Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Interview required for my renewal, despite no change in address or employer, and no sketchy countries visited.

The only thing I can think of is that I once had a spate of X's (maybe 3 in a row), but that was a couple years ago and went away on its own.

I also once declared some overseas purchases (booze).

Next NYC interview is 4 months out
My renewal required an interview. With the exception of a passport renewal, no changes. Same employer, home address, etc. No sketchy countries visited. No issues with the kiosks or any issues with CBP. Never held up entering the country for anything.

While I am sure there are travel patterns, behaviors, etc that trigger interviews, I think there is some randomization on the interviews as well. And you can just get selected for no apparent reason.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:29 am

Hi-

I was conditionally approved and need to go for an interview. I've scheduled an appointment for March 1. Birthday is March 3. I plan to travel before March 1. Will I still be able to use the kiosk or is my GE suspended until I complete the interview?
Trying to see if it's worth taking time off work for an earlier interview.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by jadecocoa
Hi-

I was conditionally approved and need to go for an interview. I've scheduled an appointment for March 1. Birthday is March 3. I plan to travel before March 1. Will I still be able to use the kiosk or is my GE suspended until I complete the interview?
I am one of the lucky people who got it renewed without an interview. So I do not have this experience. I do not see why your GE is suspended because of renewal. If it is suspended, it should be of another reason. Just bring your GE card with you just in case. (While the GE card is usually useless, I was once having problems with kiosks and an CBP officer asked for my GE card and then expedited my "paper" entry.)
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Hi-

Your Global Entry should be good until 1 March 2017. Will you be back for your 3 March interview? If not, try to do a walk in or log into GOES and hunt for an earlier appointment.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Your Global Entry should be good until 1 March 2017. Will you be back for your 3 March interview? If not, try to do a walk in or log into GOES and hunt for an earlier appointment.
I'll be back in time for the March 1 interview. March 3 is expiration/birthday. Trying to avoid a separate trip so it's reassuring to hear its still in effect until expiry date.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I'll be back in time for the March 1 interview. March 3 is expiration/birthday. Trying to avoid a separate trip so it's reassuring to hear its still in effect until expiry date.
Hunt for an earlier appointment is your best bet, maybe on the day you are traveling.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I did an expedited passport renewal at a passport agency and then immediately changed the passport number in the GOES system. At OLCI I entered my new passport information into delta.dumb. PreCheck and GE worked fine and the new passport information seems to have been automatically updated in my DL profile. Easy!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
My renewal was just approved without the need for an interview. No changes in job, address, or passport. I have visited countries on the list you now have to select from.

Took 3 weeks from when I submitted the online renewal.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by akersnl
I have visited countries on the list you now have to select from.
What list is that? I've nly ever seen the 'list all countries you have visited in the last 5 years' list.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
What list is that? I've nly ever seen the 'list all countries you have visited in the last 5 years' list.
At least what I saw, was a drop down menu of a handful of countries to select from if you have visited them. It wasn't an encompassing list of all countries.

It had places like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, some ME countries, and some European.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unless something has changed recently, the drop down list in principle includes all countries, although Hong Kong is considered part of China IIRC.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
What folks are saying is that, once the renewal application was reviewed, they were approved without needing to go in for another interview (i.e., they were not conditionally approved, but fully approved). You're still in the "review" phase.
After 1 week, I was approved again with having to do an interview.. .. Again, thanks for the heads up...
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
DP: Applied for renewal about 2 weeks ago, got notice today (email notification) and checked account to see approved renewal without interview.

For those getting flagged, might interest you to know I've lived in 4 different countries, one of which would probably normally be flagged for suspicion for terrorism, in the past 5 years, and swapped jobs three times, in addition to visiting over 35 countries in that time period, some most definitely on lists that would raise eyebrows.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:06 pm

I needed an interview, my wife did not. We've both changed jobs but haven't moved. We both went to the same countries (at the same time). Luck of the draw, I guess.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: Platinum
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. My family of four renewed last weekend, and got approved yesterday. No interview necessary.

It will be interesting to see my new GE card, since my hair has grayed and thinned significantly from 5 years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.