Global Entry Renewal

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 18, 19, 1:15 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
Global Entry Reapplication / Renewal (required every 5 years)

You can proactively initiate the renewal process before you get your expiration notification from DHS, which seem to be going out to your email address of record a few months prior to expiry.

You may reapply for Global Entry renewal as early as one year prior to your membership expiration date. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-membership%3F If you are currently approved, your new GE validity will be five years from your next birthday.

Important:
1) If you allow your Global Entry status to expire, even by one day, you will need to submit a new application.
2) If you cancel a scheduled interview, your application will be canceled. So, instead of canceling an appointment date for the interview, just reschedule it.

Your Global Entry expiration date will show when you register and sign in to the new Trusted Traveler Program website https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ If you can renew, you will see a white on blue "RENEW" radio button.

Reapplication requires filling out an application form essentially de novo, including listing citizenship or residency documents, whether your driver's license is EDL conforming, aliases or "AKAs", new jobs or address changes since application, all countries visited the last five years (the form sorts them alphabetically, and does not request date or year of visit) and payment of $100 (for five years of GE renewal).

Don't forget some credit cards will give you credit for PreCheck application or renewal, $85, or for Global Entry etc. renewal, $100, every five years (Barclay Aviator Silver, American Express Platinum, etc.) Interestingly, they may not cover NEXUS, which is $50 - and if you have NEXUS, your GE will be subsumed by NEXUS.

After one to a few weeks, you will likely receive an e-mail informing you action has been taken on your application; you will have to log in to your account to determine what that action has been. The average time for processing is 7-10 days (excluding government shutdowns) but it is not uncommon to wait 1-2 months.

3) Extension of current Global Entry:
If you submit a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date).
Please note that according to the information in this post, the grace period has been extended to twelve months: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31397574-post1554.html

Decisions on your application:
1) You may be approved, with no further action on your part necessary; your GE will be extended five years from your next birthdate. For an example of an uncomplicated renewal without requiring an interview, see this post by mre5765.

2) You may receive conditional approval. To receive full approval you must complete the enrollment interview within 365 days of receiving the conditional approval. You still have a hoop or two to jump through.

3) You may have not been approved. See instructions on line to proceed; this information refers to reapplication, not how to appeal or reverse the denial.

If your renewal application takes inordinately long to process or you experience other difficulties, see Frequently Asked Questions or contact or email your questions or request for support through the CBP support portal.

Notification of Conditional Approval:

Global Entry
Aug 28, 2015

WILLISTON, VT
PO BOX 946
Williston, VT 05495
US

JACK FROST
1000 MAIN ST
CENTERVILLE, 02234-5678
US

Re: Your application for the Global Entry Program Membership #"123456789"

Dear "JACK FROST":

We are pleased to inform you that your U. S. Customs and Border Protection, Global Entry membership application has been processed and you are now invited to visit an enrollment center to complete the enrollment process.

In order to finalize your Global Entry enrollment, you must schedule your Global Entry Interview within 30 days of the date of this letter. You do not have to complete the interview within 30 days. [Update: You need to complete an interview within 365 days of conditional approval, or your application will be cancelled. You can reschedule as often as needed]. To do this, please log in through GOES (Global Online Enrollment System) [Update: TTP Account] using the user name and password you established when you completed your initial application. Once you have logged in, please schedule your interview using the blue "Schedule Interview" button located on the right side of the screen. If you have already visited the enrollment center for this application, please disregard this letter.

You must bring the following original documents with you to the enrollment center:

• A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them to the interview so that the information can be added to your file. This provides you with the ability to use either passport at the Global Entry kiosk;
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable);
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc.

When you visit the Enrollment Center, we will review your application and any additional information you provide at that time. We will verify your identity, review your documentation, and take your fingerprints and photograph. Finally, we will explain the terms and conditions of the Global Entry program and answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Your Global Entry membership number is, "123456789", if your account is approved, this will become your Known Traveler Number for your TSA Pre-Check benefit. For more information on the TSA Pre-Check program please visit their web site at www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck.

Thank you for applying to the Global Entry Program. If you have any questions, please visit the Global Entry website at www.globalentry.gov. You may also contact the CBP Info Center at (877) 227-5511 or by visiting their website at https://help.cbp.gov.

Respectfully,

(unsigned)

Supervisor, Global Entry Enrollment Center
U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Note: names and numbers used herein are fictitious
You can check the status of your application from your TTP Website dashboard, which is displayed after you login. If you applied through GOES, you can find migration instructions here. Please DO NOT submit a new application as you will be liable for any additional fees incurred per the non-refundable terms and conditions you agree to prior to making payment.

If your application status is "Pending Review" then your application has been received and is being processed. Please note that processing times vary by applicant.

The vetting process cannot be expedited. If you submitted a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date). [Please note that according to the information in post number [URL="https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1426118-global-entry-renewal-104.html#post31397574"]1552, the grace period has been extended to twelve months.]

After the application has been reviewed, the status will be updated to either "Conditionally Approved" or "Denied" and a letter will be posted in your TTP account with additional information. This letter can be found under Notifications on the Dashboard.

If conditionally approved, you will receive a notification to schedule your interview. It is important that you complete your interview within 365 days of conditional approval. Failure to schedule an interview in that timeframe will cancel your application and you will need to pay again and reapply if you still wish to be a member.

Please note that some Enrollment Centers have a long wait for an interview. Availability is displayed through your TTP account before applying and upon conditional approval. If you have immediate travel plans, please have flexibility in the center that you can visit for the interview. To see where the centers are located see the links below [please go to this [URL="https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1332/~/i-have-submitted-my-trusted-traveler-application-for-review.-did-cbp-receive-my"]CBP web page for the links].

You should prepare for your appointment as if you were newly applying, with passport, naturalization certificate or whatever you're using to establish qualification as well as documents establishing residency (state driver's license, senior identification, etc.) you will also have your fingerprints and photograph taken.

Be sure to mention anything you've forgotten to list in your application form, and to disclose any incidents such as being arrested (not just if you were found guilty) or Driving Under the Influence - alcohol or any substance - AKA "DUIs" (some posting in this thread report they were asked if they'd been charged with DUI);,these folks access various data bases, at least one of which includes data going back to the 1950s. Some members in this forum have posted they had trouble or were initially denied for not mentioning those incidents, even juvenile records that should have been expunged.

If your reapplication is approved, you will generally be notified quickly.

Your Global Entry Program Number / TT# and your PASSID will not change.

There are several credit cards such as the AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant that give rebates on the Global Entry fee once every five years.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 16, 19, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by dhammer53 View Post
That lasted for the one flight. My flight last month didn't show Pre anymore. I'm waiting now for 3 months for my renewal. I re-applied after my GE expired.
When I was in college, I interned with the Congresswoman in my district. I just sent my current member of Congress my details. As I recall, your elected officials can and will pressure a local/state/federal agency. Who knows, maybe it will help.

dh
My recent outbound flight had me in the slow line.
My return flight had TSA Pre written on my BP.

When I went to check the status on the website, the color changed to Gold, but still said Pending? This left me confused. How'd I get Pre on my return flight, but the website still shows pending.

Is the left hand talking to the right hand? Is there a lag? Did my Member of Congress e mail help?

dh
Old Jul 16, 19, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dhammer53 View Post
My recent outbound flight had me in the slow line.
My return flight had TSA Pre written on my BP.

When I went to check the status on the website, the color changed to Gold, but still said Pending? This left me confused. How'd I get Pre on my return flight, but the website still shows pending.

Is the left hand talking to the right hand? Is there a lag? Did my Member of Congress e mail help?

dh
Your age perhaps. Age-related PreCheck happens at times, and perhaps more so if it was on an award ticket from an account holder with trusted traveler program status of sort at time of booking.
Old Jul 17, 19, 9:08 am

Programs: AA-G DL-FO
I applied for renewal April 4 (3 months before expiration). I've been waiting earnestly and quietly wondering if the Pending status would ever change.
Thankfully, I found this forum - which I believe is the ONLY true gauge of the wait time. Yesterday afternoon, I received an email from ttp-no-reply
which informed me of Application status change. My Dashboard now says "Conditionally Approved" Still gold (not Green) But hey, Woo-hoo!!

Sadly, next interview appointment available is October 2 for my airport - but I will certainly check every time I am there until then.

Thanks to all of you for giving me back some of my sanity.
103 days for me + interview.

my first post - hope I did it right.
Old Jul 17, 19, 9:13 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by bbcheme86 View Post
I applied for renewal April 4 (3 months before expiration). I've been waiting earnestly and quietly wondering if the Pending status would ever change.
Thankfully, I found this forum - which I believe is the ONLY true gauge of the wait time. Yesterday afternoon, I received an email from ttp-no-reply
which informed me of Application status change. My Dashboard now says "Conditionally Approved" Still gold (not Green) But hey, Woo-hoo!!

Sadly, next interview appointment available is October 2 for my airport - but I will certainly check every time I am there until then.

Welcome to FT.

Check daily and frequently. Cancellation occurs more often than you think. Usually you will find something suitable in less than a week.
Old Jul 17, 19, 9:21 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by bbcheme86 View Post

Don't forget that since you applied to renew your Global Entry membership before it expired, you will continue to receive Global Entry benefits, pending final approval, for up to six month after the original expiration date.

In addition, if you have any upcoming international travel, Enrollment on Arrival is a viable option.
Old Jul 17, 19, 9:40 am

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
I renewed last year. Week or so ago, I realized the card has an expiration date and thus my card is expired. Were they supposed to send me a new card?
Old Jul 17, 19, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by empedocles View Post
I renewed last year. Week or so ago, I realized the card has an expiration date and thus my card is expired. Were they supposed to send me a new card?
Yes.
Old Jul 17, 19, 2:08 pm

I am at 17 weeks now. I called AGAIN and was told not to bother them until August.
Old Jul 17, 19, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Applied for renewal 3 July. Approved (no interview required) 8 July.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 17, 19, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by empedocles View Post
Has your primary residence been in the US the entire time? If so and the GE renewal application resulted in final approval, then you should have received a new GE card sometime after receiving final approval for the renewal.
Old Jul 18, 19, 8:12 am

Programs: United Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
My Global Entry expires tomorrow (July 19). I applied to renew on May 5. That's 11 weeks, but it is still "Pending".
Old Jul 18, 19, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by PSBear View Post
My Global Entry expires tomorrow (July 19). I applied to renew on May 5. That's 11 weeks, but it is still "Pending".
You have a at least a few more months to keep using GE, as itís pending review of one sort or another. [The bad news would be if you end up being denied on the pending review application before the 6 months post-expiration grace period expires, but thatís extremely unlikely for most people.]
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:19 pm

I know this has been asked and answered somewhere in this thread but I can't find it and it's not mentioned in the wiki post. My birthday is coming up soon and I was thinking about renewing it at T-364 in case of another interview. My question is it still like when I originally applied you have 30 days from the conditional approval date to schedule an interview but had a year to complete it? I'm planning on visiting friends in Phoenix in late September or early October and would like to schedule it then if one is required. The thing I'm worried about is if my renewal takes as long as some of the ones posted in this thread it'll likely be long time before I'm anywhere close to a GE enrollment center as I only travel a couple times a year and the closest one is almost 500 miles away so I may need quite a bit of time to get it done. Since having GE I've sadly only made two international trips to four whole countries so in theory it shouldn't take long but as this thread has shown YMMV big time.
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:52 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Starwood, Priceline
Iím not actually sure what your question is.

Originally Posted by LtKernelPanic View Post
I know this has been asked and answered somewhere in this thread but I can't find it and it's not mentioned in the wiki post. My birthday is coming up soon and I was thinking about renewing it at T-364 in case of another interview. My question is it still like when I originally applied you have 30 days from the conditional approval date to schedule an interview but had a year to complete it? I'm planning on visiting friends in Phoenix in late September or early October and would like to schedule it then if one is required. The thing I'm worried about is if my renewal takes as long as some of the ones posted in this thread it'll likely be long time before I'm anywhere close to a GE enrollment center as I only travel a couple times a year and the closest one is almost 500 miles away so I may need quite a bit of time to get it done. Since having GE I've sadly only made two international trips to four whole countries so in theory it shouldn't take long but as this thread has shown YMMV big time.
Are you saying if you donít have the renewal by September or October, you would need to push it forward to next year? I donít see what the problem is.
Old Jul 18, 19, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by LtKernelPanic View Post
I know this has been asked and answered somewhere in this thread but I can't find it and it's not mentioned in the wiki post. My birthday is coming up soon and I was thinking about renewing it at T-364 in case of another interview. My question is it still like when I originally applied you have 30 days from the conditional approval date to schedule an interview but had a year to complete it?
From the date of conditional approval, you have nearly a year to do the interview and no longer need to have scheduled any interview at all as long as you somehow complete any interview requirement before the 365 days limit.

There is no longer a 30 day scheduling requirement for the interviews. So, for example, 200 days after conditional approval, you can schedule an interview for any available future date and be good (with the application) as long as you complete the interview requirement within a year of the conditional approval date.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 18, 19 at 6:25 pm Reason: Opinion/commentary not practical trusted traveler advice/information

Search this Thread