Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Old Aug 18, 2013, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Townshend
This is an initial enrollment for myself.

I found out because I had a DUI arrest three years ago that an officer from the Risk Assessment Unit with the Canadian Border Services Agency called me to inquire about. Fortunately where I live a first offense is not a conviction provided there was no extenuating circumstances (bodily harm to others etc..) and you follow what the court orders against you. As such I was able to send over certified court documents proving the outcome of my case. An hour or two later I received a phone call stating I was approved and then it goes over to the "US side" which they believed is around a 6-8 week wait.

I included the above information because that is what spurred my application for NEXUS. I was aware that crossing the Canadian border with a DUI in your history somewhere could prove rather troublesome.

The officer I dealt with could not have been a nicer person and was rather helpful.

Ok. I see. Thanks for the reply.
And let us know when you get pre-approved.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by alanro
Both of the interview locations in Washington state do not have the iris scanners needed to take your photo so we can use our Nexus cards at Canadian airports. My wife and I scheduled our interviews in Vancouver at the end of December; only one slot was available in Toronto or Fort Erie during the time of our visit in early September. Slightly annoyed at having to wait so long for the interview; on the other hand, the flights to and from Vancouver will get me to 1K on United this year. :-)
You can get your interview in Washington then get your iris scan in Vancouver by walking in. You don't need an appointment in Vancouver to get the scan done. I did my interview in Detroit about 3 weeks ago. Got my. Nexus card then did the iris scans when I went to Vancouver. Walked into downtown Vancouver office and was out in 10 minutes.

Of course I couldn't use the Nexus card to get into Vancouver this time, but I am all set for the next time.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:02 am

I applied on July 09 and the status had been sitting at pending till this morning. I called the Canadian side and the lady very pleasant said the wait times are between 10 to 12 weeks these days. However she took my information to look at my application, she said to call back if i don't see a status change after 10 weeks. About 2 hours later, I got the notification email to book my appointment. wow really? lol... And the website for booking and changing appointments is a joke. I was on it for about 30 minutes and kept checking various centers. Within 30 minutes I had gone from appointments from as far back as November to my current one next week. I quickly confirmed my appointment for Niagara Falls whirlpool center for august 26th. Wow so yea that's my timeline right there. will be about 7 weeks exactly..maybe 8 when the card arrives. This was a new application. Cheers everyone!
Old Aug 20, 2013, 3:16 pm

Hi again digag!
Out of curiosity, where did you call exactly (what number)?
And the lady wasn't annoyed that you called after only 6 weeks to inquire about the length of a process that can take up to 12 weeks?
Because I was thinking of calling, but I didn't want to irritate them; those are the last people I want to upset!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:31 am

Hey Nataxa68, nope she was very pleasant like i said. I only said its been six weeks and I was just wondering if everything was ok with the application since they had said it would take about 6-8 weeks for the entire process. And she said its 10-12 now but would still look at my application if i wanted her to. so i said yep ...and gave her the details. No I doubt they will be irritated. I called the number on the cbsa website for general information here is the link http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html
Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:59 am

My new card arrived last week; per instructions I went to the GOES home page (no login required) and used the activation button to complete the process.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
I was conditionally approved this morning. My interview is in Detroit on 9/19.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:40 pm

Hmm...

Justen: submitted July 5th, approved August 20th
Digag: submitted July 9th, conditionally approved August 20th
Townshend: submitted July 10th, conditionally approved August 22nd

I'm starting to feel left out!!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by nataxa68
Hmm...

Justen: submitted July 5th, approved August 20th
Digag: submitted July 9th, conditionally approved August 20th
Townshend: submitted July 10th, conditionally approved August 22nd

I'm starting to feel left out!!
Hang in there, I'd imagine you're only a few days out.

Also I upped my interview to Sept 3 at the Port Huron office. Anyone know if there's anything to see/do while I'm there? Was planning on driving up from Chicago and driving back.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:17 pm

i am all done. did my interview today at whirlpool and it was very pleasant. so happy im done with with this...till the next 5 years. my status already updated as approved with the approval letter.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 9:54 pm
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Submitted July 7th, yet to get approval.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:30 am
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Got Conditionally Approved today!

Interview scheduled for 9/21 in YHZ.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
6/14 application
8/14 conditional letter
10/31 first interview availability. Over 4 mos. for the process?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: AS MVP
Adding another data point...

08/03 Application
09/03 Conditional Approval ^

First availability around the pacific NW area is around end of the year for all locations, will continue to check back for cancellations and openings. Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:20 pm

Applied July 31, 2013
Approved August 30, 2013
First available interview was in buffalo in December. I took that but kept checking and found one for September 19 in Toronto. Changed to that one. Today I found one for September 16 in buffalo but kept the Toronto one. The next available date in Toronto is January 2014

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.