Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:46 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
One Data Point for Nexus

Our GE was approved within about 3 weeks last year; this year NEXUS approval took almost exactly the 8 weeks, form July-Sept.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:11 pm

Nexus application processing time

I've just received a conditional approval for NEXUS and tried to schedule an interview on-line. I live near Ottawa, so YOW is the logical centre to use, but the first available interview is July 12. I am (unfortunately) at YYZ quite a lot, so I tried that centre next. There are no interviews available period at YYZ.

Is this normal? Can I just drop by the YOW centre and be interviewed? Or am I going to have to wait until July 12?

Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:41 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
I've just received a conditional approval for NEXUS and tried to schedule an interview on-line. I live near Ottawa, so YOW is the logical centre to use, but the first available interview is July 12. I am (unfortunately) at YYZ quite a lot, so I tried that centre next. There are no interviews available period at YYZ.

Is this normal? Can I just drop by the YOW centre and be interviewed? Or am I going to have to wait until July 12?

Thanks
You can't just drop in, that's for sure!

You can wait until July 12th, or choose another enrollment certer. I did my interview in Seattle, and I think they aren't that busy on account of not being on the border. I was lucky to be traveling there.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain

Thanks
I had a similar issue with SEA, dates were 4-6 weeks out. I kept checking the calendar for cancelations, people tend to cancel 1-5 days out if they are going to cancel and found two appointments, one for 2/21(too soon) which was the next day and at 10:00 AM the week of the 27th. I took the one for next week. No appointments the rest of February, not a single one in March to mid April. Check frequently, you may luck out.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Try Detroit. That never looked busy when I was scheduling my appointment...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I was able to make my appt. in Detroit within a week of my conditional approval, but keep in mind that the Nexus interview site is at the foot of the Ambassador bridge near downtown, not at DTW. Also keep in mind that the Detroit Nexus site does not do iris scans, so once you get your Nexus card you'll have to go somewhere else, like YYZ, for the iris scan, although an iris scan for a Nexus card holder does not require an appt. (you can just do it on a walk-in basis - we drove from Detroit to Toronto to visit friends and stopped at YYZ and the whole process, including parking the car in short term parking, only took 30 min.).
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
I had a similar issue with SEA, dates were 4-6 weeks out. I kept checking the calendar for cancelations, people tend to cancel 1-5 days out if they are going to cancel and found two appointments, one for 2/21(too soon) which was the next day and at 10:00 AM the week of the 27th. I took the one for next week. No appointments the rest of February, not a single one in March to mid April. Check frequently, you may luck out.
That was my experience also as my first available interview date was 3+ months in the future so accepted it and then checked every day for a week or so and found another time pop up with about 10 days notice so grabbed it.

There is a Megathread in the AC forum on the topic in case OP wants to wade through it. Good luck!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
That was my experience also as my first available interview date was 3+ months in the future so accepted it and then checked every day for a week or so and found another time pop up with about 10 days notice so grabbed it.

There is a Megathread in the AC forum on the topic in case OP wants to wade through it. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. After trying for more than a week, I managed to get an interview at YOW for the end of April. I will continue trying -- maybe I can get one even sooner.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:58 am

Nexus - Much longer than anticipated - still waiting

Hi all,

I paid for and filled out my Nexus application via the GOES website... On February 27, 2012... I have been checking the GOES site daily and am still pending approval... I sent an e-mail to GOES Ombudsman, as indicated, and was told that the current wait is longer due to many applications recieved recently. A colleague, went through the internet, and paid 250$ and got her appointment within 5 business days. So in my opinion, it has nothing to do with the current demand... it has alot to do with how much you are paying.

It is going on 9 weeks, and I am still pending review.

I was really hoping to have it before going away in June, on business... it is not looking good.

Oh, well...live and learn.

Last edited by PammyBaby; Apr 23, 2012 at 11:00 am Reason: spelling error
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by PammyBaby
Hi all,

I paid for and filled out my Nexus application via the GOES website... On February 27, 2012... I have been checking the GOES site daily and am still pending approval... I sent an e-mail to GOES Ombudsman, as indicated, and was told that the current wait is longer due to many applications recieved recently. A colleague, went through the internet, and paid 250$ and got her appointment within 5 business days. So in my opinion, it has nothing to do with the current demand... it has alot to do with how much you are paying.

It is going on 9 weeks, and I am still pending review.

I was really hoping to have it before going away in June, on business... it is not looking good.

Oh, well...live and learn.
Well that's discouraging. I am already an approved Global Entry member and applied to add Nexus at the GOES site on 3/26. It's still "pending review". Ridiculous that it's taking so long.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Silver, AC, DL
NEXUS has been taking 7 to 8 weeks for the conditional approvals to come through (I applied for mine in late January, and it was 7 weeks for me).

If you get the conditional approval and can find an interview in a short time frame, you should still have no problem getting the card by June.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:00 am

You guys are either very lucky or we, Canadians are screwed big time...
I've paid the NEXUS application fee on Mar 2 and STILL am in "Pending Review" status.
Of course the maximum 8 (EIGHT!) weeks time has passed, so I've wrote an e-mail to CBP Ombudsman and have received the following answer:
"Please continue to monitor your GOES account. The CBP Trusted Traveler Program has experienced an increased volume of applications which unfortunately has caused some processing delays. CBP is actively addressing the backlog and apologizes for the delay."
I also found a phone number to call and the nice guy with Indian accent politely explained to me that there are NO MORE time estimates - all I have to do is to WAIT INDEFINITELY until the status is changed.
I'll wait patiently to see if I can reach a quarter or may be a year waiting time.
Talking about new jobs - maybe US state administration should take a look at CBP and open few new positions to get the huge backlog issue fixed?... ;-)
Old May 10, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by PeshoTeslata
You guys are either very lucky or we, Canadians are screwed big time...
I've paid the NEXUS application fee on Mar 2 and STILL am in "Pending Review" status.
Of course the maximum 8 (EIGHT!) weeks time has passed, so I've wrote an e-mail to CBP Ombudsman and have received the following answer:

I also found a phone number to call and the nice guy with Indian accent politely explained to me that there are NO MORE time estimates - all I have to do is to WAIT INDEFINITELY until the status is changed.
I'll wait patiently to see if I can reach a quarter or may be a year waiting time.
Talking about new jobs - maybe US state administration should take a look at CBP and open few new positions to get the huge backlog issue fixed?... ;-)

Call on the phone and they'll tell you more. I called before the 8 weeks were over, and the exact day it turned 8 weeks my goes account was updated saying i was approved and able to schedule an interview and that I had 30 days to schedule one. Hope it helps!
Old May 10, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by canflyergirl
Call on the phone and they'll tell you more. I called before the 8 weeks were over, and the exact day it turned 8 weeks my goes account was updated saying i was approved and able to schedule an interview and that I had 30 days to schedule one. Hope it helps!
Could you please PM me the phone number? I sent an email and got a generic cut and paste response. Been waiting 7 weeks for my NEXUS application, still says "pending review".
Old May 11, 2012, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
My GF finally got hers, basically at the 8 week mark. Seems like the new normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.