Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:19 pm

Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Did my interview yesterday. I actually arrived a couple of hours ahead of schedule (took the last appointment in case I ran into traffic). There was no one waiting in the office, so they took me right away.

It took as long to watch the video as it did to do the interview.

I had the approval email by the time I got back to my car.

Looking forward to using Pre later this month.

Application submitted: 5/20/13
Conditional acceptance: 7/30/13
Approval: 8/10/13
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
I applied on June 10th, and received conditional approval this morning. My interview is currently scheduled for 9/1 at Toronto Pearson, but I may change that when my wife also receives her conditional approval; she applied 10 minutes after me and has not yet received any notification.

Both of us already have GE memberships and are US citizens.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: DL FO, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, National EE
Waiting since 6/17 here.

Sounds like they are finally getting into the mid-june applications. Hope that our applications come soon.

An extra trip to Niagara Falls would be preferred when it's still nice out.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
I applied around July 10th and heard I was approved by the Canadian side a few days ago. Waiting to hear back from the US side which is another 6-8 weeks from what I was told?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by dragonian
Waiting since 6/17 here.

Sounds like they are finally getting into the mid-june applications. Hope that our applications come soon.

An extra trip to Niagara Falls would be preferred when it's still nice out.

That would be good news (if they're getting into the mid-june applications).
Maybe the backlog is getting smaller?
Let us know when you get pre-approved.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Townshend
I applied around July 10th and heard I was approved by the Canadian side a few days ago. Waiting to hear back from the US side which is another 6-8 weeks from what I was told?
Hi Townshend!
Was it an "initial enrollment" for you, or a renewal?
I'm asking because maybe we will follow the same course of events: my whole family (2 adults, 2 kids) applied on July 9th, much like you. Of course, we are all still "Pending Review".

When you say that you heard you were "approved by the Canadian side a few days ago", how did you find out? Through the GOES website?

If Nexus is indeed getting at the mid-june applications (see dragonian's previous post), we might get something within the next few weeks!

Anyway, keep us posted!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:52 pm

Applied in July.
Aug 13 -6 weeks for conditional approval.
Nov 20 - First appt YYZ
Sep 19 - Booked Erie
Found cancellation for YYZ
Aug 16 booked appt
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by TST550
I applied for Nexus in late may and my status is still "pending review"! Does anyone have any idea why it has taken so long? Also is there a way to contact them and inquire about my application? I couldnt find any contact info on the website.
Be patient. Then book whichever is close to you and check back everyday for cancellations.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by nataxa68
If Nexus is indeed getting at the mid-june applications (see dragonian's previous post), we might get something within the next few weeks!
I don't really know.. I just theorized, since a couple of people mentioned applications from june 10th being processed..
That being said, mine and my girlfriend's are still pending review.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:18 am

.. and this morning both my girlfriend and I got emails with conditional acceptance.

6/17 -> 8/15 (9 weeks)
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by dragonian
.. and this morning both my girlfriend and I got emails with conditional acceptance.

6/17 -> 8/15 (9 weeks)
Well, congratulations! Good theorizing! We'll see what Townshend has to say, to confirm of infirm your theory!

So we do get emails when we get "conditional acceptance"... there is absolutely no need to checks the website every now and then?

In what city do you live? To which NEXUS Enrollment Center are you planning to go? What are the delays there?

Nat.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:40 am

Well, congratulations! Good theorizing! We'll see what Townshend has to say, to confirm of infirm your theory!

So we do get emails when we get "conditional acceptance"... there is absolutely no need to checks the website every now and then?

In what city do you live? To which NEXUS Enrollment Center are you planning to go? What are the delays there?

Nat.
The email that you get mentions that there is a status message. It does not say acceptance or not. You have to login to the site to check.
I would say that it's not necessary to login repeatedly, the email will indicate when you'd want to check.

We are in upstate NY, Rochester. We will either go to the Niagara Falls or the Fort Erie centers. I looked briefly, and there was availability either end of august, or end of sept at one or the other.

I haven't yet made an appointment, we'll have to look at our calendar to see when we can both get in at the same time, and which center works out best.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Both of the interview locations in Washington state do not have the iris scanners needed to take your photo so we can use our Nexus cards at Canadian airports. My wife and I scheduled our interviews in Vancouver at the end of December; only one slot was available in Toronto or Fort Erie during the time of our visit in early September. Slightly annoyed at having to wait so long for the interview; on the other hand, the flights to and from Vancouver will get me to 1K on United this year. :-)
Old Aug 18, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Hi Townshend!
Was it an "initial enrollment" for you, or a renewal?
I'm asking because maybe we will follow the same course of events: my whole family (2 adults, 2 kids) applied on July 9th, much like you. Of course, we are all still "Pending Review".

When you say that you heard you were "approved by the Canadian side a few days ago", how did you find out? Through the GOES website?

Anyway, keep us posted!
This is an initial enrollment for myself.

I found out because I had a DUI arrest three years ago that an officer from the Risk Assessment Unit with the Canadian Border Services Agency called me to inquire about. Fortunately where I live a first offense is not a conviction provided there was no extenuating circumstances (bodily harm to others etc..) and you follow what the court orders against you. As such I was able to send over certified court documents proving the outcome of my case. An hour or two later I received a phone call stating I was approved and then it goes over to the "US side" which they believed is around a 6-8 week wait.

I included the above information because that is what spurred my application for NEXUS. I was aware that crossing the Canadian border with a DUI in your history somewhere could prove rather troublesome.

The officer I dealt with could not have been a nicer person and was rather helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.