Global Entry - two passports

Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Global Entry - two passports

I have two passports both issued by the UK, I have applied for Global Entry but I only put one passport on the online form, but the letter for my appointment says that if I have a second passport to bring it and get that GE'd up too (assuming success at the interview). Does anyone know if taking the second passport along without having entered it on the online form will be an issue, or if I can retrospectively add my second passport to the application now without starting the entire process again?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
that's interesting. I have two passports as well but when I applied last summer (Aug 2012), they told me at the interview that I can only use one passport. Apparently their system doesn't allow entering two passports for the same traveler.

But they may have changed the rules since. I'd be interested to know if anyone more recently has had success entering two passports.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:07 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by RichardB0777
that's interesting. I have two passports as well but when I applied last summer (Aug 2012), they told me at the interview that I can only use one passport. Apparently their system doesn't allow entering two passports for the same traveler.

But they may have changed the rules since. I'd be interested to know if anyone more recently has had success entering two passports.
They would not add my Official US Passport in with my tourist but this was back in summer 08. Many people now have reported it not being a problem. I haven't seen any threads on foreign passport success yet.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardB0777

This is from the letter:

"A valid passport or permanent resident card. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them to the interview so that the information can be added to your file. This provides you with the ability to use either passport at the Global Entry kiosk;"

I cannot be certain, but like you, I think that at the time of application it only allowed me to enter one passport. The wording seems to imply that may have been the case.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
I was asked about five times during my interview if I had additional passports or citizenships. If the online application allows you to add a second passport from the same country and you did not do so, then you might be in for a challenging experience.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: AA DULtArer
I could not add my EU passport when I joined GE in 2009, but it was not eligible back then.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mre5765
I was asked about five times during my interview if I had additional passports or citizenships. If the online application allows you to add a second passport from the same country and you did not do so, then you might be in for a challenging experience.
I'll certainly tell them when I am at the interview but I seem to recall that it only let me enter 1 passport from my country as proof of citizenship, for sure I could add others from other countries but it did not seem to want/like/need two passports from the same country. I'll just be upfront and honest and leave it to them to decide.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
They would not add my Official US Passport in with my tourist but this was back in summer 08. Many people now have reported it not being a problem. I haven't seen any threads on foreign passport success yet.
I have both an official and regular passport on GE, and have used both with the GE kiosks.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I'll certainly tell them when I am at the interview but I seem to recall that it only let me enter 1 passport from my country as proof of citizenship, for sure I could add others from other countries but it did not seem to want/like/need two passports from the same country. I'll just be upfront and honest and leave it to them to decide.
I think if you plead that the website only lets you enter one passport per country, then they will let it go. In my interview, I was asked why I didn't list Canada and Mexico as countries I had visited, and I informed the officer that the website didn't let me enter those countries. He accepted that. Whether he was ignorant or fishing, I've no idea.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by mre5765
I think if you plead that the website only lets you enter one passport per country, then they will let it go. In my interview, I was asked why I didn't list Canada and Mexico as countries I had visited, and I informed the officer that the website didn't let me enter those countries. He accepted that. Whether he was ignorant or fishing, I've no idea.
Funny. The application process specifically says 'countries other than US, Canada, and Mexico', and Canada and Mexico do not exist in the pull-down menu. Hard to believe he didn't know that, my vote is he was fishing.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
I have both an official and regular passport on GE, and have used both with the GE kiosks.
Just applied a week ago and was conditionally approved yesterday. I can confirm that the site will currently allow you to enter more than one passport, I entered both my personal and official ones and plan to bring them both to the interview.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just a short update: they accepted both UK passports with no issues at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.