Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - Name Change after Marriage/Divorce

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry - Name Change after Marriage/Divorce

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Welcome to FlyerTalk @italianprincess079!

Was the ticket issued in your old or new name?

You may find useful information in the following threads:
the ticket was issued in my new married name
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Action

Originally Posted by italianprincess079
the ticket was issued in my new married name
I'll go ahead and merge your question into the relevant thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone renewed GE using old name?

I am using my old passport (changed to married name everywhere else) but realized my GE is due to expire.

Any chance I can renew it in my maiden name since my passport still shows that name?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chitink
I am using my old passport (changed to married name everywhere else) but realized my GE is due to expire.

Any chance I can renew it in my maiden name since my passport still shows that name?
I would think it's easiest for everything to "match". I don't believe passport renewals are impacted by the current shutdown.
That being said... what are you booking flights in today and using for ID? I just changed my name at SS, my GE / pre-check is in my maiden name, and I have flights through August in my maiden name. Trying to figure out the best way to time all of this name change stuff since I've read that getting the name change to feed from GE to PRE is the piece that is the hardest and can take a few months and PRE is what I am utilizing most frequently. I fly nearly weekly for work so not having PRE would leave me tearing my hair out! To throw a wrench into this, I also need an updated ID with my married name since my health insurance was updated to my new name and I need to show my license when picking up one of my monthly prescriptions... so I am sitting here at a loss for how to handle.
Does anyone know the cleanest way to handle all of this without losing benefits? Could I apply for PRE in my married name as a stop gap solution?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:46 am

How to resolve name "matching" issues in Global Entry Application for Green Card hold

[Asking for friends who don't belong to FT.]

The woman in question has been a Lawful Permanent Resident for ten years. When she got married to a US citizen, she took his last name on the Green Card. However, she retained her maiden name on her foreign passport.

In trying to apply for Global Entry yesterday, it kept coming back with the "does not match the profile" message. Trying to email DHS from their website results in a reply that it will take 15 business days (i.e. three weeks) to hear from them. Calling the phone number they listed results in a message that no one is available and to try again later.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there a solution?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Action

Hello @Aileron,

A similar issue has been experienced by the OP of the thread into which I have merged your question.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old May 29, 2019, 12:01 pm

My wife and I are in a similar boat. Her GE is under her maiden name (which matched her passport at the time of enrollment) - she's now up for GE renewal and in the last 5 years she had to change her passport (due to expiry) to her married name. Obviously when we renew we'll need everything to match and be aligned with her married name. I've spent about 2 weeks now trying to get someone on the phone at the local enrollment center (PHL) or at the Customs/Border Patrol TTP help call center - but have not been able to actually speak with someone. It's kind of fascinating.

I've read a few blog posts that said we can just drop down unannounced (without an interview) to the Enrollment Center at PHL and they can quickly make the name adjustment - but others have suggested that it may not be that simple. We live in the city so getting down to the airport is a bit of a pain just to be turned away - but not really sure what other options we have at this point? Who else can we talk to? Do we just risk it and head down to airport and hope? Why is this one of the most difficult things on the planet...?
Old May 29, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by PHLondoner
I've read a few blog posts that said we can just drop down unannounced (without an interview) to the Enrollment Center at PHL and they can quickly make the name adjustment - but others have suggested that it may not be that simple.
It wasn't a name change, however, my wife had trouble updating her passport information via the TTP website. She stopped at the LAX Enrollment Center without an appointment and they took care of inputting her new passport information in the system PDQ.
mnbp likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:41 am

It wasn't a name change, however, my wife had trouble updating her passport information via the TTP website. She stopped at the LAX Enrollment Center without an appointment and they took care of inputting her new passport information in the system PDQ.
Thanks, it's been so long since I had to head down for an interview - the centers are typically arrival side correct? Like, we don't need to have a boarding pass/be flying airside to access the facility?
Old May 30, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by PHLondoner
Thanks, it's been so long since I had to head down for an interview - the centers are typically arrival side correct? Like, we don't need to have a boarding pass/be flying airside to access the facility?
With very few exceptions, the Global Entry Enrollment Centers are not located in the secure airside areas.

The PHL Enrollment Center is located on the 3rd floor of Terminal A West. It's open seven days a week from 10:00am to 6:00pm. Phones: 215-863-4203 and 215-863-4287.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:28 am

With very few exceptions, the Global Entry Enrollment Centers are not located in the secure airside areas.

The PHL Enrollment Center is located on the 3rd floor of Terminal A West. It's open seven days a week from 10:00am to 6:00pm. Phones: 215-863-4203 and 215-863-4287.
Great thanks. Yeah i've tried calling. For anyone else with issues at PHL, the first number (4203) is disconnected and the second number I've tried calling maybe 10 times a day for the last 2 weeks...and no one has picked up. They have an audix voice messaging service that eventually comes on - I've left multiple VM's and have not received a call back. Not sure what's going on but it's risible.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:54 pm

I'm sorry if it's been answered already, but I need some clarification.
My Green Card is in my maiden name and my Passport is in the married name. I hold foreign passport. My passport shows both married name (which the immigration officer scans upon entry, this one must show/match with the airline ticket) and the maiden name (which is annexed to the married name, not picked up by the scanner, this does not really have to be on the ticket). I have no intention of changing my name on the Green Card. My passport will show both married/maiden name indefinitely.
So, which name must go on to the Global Entry application? The married name in the passport, or the Green card? Can this be discussed at the interview? Much appreciated!!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by msiamsia
I'm sorry if it's been answered already, but I need some clarification.
My Green Card is in my maiden name and my Passport is in the married name. I hold foreign passport. My passport shows both married name (which the immigration officer scans upon entry, this one must show/match with the airline ticket) and the maiden name (which is annexed to the married name, not picked up by the scanner, this does not really have to be on the ticket). I have no intention of changing my name on the Green Card. My passport will show both married/maiden name indefinitely.
So, which name must go on to the Global Entry application? The married name in the passport, or the Green card? Can this be discussed at the interview? Much appreciated!!
See Post#12 above. I would apply under your married name since that is your legal name now, and add your maiden name under the other names used in the application. Bring your marriage certificate or other documentation to the interview that show the linkage between your green card name and your passport name as if you're traveling on them per

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...atch-documents

I'd say the clearest way would be to update your green card to match your current legal name, but since there doesn't seem to be a requirement to do so and it's $450 for a reissue, I can see why you wouldn't want to do that.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:28 pm

Thank you sooo much!!! Yeah, I just renewed my Green Card, so naming issue is off for another 10 years.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by msiamsia
Thank you sooo much!!! Yeah, I just renewed my Green Card, so naming issue is off for another 10 years.
You are most welcome! Good luck and do let us know how it turns out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.