Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:46 am

Nine (9) weeks since application for me and still 'Pending Review' (and in spite of already having Global Entry).
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YEGAccountant
I mailed my paper application on April 14, it hit my credit card April 29. I called June 6 after not having received a letter or response. The lady I spoke with said my application had cleared the security check on May 13 and gave me an ID number that I could enter to get into the GOES system and book an appointment. She also said that the letter may not arrive (it did arrive June 16) but that it wasn't a requirement to have it at the interview.

Earliest appointment for YEG was in early October, so I actually planned to go to YVR for a mid-July appointment since I would be there anyways. Luckily an YEG slot for June 30 opened up a few days later so I grabbed it. Had the interview last Thursday and received approval notification via e-mail within 30 minutes after my appointment.

Now wait and see how the Canada Post strike delays getting the card...

My advice would be to call the centre handling your application and see if they can provide you with your online account number.
Just a follow-up - card received in mail on July 13 - so almost exactly three months from application to receipt of card. Will get to use for first time next week ^
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:14 pm

Hey all... Another "me too" reporting in. Applied 8th June, still on "Pending Review" in GOES. I'm a dual Maltese/Canadian living in Canada. I was hoping to do an interview at YYZ on the 8th when I fly to MLA but that obviously is a pipedream

Just to confirm, it is OK for a Canadian to go across the border and do an interview at a US enrolment centre if they are closer or have a faster appointment right?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:50 am

Applied 5/30 with two first time applications, both still pending review
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Applied May 20 for my wife. Still pending Review more than 8 weeks later.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Gozit
Hey all... Another "me too" reporting in. Applied 8th June, still on "Pending Review" in GOES. I'm a dual Maltese/Canadian living in Canada. I was hoping to do an interview at YYZ on the 8th when I fly to MLA but that obviously is a pipedream

Just to confirm, it is OK for a Canadian to go across the border and do an interview at a US enrolment centre if they are closer or have a faster appointment right?
Welcome to FT. Have you called NEXUS to confirm? I am assuming any NEXUS center is acceptable.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:13 pm

the wait continues

I just called our local CBP office and she said she's been getting lots of calls, people are past the 6-8 week mark, and still haven't been approved. I was hoping for a better answer. Oh well. I wanted it by next week. She said their appointments are almost immediate, but getting the first conditional approval is the hard part.

I'm anxious to see someone post "I'm in!" I just want a sliver of hope.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT. Have you called NEXUS to confirm? I am assuming any NEXUS center is acceptable.
I believe the only slight issue is that US locations aren't set up to do the iris scans, but should be able to do those as a walkin at a Canadian enrollment center after getting Nexus.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by rustykettel
I believe the only slight issue is that US locations aren't set up to do the iris scans, but should be able to do those as a walkin at a Canadian enrollment center after getting Nexus.
That is correct. The most difficult part is getting an interview appointment.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Looks like the GOES website is down for 24 hours. Maybe we'll all be conditionally approved when it comes back up?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by invalyd
Looks like the GOES website is down for 24 hours. Maybe we'll all be conditionally approved when it comes back up?
We'll be all fully approved.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
+1

Get an extra year for the inconvenience.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, IHG, Marriott, Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by Rirruto
That's wild about your wife's app. So random. How did you know what processing center to call?
I looked on the NEXUS Site at Canada Border Services Agency. It wasn't hard to find.

Even wilder, my wife went yesterday for her appointment and was told they had no record of her appointment. It is possible that when she was making the appointment, she had missed clicking on the last button to confirm. So, now she has an appointment in September!

She asked about my application and was told that they are "still investigating his background." 10 weeks and counting... sigh!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by SnowDude
I looked on the NEXUS Site at Canada Border Services Agency. It wasn't hard to find.

Even wilder, my wife went yesterday for her appointment and was told they had no record of her appointment. It is possible that when she was making the appointment, she had missed clicking on the last button to confirm. So, now she has an appointment in September!

She asked about my application and was told that they are "still investigating his background." 10 weeks and counting... sigh!
Thanks for the link. Called the number and was connected to an actual person who was pretty pleasant and helpful but didn't have much info (not expecting that). He basically said my application has been all clear on the Canadian side for a few weeks but still waiting for US approval. Sigh....
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:04 pm

I have been waiting for six weeks for conditional approval, and given how long some of you have been waiting, it doesn't look like I should expect to get it anytime soon. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will be able to travel to any of the NEXUS centers after Labor Day this year due to other planned travel, so I'm worried that I might not be able to schedule an appointment within the 120 day window once I do get conditional approval.

Once approved, is there any way to pay another $50 to convert the application to Global Entry and do an interview locally, or would I have to let my Nexus application expire and start over with the full $100 fee?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.