Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Applied May 11, today is Jul 8 and still pending review for initial enrollment. Perhaps dual citizenship (US/Canada) makes things longer?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:01 am

Thought I'd post my experience with my Nexus application timeline:

May 28th
Registered

July 16
Conditionally approved

July 16
Interview scheduled for October 9th @ Blaine WA

Looked for 30 minutes and found an opening at YVR on August 7th. This works perfectly since I am travelling in late August so hopefully once I'm approved the card comes in time.

On a side note, I registered my girlfriend on the same day (May 28th) --30 minutes after myself and she hasn't been conditionally approved just yet. I would expect it to come in, in the next day or two.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:08 pm

Quick update from the post above,

Kept browsing after I changed my appt and I found another cancellation, this time for July 20 (4 days from now) so I snagged that one.

So moved from October 9th to August 7th to July 20th all in a matter of a few hours

Keep checking if you're not happy with your interview date, there definitely will be cancellations.

Cheers,
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody have an idea how far booked out the appt times are at YYZ? I'm guessing I'll just be checking multiple times a day for cancellations...

I will be up in NYC around labor day for a week and was hoping to just fly up and back for the interview.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA blue
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Does anybody have an idea how far booked out the appt times are at YYZ? I'm guessing I'll just be checking multiple times a day for cancellations...

I will be up in NYC around labor day for a week and was hoping to just fly up and back for the interview.
You might be better to try DTW and rent a car and drive to the ambassador bridge. The office is under the bridge. Only thing is you cannot do Iris scan at US locations only in Canadian ones. You could also try YUL as they might be easier.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oblender
You might be better to try DTW and rent a car and drive to the ambassador bridge. The office is under the bridge. Only thing is you cannot do Iris scan at US locations only in Canadian ones. You could also try YUL as they might be easier.
If you can't do the iris scan, do you still get the nexus card and the ability to use it, or do you have to make a 2nd trip? I don't find myself near Canadian border locations often so I don't really want to do this twice. Also with 3 intl trips already booked for end of the year/start of 2015, I'd really like to get nexus squared away.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
If you can't do the iris scan, do you still get the nexus card and the ability to use it, or do you have to make a 2nd trip? I don't find myself near Canadian border locations often so I don't really want to do this twice. Also with 3 intl trips already booked for end of the year/start of 2015, I'd really like to get nexus squared away.
You can do the iris scan anytime after you get approved. If you're an approved member, you can go to any Canadian Nexus office without an appointment and request an iris scan. You only need it if you want to use the Nexus kiosk in Canadian immigration in air mode. The Americans use Global Entry, which you get as soon as your fingerprints are in the system, which will occur at your interview. The card is only for crossing via land or marine mode.

Last edited by dustman81; Jul 18, 2014 at 7:29 pm
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: Amex MR, MR PLT, AA PLT, National Executive Elite
Still Waiting

I applied for Nexus on May 30th. Today is July 21st, and I'm still "Pending Review". I didn't think mine would take that long since I haven't been a heavy traveler in the past. (i.e. there isn't much to dig into here).
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by cftenney
I applied for Nexus on May 30th. Today is July 21st, and I'm still "Pending Review". I didn't think mine would take that long since I haven't been a heavy traveler in the past. (i.e. there isn't much to dig into here).
My girlfriend applied May 28th and is still waiting to get approval as well.

Odd that I applied 30 minutes before her and got approved a week ago.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:14 pm

applied on July 12....check status a few times per day......"pending review"
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by natechuckbass
applied on July 12....check status a few times per day......"pending review"
Welcome to FT. You might want to wait a few months and then check....
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by okazon69
Welcome to FT. You might want to wait a few months and then check....
Haha miracle can happen lol
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:11 pm

Applied middle June for a replacement card, was notified today (24 July) that I've been conditionally approved; need to schedule an interview.

I'm actually surprised by the interview, since I've had nexus less than a year.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by iMedic
Applied middle June for a replacement card, was notified today (24 July) that I've been conditionally approved; need to schedule an interview.

Thanks for sharing your timeline, looks like the current processing time is around 1 month.......
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by iMedic

Same timeline as my wife.

Now that you have been conditionally approved, phone the local nexus office and find out if they will take replacement cards as a walk in with no appointment necessary. YYC office takes this approach, yesterday my wife walked into the YYC office and interview took all of 3 minutes. Note they will want a really good reason for losing the card and a dose of contrition will help the interview go smoothly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.