Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
No bonus time if you renew early or late unlike initial application. For initial application, if final approval date is the day after your birthday, you get 364 bonus days.
True, math works out the same though. OP was set to expire January 2017, so regardless of when final approval occurred, they got 5 years from January 2017.

Matches what happened with my wife as well. Conditional approval before birthday expiration, but interview slightly after and only got 5 years from the birthday when expiration occurred, so she actually gets less than 5 actual years of possible usage out of the renewal which kinda stinks. Same for the OP
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Renewal after 5.1 years (birthday still 0.5 years away)...

Applied: Sat, Apr 1
Approved: Mon, Apr 10

Letter labeled LAX. No need to be interviewed. Now good until 2022.
Similar experience with my renewal. A little over a week later (this morning) I got the "status changed email". Logged in and showed approved etc, no interview needed.

"We are pleased to inform you that your U. S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Global Entry program membership has been approved. You can begin using the program immediately."

With my trusted traveler # staying the same.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Renewal after 5.1 years (birthday still 0.5 years away)...

Applied: Sat, Apr 1
Approved: Mon, Apr 10

Letter labeled LAX. No need to be interviewed. Now good until 2022.
Card arrived: Mon Apr 17
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
No Interview Required for Re-Upping GE?

In April of 2016 I re-upped my GE as I was coming on five years. I filled out what needed filling out, received conditional approval on GOES, and set up my interview to coincide with a flight to LHR/JNB out of IAD. Very clever of me from a time-management perspective, I thought, and I was very quick to pat myself on the back.

Then last month, I went to re-up my significant other's GE. We went to GOES, filled out what needed filling out, paid the $100, and then a few days later the approval came in, no mention of an interview, and he just got his new GE card in the mail. So, this leads to two questions, O Smart People here on FT:

1. Is the in-person interview no longer required when re-upping for another five years? I want to make sure we're not missing a step and get bogged down next time we use the GE kiosks.

2. The Sig. O got a new passport just prior to re-upping GE. So once the new approval came in, we went to GOES and simply entered the new passport number while logged into his account. Is that all that needs to be done to ensure the new passport number is associated with his GE account?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
1) Anecdotally, you don't get an interview unless something has changed since your last application (besides the countries you've visited). That may or may not be accurate, but it is true that some folks have to interview to renew and some don't.

2) Anecdotally, some folks have problems after renewing GE and have to swing by a GE center to have them do something quick to fix it. A close friend of mine was one of these people. I was with her when she stopped in at a GE office. They took her passport, looked something up, said she was fine, no problem, and mysteriously she's had no more problems at the kiosks. Prior to that, post-renewal she got an 'X' every time she tried to use GE and had to clear it with an agent who couldn't tell her what was wrong.

It seems to be seamless for the majority of people, and it's possible that there have been minor problems in the past that have been fixed.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
1. Is the in-person interview no longer required when re-upping for another five years? I want to make sure we're not missing a step and get bogged down next time we use the GE kiosks.

2. The Sig. O got a new passport just prior to re-upping GE. So once the new approval came in, we went to GOES and simply entered the new passport number while logged into his account. Is that all that needs to be done to ensure the new passport number is associated with his GE account?
There are numerous reports in this thread, where I have merged your post, of Global Entry being renewed without the need for an interview. It is also mentioned in the wikipost.

As for your second question, please check the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Thank you so much for this info.

One of the things I love about this place is how quickly people help.

13 minutes and you answered what I needed, chollie, thank you so much!

Had I bothered to do a search I probably would have found this thread where the mod understandably moved my post. I used to be very involved in FT back in the day, but lately not as much, so I like think my contributions in the past allow for me to ask questions these days.

And I need to remember to DO A SEARCH FIRST, something I used to remind people of all the time, so it amazes me that I actually forgot to try that here, weak as the search functionality is...
Old May 7, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond.
GE renewal question

I submitted my renewal application a couple of weeks ago for GE. I just got back a notification through GOES that my application had been approved and that I could begin using the service. Does this mean I didn't need another interview and that they will be sending me an updated card?

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Oysterman
I submitted my renewal application a couple of weeks ago for GE. I just got back a notification through GOES that my application had been approved and that I could begin using the service. Does this mean I didn't need another interview and that they will be sending me an updated card?

Thanks!
Yes.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28223393-post4337.html
Old May 7, 2017, 10:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Oysterman

Thanks!
Yes.

There are numerous reports in this thread, where I have merged your post, of Global Entry being renewed without the need for an interview. It is also mentioned in the wikipost.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old May 10, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Applied for renewal around 4/27. Got approval today, no interview needed. Since my last interview, I changed my address, employer, and passport. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:14 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
My wife and I completed our renewal applications on May 5th and we received notification on May 12th they were approved and our expiration dates are now in 2022, so only one week time for renewal for each of us. One caveat is that our Global Entry renewal was probably simpler than most in that we visited zero foreign countries in the past five years (I think we used our global entry on one or two foreign trip right after we got them but more than five years ago). Both of our home addresses had changed four years ago and my wife had a new passport.

Hopefully now that our twins are going on five years old we won't go five more years without a foreign trip.

Do all the renewals come from Atlanta, or did ours come from there because that's where we initially interviewed?
Old May 17, 2017, 8:22 pm

Sorry if this has been answered already.

My Global Entry expires in Aug 2018. If I renew in Aug 2017 would it still be the same if I renewed closer to my expiration date?

Not sure if there are any factors here that I'm missing.

Last edited by calisoldier83; May 17, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Old May 17, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by calisoldier83
Sorry if this has been answered already. If I renew 11 months or so before my expiration would it be handled the same way as if I renewed closer to my expiration (e.g. I would get the same expiration date either way or not).

My bday is in Aug.
Expiration is May 2018.

Not sure if there are any factors here that I'm missing.
I believe the answer is there is no difference. They just add 5 years on to whenever you were going to expire. However, something doesn't add up.. Expiration should always be at your birthday. You state your bday and expiration are many months apart.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I believe the answer is there is no difference. They just add 5 years on to whenever you were going to expire. However, something doesn't add up.. Expiration should always be at your birthday. You state your bday and expiration are many months apart.
Sorry I was basing the date off my interview and updated my post with the correct info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.