Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Updating Driver's License Information for Global Entry

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]

Have updated driver's license information (expiration date) that I need to input into the GOES site for Global Entry, but when I click "Update Documents," it only gives me the option of updating Passport information. Is this something you have to do at a Global Entry processing center? The Global Entry pamphlet seems to indicate you can do this online.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by slippahs
Have updated driver's license information (expiration date) that I need to input into the GOES site for Global Entry, but when I click "Update Documents," it only gives me the option of updating Passport information. Is this something you have to do at a Global Entry processing center? The Global Entry pamphlet seems to indicate you can do this online.
Try calling the GE site where you interviewed. During my interview, they said they can update a new DL expiration date over the phone.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
I was looking to ask the same thing. I'll try a phone update this week.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
You live in Chicago. Simplest is next time you fly out of ORD, go early and head to the GE office, and ask them to enter your updated DL. Takes seconds.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Is it even necessary? I thought the DL was used simply to prove your identity at the interview (i.e., one of the documents). Once you're into the program, what does your DL# matter?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
DL matters, for whatever reason, for driving over the 2 land borders.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dicoverist
Any recent experiences? I need to update my DL expiration date and it is currently not an option online. Can it be called in or do you need to go to an enrollment center?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by rkb2530
Any recent experiences? I need to update my DL expiration date and it is currently not an option online. Can it be called in or do you need to go to an enrollment center?
I was told you could not do this over the phone because they need to verify it on the new driver's license. Was passing through SEA, dropped in without an appointment, and everything was updated in less than 5 minutes (no wait).
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:09 pm

Renew Driver's License before Global Entry Interview

I just tonight applied for Global Entry. I obviously submitted my current driver's license issuance and expiration dates, but it is going to expire shortly and I may need to renew before my appointment, which would mean the license I bring to my interview has different dates than on my application. I just checked, and it doesn't look like you can change that information online at this point in the process. Any idea if this can cause a problem?

(Also, any idea of general availability of interviews at ORD? I am traveling in mid-June. I actually am traveling to Canada, but am only planning to use the Precheck benefit, as I am traveling with my child and didn't apply on his behalf. I actually don't know when I would even be able to benefit from Global Entry, but as it was only an extra $15, decided to do it anyway.)
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Does GE also need to be updated if you get a State ID? They're not a DL, but I'm not sure whether they care about the ID aspect, the driving aspect (or both). I suspect they want to track you're driving, but I'd rather play it safe.

(I had neither State ID nor DL when applying for GE, since I'd just arrived in the country. 3 months later the DMV finally sent me my ID, and I'm not sure whether I need to bring it along to a GE enrollment center, I can easily do that tomorrow or on Saturday when I'm travelling anyways.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.