Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Mine doesn't expire till September 2019, and for some reason I thought of the renewal in November and started the process.

The renewal was approved on December 7 and thankfully I don't need to drive 80+ miles for a 5 minute interview. Appears they're mailing me a new card and I'll just need to activate it.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Mine doesn't expire till September 2019, and for some reason I thought of the renewal in November and started the process.

The renewal was approved on December 7 and thankfully I don't need to drive 80+ miles for a 5 minute interview. Appears they're mailing me a new card and I'll just need to activate it.
Good for you; renewing early. FYI, you can renew as early as T-364.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:58 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I've been in GE for nearly 10 years, I started my (second renewal) T-364; it's 3 weeks now still showing "pending"--from my previous renewal NOTHING has changed [address, employment, countries visited], I would have assumed "pending" would now be "approved".
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: CBP
The backlog in Vermont is higher than ever.

Our local information office is constantly getting calls from people in similar situations. Or people show up kind of angered that it's been 6 weeks without any change.

I usually tell people 3 weeks to hear something. That doesn't seem to be the norm anymore.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by nrr
I've been in GE for nearly 10 years, I started my (second renewal) T-364; it's 3 weeks now still showing "pending"--from my previous renewal NOTHING has changed [address, employment, countries visited], I would have assumed "pending" would now be "approved".
It seems that while some are approved in a matter of days, if you don't fall into that camp it typically takes six to eight weeks. I applied for renewal on 11/26 and since I wasn't approved within the first few days I don't anticipate approval (or conditional approval) until mid to late January.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: United, American, Delta, SWA
Originally Posted by wileyhodges
Joining the chorus of complaints. I had GE and never saw the expiration warnings. Had an unpleasant surprise re-entering the US from China in October.

- Applied for renewal on 10/18
- Payment cleared on 10/18

Still waiting for an answer today (December 4).
Approved today (12/14) for a total of 57 days elapsed. No interview required.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by wileyhodges

Approved today (12/14) for a total of 57 days elapsed. No interview required.
oh man, hope this means I'm getting close (applied 10/23)

would love to not have to interview as well
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:34 pm

Applied for renewal 12/4.
Approved 12/9.
No interview.
Received new card today (12/17).

I was shocked to get the card. I have received zero emails, either about my pending expiration (I only logged in because I got a new passport and though to update my info) or about my change in status. I had an old GOES account that I updated to the new system last summer so I don't know what the deal is, but I'm happy it was so easy to renew.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:57 am

GE Expired: 9/14
Applied and paid for Renewal: 10/23
Conditionally Approved: 12/18
Interview Scheduled: 12/22
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:43 pm

I applied for renewal on November 1, 2018. I had hoped that this date would have given me time to have my renewal interview while I was in the US. I received my Conditional Approval notification on December 1. Unfortunately, I already returned abroad.

The example letter and blogs suggest that the Conditional Approval letter mentions that the interview must be scheduled within 30 days of receipt of this Conditional Approval Letter. I did not see any such letter, but there is a notification. The notification and TTP FAQ says
You will need to complete enrollment within 365 days of the date of conditional approval.
I have no firm plans to go to the US yet. I guess to be safe, I will schedule a dummy interview in November 2019 and try to do it on arrival, if possible, or do it I ever pass through Doha before returning to the US instead.

*edit Appointments do not go out past March 2019, but it seems to say that 365 days is the updated norm for the interview.

Last edited by future elite; Dec 20, 2018 at 12:48 pm Reason: Something I suggested doing was not successful
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by future elite
...or do it I ever pass through Doha before returning to the US instead.
Doha is not an Enrollment on Arrival location.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TWA884
Doha has a Global Entry enrollment center and the enrollment can be done on arrival in DOH on the way to the US or even on the way to other places if having enough time to access the enrollment center.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-se/global-entry.html

Global Entry - Doha Enrollment Office

DOH works for renewals too, or at least it used to work.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 20, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Doha has a Global Entry enrollment center and the enrollment can be done on arrival in DOH on the way to the US or even on the way to other places if having enough time to access the enrollment center.
I just looked at the CBP site. The OP should be aware that the Doha enrollment center has very limited hours of operation:
10:30 AM - 12:10 PM, Monday and Tuesday
09:30 AM - 10:40 AM, Saturday and Sunday
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TWA884
I just looked at the CBP site. The OP should be aware that the Doha enrollment center has very limited hours of operation:
It has limited hours indeed but it’s been doing this enrollment/renewal on more days and hours than has ever been listed there. Don’t ask me why the CBP site has not been fully representative of what has gone on at DOH, I just know it has been anything but fully representative of all the days/hours when that enrollment center has been doing the enrollment/renewal interviews.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by marcdc
GE Expired: 9/14
Applied and paid for Renewal: 10/23
Conditionally Approved: 12/18
Interview Scheduled: 12/22
OF COURSE THIS HAPPENS!! After two months of waiting and having my renewal interview scheduled for today, I get the following email:

“Due to Government shutdown, the JFK Global Entry Enrollment Center is CLOSED. You may go online and reschedule your appointment once the Government Shutdown has ended.

Please note, the Enrollment Center will also be closed on Christmas Eve.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL”

Rescheduled for the first weekend after New Years hoping it’ll be good by then. Classic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.