I need to go through the application process again with the new passport.
Update your new passport information at GOES website. Some say updating your new passport information in person is necessary, and some say it is not. You make your own judgement.

Here is a long thread for you to enjoy: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732
1KChinito is offline  
Old Jul 27, 16, 12:12 pm
  #752  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SEA, then DCA, KCH, HND
Programs: Starbucks and Costco Gold. also MVPG.
Posts: 54
Entered my PASSID into my GOES acct and no applications appeared. CTSA said they entered it in June, and it should show a pending application.

Called the GOES Helpline, and they said that it'll only show Application Pending when they finish the review. Couldn't tell me if the US hadn't finished reviewing, hadn't started, or if they even received it from Canada. Currently 8 weeks without anything showing in GOES.

Last edited by Kuchingite; Jul 27, 16 at 1:50 pm
Kuchingite is offline  
Old Jul 28, 16, 6:22 pm
  #753  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: PDX
Programs: United Milage Plus
Posts: 2
10 Weeks and Counting

My wife and I applied for Nexus cards on May 18. She received her pre-approval on June 28 (5 weeks, 6 days after application). As of today I'm still "Pending Review" (10 weeks, 1 day after my application).
tkpdx is offline  
Old Jul 29, 16, 12:53 pm
  #754  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,108
11 weeks for me today. Still pending review. This is getting pretty depressing.
invalyd is offline  
Old Jul 29, 16, 2:26 pm
  #755  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 212
I'm just over 6 weeks since applying to add NEXUS (already have GE), so I guess that doesn't speed things along...
thirtyfour is offline  
Old Jul 29, 16, 4:48 pm
  #756  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by thirtyfour View Post
I'm just over 6 weeks since applying to add NEXUS (already have GE), so I guess that doesn't speed things along...
It doesn't at least appear that way. I'm now at 11 weeks and still pending (and have GE).
livebetter_travelmore is offline  
Old Jul 30, 16, 11:12 am
  #757  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by livebetter_travelmore View Post
It doesn't at least appear that way. I'm now at 11 weeks and still pending (and have GE).
Woohoo! Finally, after 11 weeks plus one day, I received my NEXUS conditional approval. I was one of those mid-May applicants who's been waiting a while. Was surprised to see the conditional approval letter appear (and dated) on a Saturday no less.
livebetter_travelmore is offline  
Old Jul 30, 16, 11:28 am
  #758  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Posts: 11,602
Originally Posted by livebetter_travelmore View Post
Woohoo! Finally, after 11 weeks plus one day, I received my NEXUS conditional approval. I was one of those mid-May applicants who's been waiting a while. Was surprised to see the conditional approval letter appear (and dated) on a Saturday no less.
Finally. I'm still guessing CBSA is the bottleneck given GE processing time is 2-3 weeks on the GE thread.

How do interview slots look?
seawolf is online now  
Old Jul 30, 16, 11:29 am
  #759  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SFO
Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Posts: 5,018
Originally Posted by livebetter_travelmore View Post
Woohoo! Finally, after 11 weeks plus one day, I received my NEXUS conditional approval. I was one of those mid-May applicants who's been waiting a while. Was surprised to see the conditional approval letter appear (and dated) on a Saturday no less.
Now the real fun begins; trying to find a close in interview spot.
1KChinito is offline  
Old Jul 30, 16, 12:02 pm
  #760  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
Now the real fun begins; trying to find a close in interview spot.
As far as "close", I live in Austin TX so that isn't happening, lol. But on a plus note, I was pleasantly surprised to find quite a few available appointment slots (including locations that perform iris scans) anywhere from the next couple of days to a month out. I've been looking forward to another Canadian vacation to get a respite from the TX heat, so I easily booked something in the next few weeks.
livebetter_travelmore is offline  
Old Jul 30, 16, 12:48 pm
  #761  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,108
Originally Posted by livebetter_travelmore View Post
Woohoo! Finally, after 11 weeks plus one day, I received my NEXUS conditional approval. I was one of those mid-May applicants who's been waiting a while. Was surprised to see the conditional approval letter appear (and dated) on a Saturday no less.
Did you receive an email or an actual letter? Seems like we applied on the exact same date. Nothing for me yet ;(
invalyd is offline  
Old Jul 30, 16, 2:03 pm
  #762  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by invalyd View Post
Did you receive an email or an actual letter? Seems like we applied on the exact same date. Nothing for me yet ;(
I received an email, subject "PROD-GOES - Account Status Change", alerting me to login to my GOES account. Mind you, I was logging into my GOES account daily anyway just in case I missed or never got an email. But, as with my Global Entry's conditional approval notification, I did receive an email to check my GOES account. The conditional-approval "letter" appeared in my message inbox of the GOES account, and the status of my application was changed from "pending review" along with a button to select for scheduling an appointment.
livebetter_travelmore is offline  
Old Jul 30, 16, 2:14 pm
  #763  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,108
Originally Posted by livebetter_travelmore View Post
I received an email, subject "PROD-GOES - Account Status Change", alerting me to login to my GOES account. Mind you, I was logging into my GOES account daily anyway just in case I missed or never got an email. But, as with my Global Entry's conditional approval notification, I did receive an email to check my GOES account. The conditional-approval "letter" appeared in my message inbox of the GOES account, and the status of my application was changed from "pending review" along with a button to select for scheduling an appointment.
Spoke too soon, just got mine too!
invalyd is offline  
Old Jul 30, 16, 2:36 pm
  #764  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Posts: 25,776
Originally Posted by livebetter_travelmore View Post
As far as "close", I live in Austin TX so that isn't happening, lol. But on a plus note, I was pleasantly surprised to find quite a few available appointment slots (including locations that perform iris scans) anywhere from the next couple of days to a month out. I've been looking forward to another Canadian vacation to get a respite from the TX heat, so I easily booked something in the next few weeks.
Still waiting for mine here, but glad to hear it will hopefully come soon.

AUS-YVR was cheap recently but has gone up. I think the cheapest Canadian destination I saw from AUS in a recent search was YUL.
TheBOSman is offline  
Old Jul 30, 16, 5:27 pm
  #765  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,108
Just booked my appointment. Closest center for me is SEA but they don't have appointments until 2017, meanwhile both centers in YVR are wide open as early as this week. Booked for August 30th as it worked best for my travel schedule.
invalyd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: