Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
So be it; but you would think that they would be able to get to that stage pretty quickly if some sort of flag is evident. I am certain they are not sitting there, in wherever "there" is, poring over every single aspect of my life, nor would they be able to. My pattern of entry to the US is consistent, never been in trouble in any country, UKBF code came back within 24 hours (whatever that contains or links to for CBP), and if there is something amiss I would have thought they would pick it up quickly. As I say I don't mind if I have to schedule an interview but they seem to take a long time to get to that stage which is odd. Perhaps it is peak season for renewals/applications and the wait time is longer than normal. Anyway, it is what it is.
There is a lot more batch order processing going on with bottlenecks coming from that too. For what it's worth or not, even some GE renewal applicants with a US NSC work history have been having their renewal applications stuck in "review pending" for over a month. So your delay may not be caused by you, and it's probably not the UK that is holding things up for your renewal as much as it's that the US has slowed down things overall when it comes to GE renewal applications. If your pending review status exceeds 8-10 weeks after renewal application payment date, then it's way more likely there is something else slowing things down than just the routines for people who end up getting conditional approval without doing anything more. And if you're in the 5-10 weeks range before getting approval of a sort after application payment, the chances of being required to go in for "the interview" are way higher than for those who are getting out of pending review status with approval of sort within less than 3 weeks from renewal application payment date. So just anticipate "the interview", although maybe you get lucky and don't have to do it.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
The good news is that it seems that I get a 6 month grace period after expiration so at least I have that cushion.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:53 am

Location: Near Chicago and Under the MDW and ORD Flight Paths, IL, USA
Programs: UA recovering Premier
Renewed online less than a week after GE expired (oops). Renewal was submitted August 22 and I'm still waiting. Minimal EU travel, job change in last 18 months, otherwise, nothing of note. US citizen. Have to wonder if they do a local criminal background check and Cook County is dragging their feet (took extra long for the background check to come back when I changed jobs). It's a real pain because I'm in the middle of the most travel I've had in a couple years and I lost PreCheck.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Still Pending - 6 Weeks?

Applied: 8/24
Still Pending: 6 Weeks so far

My GE doesn't expire till April 2019 but seems like this is taking a long time. Is this normal? Is there a way to follow up on status?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
Applied: 8/24
Still Pending: 6 Weeks so far

My GE doesn't expire till April 2019 but seems like this is taking a long time. Is this normal? Is there a way to follow up on status?
It’s with the current range of normal, more so if you’ll have to do the “interview” again to get beyond “conditional approval” for the renewal.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: USA UAL DAL
Conditional Approval wait time example

FYI spouse and I both applied for renewal 8/31, both "pending" as of 10/6...changed home address but no other changes. Will stay tuned, but 5-6 weeks seems like a common wait time from posts here.

Edit/update - 10/8 spouse now conditionally approved and I am still pending.

Edit 2/update - 10/9 both conditionally approved; 10/11 both interviews scheduled

Last edited by babystepper; Oct 11, 2018 at 9:14 am Reason: Update
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:48 am

Got the eamil.

Originally Posted by chipset
I started the renewal on Aug 29. Still haven't received word. Will update when i get word back.
I just got the email in my spam folder. Conditionally approved. So 1 month 9 days, or so. And my actual application date was Aug 31.

I also had a change of address, but no other changes.

Last edited by chipset; Oct 8, 2018 at 10:49 am Reason: adding details
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:36 am
Suspended

I would be curious to know the reasons for requiring an interview vs. not.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by p1cunnin
Renewed online less than a week after GE expired (oops). Renewal was submitted August 22 and I'm still waiting. Minimal EU travel, job change in last 18 months, otherwise, nothing of note. US citizen. Have to wonder if they do a local criminal background check and Cook County is dragging their feet (took extra long for the background check to come back when I changed jobs). It's a real pain because I'm in the middle of the most travel I've had in a couple years and I lost PreCheck.
I'm with you here, @p1cunnin. I also renewed shortly after expiration. No address changes but hefty international travel (including some countries that may be flagging something). Regardless, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Keep us posted!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by kapooncha
I would be curious to know the reasons for requiring an interview vs. not.
As I mentioned upthread, my first renewal there was no interview, this renewal I had a cursory interview in that it just involved photo for card. Officer told me it was solely to do the photo as my other was ten years old. YMMV.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:26 am

Applied for renewal September 02, approved October 9th, no interview needed.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: Currently status deprived
My Global Entry expired in May 2018. I didn't notice until getting ready to leave for my next international trip in August. Applied for renewal and paid on August 28. Received conditional approval on October 6 (yes, a Saturday). I scheduled an interview for November 6, but my company has an office just a few blocks from the Reagan building. I was there today and had a meeting cancelled so I walked over. Signed in as a walk-in at 2:59pm and I was called back by 3:20pm. Quick cursory interview (3 questions: Any customs or agriculture violations? Ever been arrested? Any other issues with Global Entry?), new prints, new picture, 'You're all set'.

My SO had an even easier experience. Her's doesn't expire until November - she applied for renewal September 17th, approved with no interview needed on September 20th and received her card the next day.

The guy ahead of me today at Reagan building got denied for two prior arrests in 2003 and 2005. I know this because he loudly told his mother and everybody else in the waiting room.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:14 pm

Mine expires August 2019. I applied for a renewal September 5th (~3 weeks after the renewal window opened up), still in the "waiting for conditional approval" stage. I was hoping to knock out the interview this month as I'll be in the airport a few times, but seems I'm out of luck. I've changed addresses twice since my last application and visited a few more countries of course, but otherwise everything is the same. I remember it being much quicker the first time around! The hold up sort of worries me.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:48 pm

Conditionally approved; snagged a next-day interview. Wish me luck!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

For indexing and future search purposes, a recent question about Global Entry denial after being told in the enrollment interview that it was approved was moved into thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.