Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Processing Timelines

NEXUS First Time Applications Processing Timelines

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 31, 19, 4:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TheBOSman
Wiki Link
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11
39 business days as of 2018-11-30
35 business days as of 2018-09-06
32 business days as of 2018-06-26
20 business days as of 2018-04-13
20 business days as of 2018-02-28
18 business days as of 2018-01-29
18 business days as of 2018-01-22
23 business days as of 2017-12-14
26 business days as of 2017-10-05
60 business days as of 2017-07-12
65 business days as of 2017-07-04
71 business days as of 2017-05-31
51 business days as of 2017-03-31
47 business days as of 2017-02-28
32 business days as of 2016-12-31
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 17, 16, 11:01 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Originally Posted by Rirruto View Post
Going on 4+ weeks (applied 5/18) with no updates for my family's 3 applications.
Same here. Applied MAY 23 and have been GE member for more than a year. Still no update.
Old Jun 19, 16, 10:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
Same here. Applied MAY 23 and have been GE member for more than a year. Still no update.
Applied May 13 here, no updated yet.
Old Jun 22, 16, 11:56 am
Original Member

Still no update from May NEXUS applications. Perhaps CBSA went on vacation.

The GE process time thread indicates people being approved in a timely manner.
Old Jun 22, 16, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Add me to the list of mid-May applicants still waiting at "Pending Review" for NEXUS.
Old Jun 22, 16, 2:59 pm

May app, no approval

Applied in May for my family of 5, and still says "pending review". Kids leave on trip July 25 and had high hopes since my local border crossings don't have a wait for interviews. I didn't expect this long of a wait for the initial review.
Old Jun 22, 16, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Still no update from May NEXUS applications. Perhaps CBSA went on vacation.

The GE process time thread indicates people being approved in a timely manner.
Timely processing now for GE? The processing time doubled or tripled during about the last month, as apparently they got lots of applications in response to the long lines for TSA security.
Old Jun 22, 16, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Timely processing now for GE? The processing time doubled or tripled during about the last month, as apparently they got lots of applications in response to the long lines for TSA security.
My girlfriend applied for GE 2 weeks after I applied for Nexus. She got approval in a week, interview scheduled within a few days and already has her GE card in hand.
Meanwhile, I'm still pending review.
Old Jun 22, 16, 5:38 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Last couple of entries in GE processing thread is about 3 weeks which is about the processing time 5 years ago. Not sure what the typical time is/was last couple of monthsyears.
Old Jun 22, 16, 9:37 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sbeets View Post
Applied in May for my family of 5, and still says "pending review". Kids leave on trip July 25 and had high hopes since my local border crossings don't have a wait for interviews. I didn't expect this long of a wait for the initial review.
Welcome to FT. My stats for NEXUS

11 Jan 2016 Applied online
25 Jan 2016 Received conditional approval
6 Feb 2016 Interviewed at 1611 Main Street, Vancouver, B.C. after numerous searches. Initial appointment was 4 months out
12 Feb 2016 Received NEXUS card

With recent huge wave of new applications, it has been taking longer than my 2 weeks for conditional approval. I do have valid Global Entry which may or may not make a difference.

As long as you receive your conditional approval before 25 July, you can schedule your appointments ASAP. There is a short wait to receive your physical NEXUS card after you receive your final approval. Good luck and let us know your final result.
Old Jun 23, 16, 10:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, IHG, Marriott, Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by invalyd View Post
My girlfriend applied for GE 2 weeks after I applied for Nexus. She got approval in a week, interview scheduled within a few days and already has her GE card in hand.
Meanwhile, I'm still pending review.
I am having the same frustration. I applied for NEXUS on May 16 and my wife on May 18. She was conditionally approved a week later and has her appointment.

I just called the CBSA line and the recorded message indicates the average processing time for NEXUS is eight (8) weeks!

Last edited by SnowDude; Jun 23, 16 at 10:28 am
Old Jun 23, 16, 10:23 am

I know we aren't applying for Pre-Check (directly) but this article this morning has some insight on the rush and delays to get approved. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/23/us...ity-lines.html
Old Jun 23, 16, 10:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, IHG, Marriott, Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest
Exclamation Processing time (8) eight weeks!

I just called the CBSA line and the recorded message indicates the average processing time for NEXUS is eight (8) weeks!
Old Jun 23, 16, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SnowDude View Post
Thank you for the update. Only 3 more weeks to go for many of us then . However, isn't 8 weeks the legal requirement they have? That an application must be responded to sooner than 8 weeks after submission?
Old Jun 23, 16, 10:33 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Rirruto View Post
I know we aren't applying for Pre-Check (directly) but this article this morning has some insight on the rush and delays to get approved. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/23/us...ity-lines.html
My guess is issue is on CBSA side. As we know CBP evaluates continued trusted traveler participation every day by searching various law enforcement databases, I'm guessing not much involved in terms of CBP processing our NEXUS applications as my spouse and kids have been GE members for quite some time.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman View Post
Thank you for the update. Only 3 more weeks to go for many of us then . However, isn't 8 weeks the legal requirement they have? That an application must be responded to sooner than 8 weeks after submission?
There were several data points prior to May that NEXUS was processed within 3-4 weeks even for new applicants. Something must have been happening starting in May resulting in these delays.
Old Jun 23, 16, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There were several data points prior to May that NEXUS was processed within 3-4 weeks even for new applicants. Something must have been happening starting in May resulting in these delays.
The big TSA lines, as well as a lot of people renewing passports in the USA. 9-10 years ago was the time when passports began to be required for going USA to Canada; a lot of those passports are expiring soon. Guessing some people in either (or both) situations might also be applying for NEXUS at the same time.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: