Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by ITFlyer15
It's now been over five months since my wife submitted her application (beginning of July) with the application still showing "pending review". My wife called today and got a very angry and unpleasant woman who refused to even look up her application, and told her "it takes as long as it takes, if it's been longer than 7 months and still showing pending, then call back."
They won't discuss it. They're massively backed up and angry and instead of considering that people actually paid for this service they should be working on the June/July backlog instead of clearing people who applied afterwards. The whole thing would be a joke if it wasn't so frustrating.

When we asked why they're continuing to process other months normally and letting the summer months continue waiting they got very angry. Either something is up with those two months or they're really THAT disorganized.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:37 am

I honestly don't understand what is wrong with June/July applications? Like everyone else I'm waiting also for more than five months. No help from CBSA at all. Unless something happened to their computers at summer time that resulted in file corruption I don't know what else could be. It is drastically wrong that we are waiting for so long while people that applied in September and October got approved already. Oh, well..
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Nayef
My friend (a recent US citizen) applied to NEXUS on the first week of October and got his conditional approval on Nov. 27.
He had his appointment yesterday (Dec. 10) at Derby Line, Vermont, and he was immediately approved. Though he has to go to Montreal to do the iris scan registration.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by george53
I honestly don't understand what is wrong with June/July applications? Like everyone else I'm waiting also for more than five months. No help from CBSA at all. Unless something happened to their computers at summer time that resulted in file corruption I don't know what else could be. It is drastically wrong that we are waiting for so long while people that applied in September and October got approved already. Oh, well..
My friend applied mid-July is also in the “still pending”. Probably not worth a call? Your two DPs show some very unpleasant agents.

Think it’s worth showing up in-person to a NEXUS office? We’re close-ish to the airport.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by mrbiggs223
US Citizen & current GE member. Applied 10/15, yesterday was 29 business days and still pending review.
Applied 10/15, conditionally approved 12/12 -- 40 business days
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:16 am

Again, nobody knows why summer files continue to be delayed while new applications are being processed. I don't think either CBSA or CBP will tell you the reason for this. The CBP website has changed timeline for NEXUS from being 3-5 months to 6 months. CBSA said the last time I spoke to them - 7 months. Regardless, I guess one thing is very certain - the wait time for summer files is going to be very long.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: NEXUS
My timeline below.
Applied: Sep 16, 2019
Interview Letter: Nov 15, 2019
Interview: Nov 19, 2019 (Vancouver Airport) got the slot from a cancellation. Else was available for March 2020 in Vancouver and had booked for Dec 31 Blaine, WA office.
Approved: Dec 2, 2019
Card Received: Dec 13, 2019
Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note

For indexing and future search purposes, recent posts whose focus was whether iris scans for NEXUS members are being replaced by facial recognition, as opposed to reporting approval processing timelines, were moved to the The NEXUS Information Thread.

TWA884
Travel SAfety/Security co-moderator
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:08 am

As there is absolutely no way to receive an update on the processing times from either CBSA or CBP, I would like to ask those people who applied for Nexus in June and July, i.e. more than 5 months ago, to post their status update once they receive conditional approval. Although processing times are different from one person to another, this will give the rest of us some indication as to when can we expect our files to be processed.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:40 am

Again, nobody knows why summer files continue to be delayed while new applications are being processed. I don't think either CBSA or CBP will tell you the reason for this. The CBP website has changed timeline for NEXUS from being 3-5 months to 6 months. CBSA said the last time I spoke to them - 7 months. Regardless, I guess one thing is very certain - the wait time for summer files is going to be very long.
Where does it say the timeline is changed? It still says 34 days as far as I can see.

And they said 7 months from which date? It has been nearly 7 months since my friend applied at this point.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by getoutofmycave
Where does it say the timeline is changed? It still says 34 days as far as I can see.

And they said 7 months from which date? It has been nearly 7 months since my friend applied at this point.
Read my post again. I said CBP site, not CBSA. As Canadian side continue to say that this delay is all because American side, then CBP information is what you should look at. Not CBSA. Look here https://help.cbp.gov/s/sidebar-top-5...language=en_US Press the button "I have submitted my Trusted Traveler application for review. Did CBP receive my application?" and read their info. This is what it says: "If your application status is "Pending Review" then your application has been received and is being processed. Please note that processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed for Global Entry and FAST within 6 months, SENTRI 12 months and NEXUS 6 months"
Since I frequent this site regularly I can attest that this timelines have changed recently. Before it said NEXUS 3-5 months. Apparently 7 months is from when you submitted an application. But that continues to increase constantly.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:08 pm

Besides, if you are looking at CBSA site it still says 39 days. I don't know where did you see 34 days. But this applies only to those who submit their applications now. Not to us, who had a misfortune to submit applications in June/July.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:28 pm

I think the issue is that I'm looking at it on mobile, which seems to be a disaster. Your link goes nowhere for me on mobile. I'll look at it on a computer when I can. Thanks for the information.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:55 pm

No update

As there is absolutely no way to receive an update on the processing times from either CBSA or CBP, I would like to ask those people who applied for Nexus in June and July, i.e. more than 5 months ago, to post their status update once they receive conditional approval. Although processing times are different from one person to another, this will give the rest of us some indication as to when can we expect our files to be processed.
Hey, I applied for my twins (5 year old) on July 14th and for myself on July 22nd, nothing so far, we live in the US, so I talked to Canadian side in late September they say that they passed 3 of us 8 weeks after we applied
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:21 pm

July 7, 2019 Still waiting

Applied July 7, 2019 for Nexus and still pending review. Fingers crossed it's soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.