Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
I had a similar issue with SEA, dates were 4-6 weeks out. I kept checking the calendar for cancelations, people tend to cancel 1-5 days out if they are going to cancel and found two appointments, one for 2/21(too soon) which was the next day and at 10:00 AM the week of the 27th. I took the one for next week. No appointments the rest of February, not a single one in March to mid April. Check frequently, you may luck out.
Seems like SEA is far worse now, a year later. Soonest appointments usually show around 6 months later, although sooner dates do appear randomly.

I was able to get April 6 and 7 through others' cancellations, but I am seeking a date from April 1-3. Are my chances slim?

And for family appointments, if I can find just one time slot, can I bring the whole family in?

Thank you very much.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
New signup for GOES (and Nexus): How long?

The Friday before last I submitted an application for Trusted Traveler and GOES along with a $50 payment by CC for Nexus. I'm going to be in Toronto for several weeks off and on and want to time my Nexus interview with a project week.

My status shows "Pending Review". How long does this take normally?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
if I recall, my "pending review" cleared in a few days (funny how they managed to process my credit card immediately though), but the in-person interview was seriously delayed, and the first available appointment was about 5 months out. Once your "pending review" status clears, you'll be able to search for available appointments at various locations (airports).
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
OK. I'm about 7 business days since my initial application. I'll wait it out. I was hoping for a "few days".
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I applied on Jan. 22nd, still showing 'pending'.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
When we applied about 18 months ago it took 3 - 4 weeks for the approval. Remember, when you apply for Nexus it has to be approved by both Canada & the U.S. I don't know about YYZ, but at the Detroit, Ambassador Bridge Nexus office you can usually get an appointment within a week. Last December we drove to Toronto to see friends & stopped at YYZ to go to the Nexus office to have the iris scan (can't be done in most U.S. offices). We walked in on a Friday afternoon & there was no one there waiting (granted, for just an iris scan you don't need an appointment) & we were done in 5 min., so if you get an approval and appointments are way out you might just try going over to YYZ on a Friday afternoon & see if they'll take you (the Nexus office is outside security so you can just walk in).
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:30 pm

Nexus application processing time

Anyone know how long it takes to get conditional approval for the Nexus card?

Thanks.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:53 am

Mine took 3 weeks in 4/11 - I have heard it is taking longer now because more people are getting Nexus/GE so they can be eligible for TSA pre-check. I was able to get a Nexus interview within a few days at the Ambassador bridge in Detroit after conditional approval. When you go for your Nexus interview make sure they put the GE "CBP" sticker in the back of your passport (they sometimes forget).
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:44 am

Thanks. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks. Hopefully it will be soon.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: NEXUS/GE
I applied on 5/20 and am still "Pending Review".

Is the Ambassador Bridge interview site easy to get to from the American side?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:10 am

Yes, it is easy to find. I did my Global Entry interview there. The specific instructions are in the letter when you schedule your appointment.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: AS, GE/NEXUS, Starbucks Gold
Both my wife and I applied on 5/6, and are still pending. We have planned air travel to Canada in August, so I am getting a little antsy.

I wonder if the sequestration has impacted processing times?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:40 pm

I called cbp today and was told it could take anywhere from 4 weeks to 3 months!
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Depends on several factors that might complicate your background investigation. These factors could include:

- do you have extensive foreign travel on your record during the past five years? Any "unfriendly" countries such as in the Middle East?
- do you have many different addresses and/or employment over the past five years?
- any interactions with law enforcement, especially arrests, charges, convictions, etc? (Remember that a DUI is likely to make you ineligible for NEXUS, even if it happened decades ago)

Also, the delay might be a result of sequestration.

Keep checking your GOES account and watch for status updates.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:28 am

Remember, with Nexus you have to pass a background check by the U.S. AND Canada, so there can be delays from either country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.