Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

No More Form 6059B For Global Entry???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More Form 6059B For Global Entry???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by 14940674
I had heard that even if the machine functions correctly, if you receive an X you need to turn in a 6059B. Is this not true?
Got a printed form with an X at BOS and I didn't have to fill out the standard blue form when I reported for inspection.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:31 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by I_Hate_US_Airways
Arrived at IAD from FCO last week. Used the GE kiosk & proceeded to clear domestic TSA. A CBP Supervisor informed me that I no longer had to fill out from 6059B since I was using Global Entry!
You never had to fill one out using GE. Any CBP officer who told you that you did was confused; this was happening at the start of the program.

Originally Posted by I_Hate_US_Airways
Hadn't heard of this before. Does this mean I also don't have to fill it out when entering/exiting Canada???
When you enter Canada, you have to fill out Canada's form since Global Entry has nothing to do with Canada.

In fact it is my understanding that you can use NEXUS kiosk in Canada when ENTERING the US.
Using the NEXUS kiosk requires a NEXUS card.

I had heard that even if the machine functions correctly, if you receive an X you need to turn in a 6059B. Is this not true?
No, they can just stamp the X form.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Originally Posted by Ari

When you enter Canada, you have to fill out Canada's form since Global Entry has nothing to do with Canada.
Unfortunately, everybody (regular/NEXUS) is required to fill out form E311 (Customs Declaration Card).
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Ari
Using the NEXUS kiosk requires a NEXUS card.

Actually, I don't think you insert the NEXUS card into the NEXUS kiosk; instead, you verify your identity with the iris scan. The card is for land/sea entires.

But, I believe that you ARE supposed to be carrying the card with you (in addition to your passport).
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Actually, I don't think you insert the NEXUS card into the NEXUS kiosk; instead, you verify your identity with the iris scan. The card is for land/sea entires.
Correct

Originally Posted by ESpen36
But, I believe that you ARE supposed to be carrying the card with you (in addition to your passport).
Correct, you are not supposed to be using the kiosk if your not in the possession of a NEXUS card.

Whenever I fly out to the US, the officer has always asked to see my card (upon handing in my receipt prior to security).

Never been asked to show it by CBSA though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.