Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:45 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
Yes, I do have a NEXUS app pending (awaiting interview). Is that preventing me from seeing the Global Entry renewal? (If so, if I cancel NEXUS app, while the renewal button re-appear for Global Entry - which is more important to me?)
I strongly suspect that for the continuation of the GE benefits, the NEXUS application is treated the same as an application to renew your Global Entry membership.

If I am correct, you should continue to receive the program benefits pending the approval of your NEXUS application for up to six months after your present GE expiration date .

From the CBP website:
When will my membership expire and how soon can I renew my membership?

If you submit a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date).
I have submitted my Trusted Traveler application for review. Did CBP receive my application?

The vetting process cannot be expedited. If you submitted a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date).
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:18 am
Suspended

Finally received approval on my application. And didn't even have to do an interview (FYI, I was doing an extension of my existing membership for another 5 years). Sweet, I'll take that!!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by kapooncha
Finally received approval on my application. And didn't even have to do an interview (FYI, I was doing an extension of my existing membership for another 5 years). Sweet, I'll take that!!
Hello @kapooncha,

Since your posts discuss the timeline of the approval of your Global Entry renewal application, I moved them from the thread discussing the processing times of initial applications to the relevant one.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Applied on 8/7. Submitted complaint on 8/27. Still pending.
And given the statement above about approval on September 18th, that makes it about 6 weeks from renewal application to getting approved.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:18 pm

Moderator's Action

For indexing and future search purposes, posts discussing the Los Angeles NEXUS mobile enrollment session were moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:54 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Applied for renewal on 17 June. As of today (24 September) still "waiting for conditional approval".
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: SPG,HILTON
Just submitted GE App for Renewal - Any idea renewal timeframe in NY?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:40 am
Suspended

It took me about 6 weeks but I had to file a complaint after 3 weeks.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Prince_
Just submitted GE App for Renewal - Any idea renewal timeframe in NY?
Nowadays, renewal applicants’ pending review status remains for a handful of weeks on average — way longer than initial applications used to take to reach conditional approval average. Mostly the renewal’s pending review status seems to last for close to 4-7 weeks even for those who were conditionally approved on initial applications within less than 48 hours of initial applications.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Conviction

When renewing global entry does it ask about convictions since your initial application, or in the case of UK residents does it require an updated UK border force background check?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by driveswith
When renewing global entry does it ask about convictions since your initial application, or in the case of UK residents does it require an updated UK border force background check?
Yes to the former, don't know as to the latter.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I applied for renewal some weeks ago and am in Pending Review status, but this is what the UKBF email said about my code: It's not transferable and doesn't expire. Perhaps it is forever associated with me and "stuff" updates behind the scenes. Not sure what data is pulled from UKBF by the GE renewal process or how it does it, but apart from that I have a good grasp on it!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by TWA884
Yes to the former, don't know as to the latter.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I applied for renewal some weeks ago and am in Pending Review status, but this is what the UKBF email said about my code: It's not transferable and doesn't expire. Perhaps it is forever associated with me and "stuff" updates behind the scenes. Not sure what data is pulled from UKBF by the GE renewal process or how it does it, but apart from that I have a good grasp on it!
Very interesting, I see that now on the email I had from them when I did my check. So you didn't apply to UKBF For a new code this time? I think you're correct, they either get automatic updates or are able to check for updates as necessary using the code supplied.

If automatic, I could get kicked off even before my renewal date.

Did they ask you about arrests/convictions since your last application like TWA884 or not (perhaps because they check for updates from UKBF?).
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Thank you.

Very interesting, I see that now on the email I had from them when I did my check. So you didn't apply to UKBF For a new code this time? I think you're correct, they either get automatic updates or are able to check for updates as necessary using the code supplied.

If automatic, I could get kicked off even before my renewal date.

Did they ask you about arrests/convictions since your last application like TWA884 or not (perhaps because they check for updates from UKBF?).
This is my first UKBF code, I joined under a pilot scheme when I had to get a certificate from the police to prove what a good sort I was. It seems, from further reading, that once you get this UKBF code you have passed UK vetting - I haven't found what it entails and it is pointless to guess imo - and these are the background questions I got asked by CBP:
Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense in the United States or any other country?
No
Even if you've had only an arrest or had an incident that was expunged/removed from your record, please provide the details (optional):Have you ever received a waiver of inadmissibility to the U.S. from a U.S. government agency?
No
Have you ever been found in violation of customs laws?
No
Have you ever been found in violation of immigration laws?
No
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I forgot to update mine.

This is my second renewal, as I mentioned previously, as I was an early user of GE. My second renewal did not go "automatically" as my first did five years ago, or my initial approval ten years-both were instantaneous (I presume due to gov't clearances). I went in for my interview and was told by the CBP officer it was for the photo as it had to be updated since my original was over ten years old. Other than the picture, that was it. Approval email hit two minutes later. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.