Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2013, 3:05 am

Programs: AA++
Thanks all. I did my interview and it was smooth. Very professional and no problems at all. Came 15 minutes earlier and called in exactly at the time of appointment.

Bunch of other applicants were inside and I don't know how long they took, but mine was very fast. The polite officer verified information on application and showed me how to use the machine. That's it.

Just want to update and hopefully other LAX applicant can use this same information.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:47 am
fMD

Hey everyone, sorry for bumping an old thread. I have an appointment here in March but won't be able to make it and would like to make it a few days earlier. Has anyone had luck with showing up for an appointment? I have a 3 hour layover (about 2 hrs' of functional time).

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2014, 1:55 pm

hi

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
The agent who interviewed me actually said that their computers were slow & she wasn't able to get the results of the fingerprint check/criminal background check. (I think she mentioned it was an FBI database that was slow to respond.) After about half an hour she sent me home with the sticker on my passport and told me that I should assume I was approved, but I'd be contacted if the background check turned up anything suspicious.

I seem to recall that the agent had a sheet of paper with a list of 10 or 15 questions, and I got the impression she was required to randomly select several to ask me.
about what sticker on passport are you referring to?
Old May 7, 2014, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by jddalove
about what sticker on passport are you referring to?
The sticker is no longer used.

FB
Old May 10, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
That was pretty much my experience with NEXUS, also. I did my interview in the US, but I was interviewed by a Canadian. They wanted to know why I wanted the card, if I came there just to get the card (also asked that of another person who drove a few hundred miles to get it), if I had property or family in Canada. I also have some pretty exotic countries on my travel list for the past 5 years but they didn't seem too concerned about it.
That's was pretty much experience my experience as well. I did my interview in the US, but the Canadian was the one who actually did the interview. She just wanted to know why I wanted NEXUS, had me sign a paper and verified my passport and driver's license and gave me a NEXUS manual and a "Know before you go" book. The American just took my picture and fingerprints. It took longer to watch the video explaining how NEXUS works than the actual interview process. I had my approval email before I got back to my car.

I was expecting some sort of interrogation and was pleasantly surprised how easy the process actually was. Only if the agents in the booths could be as nice as the agents who give the NEXUS interviews.
Old May 11, 2014, 1:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My GE "interview" was very brief and had to do with quick questions about my current domestic and international residences, previous/current work, and a relative of mine. I was in and out within 12 minutes -- and that was from showing up for security screening at the Reagan trade center to saying "thanks and have a good day" to the CBP agent and being back in the METRO. All but 4-7 minutes of that 12 minutes was waiting time or dealing with non-CBP persons. [I had no video or other material shown or provided to me by CBP about the use of the program .... perhaps because they knew I knew it well already.] I have had CBP at airports spend more time looking at my passport and my record than it took me to go through the GE enrollment after showing up to get the conditional approval made into final approval.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 11, 2014 at 1:19 am
Old May 12, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: pleb
Just had my interview this past weekend at JFK. Was about 10 minutes late but got there, signed in and wait for about 10 minutes before they called my name.

The officer just verified my mailing address, asked whether i travelled primarily for business or pleasure, and if I've been to Mexico or Canada in the last 5 years. And that was it. Rest of the time was having my photo taken, fingerprints scanned, and going through the instructions of how to book future travel and use the kiosk. Including waiting time was done in within 30 minutes.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I had my interview at MSP. The first question was whether my travel was international or domestic. He then confirmed my mailing address and asked if I'd ever been arrested. He also asked if I've ever been in front of a judge. There was no video or machine to practice on. Instead, he gave me a pamphlet and a few more to hand out to anyone else who might be thinking about it. He joked that if I'm the only one in my travel party with GE, I'll be stuck getting the car while everyone else is still in line. So, I should make anyone traveling with me sign up.

After fingerprints and a photo, the interview was over. It took less than 10 minutes.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Did they ask anyone else aviation questions? After asking me my name and what I was getting GE for, he asked me something about the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Mike
Old May 20, 2014, 10:24 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeef
Did they ask anyone else aviation questions? After asking me my name and what I was getting GE for, he asked me something about the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Mike
Are there any "smiles" missing from your post()
If they really did ask the swallow ques., getting the answer CORRECT might be a bad sign...people who know too much about such things might be planning to use swallows to attack planes.
Old May 21, 2014, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by nrr
Are there any "smiles" missing from your post()
If they really did ask the swallow ques., getting the answer CORRECT might be a bad sign...people who know too much about such things might be planning to use swallows to attack planes.
I believe this will answer you question.

Mike
Old May 21, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikeef

Mike
African or European?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Delta Platinum, ST Elite+
I've already been issued a KTN/TTN and tried to find a place to record that on my application for GE, but there seems to be nothing related. Am I missing something?

Just curious how long the process is from when I submit the application to when I am approved? I'm traveling internationally a few more times in the next 12 months and would love to get this completed before my next trip.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by cemlaw
I've already been issued a KTN/TTN and tried to find a place to record that on my application for GE, but there seems to be nothing related. Am I missing something?

Just curious how long the process is from when I submit the application to when I am approved? I'm traveling internationally a few more times in the next 12 months and would love to get this completed before my next trip.
You're not missing anything. The TSA Precheck process and Global Entry processes aren't related.

Your GE number (PASSID) can serve as a KTN for Precheck purposes.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:31 am

My Nexus interview at YYZ was super easy. Met with a Canada guy first, walked up and he just handed me something said I was approved, had to then meet with the US person. Had to wait maybe 15 minutes, the US person took my fingerprints and iris scan, asked why I wanted Nexus, I said because I hate lines at the airport, and that was the only question he asked and I was approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.