Pre-check and adultery ...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Pre-check and adultery ...

Dear all,

An ignorant question, but I am naive on these things.

I got pre-check through UA last year, and I fly UA exclusively.

Today, I am committing adultery and am flying B6. Does pre-check depend on the carrier or on the passenger? In other words, will I get pre-check on this trip?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:16 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
This sounds like a great question to be asked in the new Trusted Travelers Forum.

Do you have a trusted traveler ID and, if so, did you provide it to B6 when you made your reservation (assuming B6 participates in Pre-Check)?

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
B6 doesnt participate in pre so the only option is to hope you are one of those that TSA pushes into random precheck.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CDKing
B6 doesnt participate in pre so the only option is to hope you are one of those that TSA pushes into random precheck.
Correct.
http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/tsa-...k-how-it-works
Q. I thought I was eligible for TSA Pre✓™, why does my boarding pass not have an indicator for expedited screening?
A. At this time American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and US Airways are the only airlines notifying passengers of eligibility on boarding passes. Other TSA Pre✓™ participating airlines will implement similar notifications once operationally ready.
https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/tru...ssage/85320196 (see third to last and last posts, from JetBlue reps on 02 Nov 13 and 05 Nov 13, respectively)
Hi,

Thanks for your post; yes, currently JetBlue is not participating in the TSA Pre-Check, expedited screening program. However, with the purchase of our EMS (even more space) seats you receive an Even More Speed upgrade which allows you to use the shorter line at TSA and boards JetBlue flight first.

Yes, JetBlue Airways is evaluating offering this option for our customers

Happy Jetting!
The TSA Pre-Check began in a testing phase being offered at select airports and inviting only a handful of airlines to participate. With its apparant success and recent growth JetBlue is very interested in the TSA Pre-Check Program.
Although we do not have a time line to offer, we are hoping to receive a government invite and become involved in the program in the near future. We see the customers benefit and are actively working to become a member.
We will continue to offer the optional upgrade of Even more Speed even once the TSA Pre-Check becomes an option as there are additional benefits on top of the expedited security.
Understanding you have many options when choosing an airline for your travel needs and realizing this isn't the immediate resolution you may have been hoping for we hope you will consider JetBlue for your future flight options.

For the record, though, I'm a UA guy, but have gotten PreCheck consistently on US with my UA number in the profile, and have also gotten PreCheck consistently on AA as a non-elite, but with my GE number in my profile. Haven't flown DL in a while, so no experience there, although I did put my GE number in my account just in case.

Last edited by gobluetwo; Nov 7, 2013 at 9:41 am
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CDKing
I wouldn't say that's the only option when flying B6.

At various airports, at least tens of thousands of passengers with CACs of some form -- a huge number of DOD workers, for example -- can use PreCheck regardless of airline flown.

... and at some airports, the upper end of the AARP crowd and the 12- minors are also being allowed through the PreCheck lines when flying B6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.