Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by 747FC
You should call in about the passport. I think they need to scan it.
There is no need to go to an enrollment center to update passport information; it can be done on the TTP website.
Updating passports or making changes to your TTP account

As a Trusted Traveler, you may update your passport and driver’s license through your TTP account at https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/, so long as you are renewing an existing passport and are not incorporating a name change in the updated passport or it is new document not previously associated with your account.

Once logged into your account, click on “Update Documents” on right hand side of your Dashboard. Follow the prompts to update your document. Once updated no further action is needed.

If the passport involves a name change, issuing authority change, or is a new document not previously associated with your account, then you will need to visit an Enrollment Center. No appointment is needed, but please contact your local Enrollment Center first.
Moderator's note:

Please continue the discussion of this subject in the Global Entry - New Passport thread.

Thank you.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Finally Approved!!

Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
Applied: 8/24
Still Pending: 8 Weeks so far

Ugh!
Approved on 11/1. A little over 10 weeks.

I reached out to CBP on 10/31 via email, 11/1 approved, and 11/2 received email.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta
I applied for renewal on Oct 4th, and 4 weeks later still pending. Not sure what takes them this long. Some seem to get it in 2 weeks and some in 10 weeks. Just for renewal, when they already have all the information needed and have been a member for 5 years with global entry!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
My partner and I both renewed in October. His new card arrived today, 10 days after application. Mine also took about 10 days. Neither of us received an email stating that the renewal had been approved. Our only notification was receipt of the new card.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:13 pm

Just another data point here from my mother who recently applied for renewal:

Application Submitted: Monday, October 22, 2018.
Application Approved: Tuesday, October 23, 2018.
New Card Arrived: Monday, October 29, 2018.
No interview required.
Processed by the Philadelphia International Airport station (from the letterhead listed on her online approval letter).

I was shocked at how fast her renewal was approved. She forgot that her membership was going to expire on November 2, 2018 and we both thought that there was going to be a gap in her coverage since she applied for renewal so late.

I should also note that she never received an email confirming her application submission or that her application was approved. The new card arrived at her house a week after she applied, which is how we knew that she had been approved for renewal.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TarcanusFrostbourne
I was shocked at how fast her renewal was approved. She forgot that her membership was going to expire on November 2, 2018 and we both thought that there was going to be a gap in her coverage since she applied for renewal so late.
I'm glad that she remembered to apply for the renewal before the expiration date. That prevented a gap in her GE membership.

However, so long as the renewal application was made prior to the expiration date, she would have benefited from the six months rule:
When will my TTP membership expire and how soon can I renew my membership?
If you submit a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date).

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:35 am

could you share the CBP email address you used to check on your application. thanks
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
My Global Entry expires next October.
My passport also expires next October.

Is there anything wrong with renewing GE now, even though my passport will expire and I'll get a new one?

I have a trip to China in a few weeks and plan to renew my passport after that. I'll still need to hang onto the old passport, since it has a Chinese visa with 7 more years of use.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
My Global Entry expires next October.
My passport also expires next October.

Is there anything wrong with renewing GE now, even though my passport will expire and I'll get a new one?

I have a trip to China in a few weeks and plan to renew my passport after that. I'll still need to hang onto the old passport, since it has a Chinese visa with 7 more years of use.
Just renew the Global Entry now. The new expiration date will be five years from the current expiration date. You will continue to enjoy your Global Entry benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after the current expiration date). When you get your new passport, update the passport information in the TTP site:
Updating passports or making changes to your TTP account

Once logged into your account, click on “Update Documents” on right hand side of your Dashboard. Follow the prompts to update your document. Once updated no further action is needed.
There is also information in the following thread:
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by TWA884
Just renew the Global Entry now. The new expiration date will be five years from the current expiration date. You will continue to enjoy your Global Entry benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after the current expiration date). When you get your new passport, update the passport information in the TTP site:
There is also information in the following thread:
Thanks for the quick reply! I submitted my online renewal. There's no rush, I have 11 months until it expires....but didn't want to forget about it.
I was a bit surprised when I put together my list of countries visited since 2013...14 (not including Canada or Mexico). Thankfully I use TripIt and was able to just scroll through my history so I didn't forget any.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
Thanks for the quick reply! I submitted my online renewal.
I renewed my GE online this summer, about 10 months early. It was approved in three business days without an interview. The new card arrived less than a week later.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: 1K
I applied for renewal on 10/9 it expired 10/14. When I went through global entry on 10/7 the machine let me know it was expiring in 7 days. Still waiting for approval. I saw above that you can continue to use global entry for up to 6 months during the application process. I read someone asking if that applied to precheck as well? I fly on Sunday and was hoping I could still use it. Anyone have any luck or know the answer to this? I'll plan ahead with extra time.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
I'm glad that she remembered to apply for the renewal before the expiration date. That prevented a gap in her GE membership.

However, so long as the renewal application was made prior to the expiration date, she would have benefited from the six months rule:
I did not know that! Thanks for the information.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Anyone have experience renewing Global Entry when you have NEXUS?
I got my Global Entry in 2013, and then NEXUS in 2015. I got the notification at the kiosk today that my Global Entry is expiring in 11 days. In my trusted traveler program online profile, it is only showing NEXUS with an expiration of 2020 and cannot renew until next year. The "Add a Trusted Traveler Program" button is grayed out. Will my Global Entry just somehow roll into my NEXUS?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by awu25
Anyone have experience renewing Global Entry when you have NEXUS?
I got my Global Entry in 2013, and then NEXUS in 2015. I got the notification at the kiosk today that my Global Entry is expiring in 11 days. In my trusted traveler program online profile, it is only showing NEXUS with an expiration of 2020 and cannot renew until next year. The "Add a Trusted Traveler Program" button is grayed out. Will my Global Entry just somehow roll into my NEXUS?
Do not renew your Global Entry membership.

NEXUS includes Global Entry benefits. Renewing your GE membership will deactivate your NEXUS card. Take a look at this thread:
The kiosk expiration notice is a known bug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.