Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Originally Posted by projecteva
Is it ok if I just wear t-shirt and jeans?
Of course it is.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Is it ok if I just wear t-shirt and jeans?
Just make sure the t-shirt doesn't have a pot leaf or Bob Marley or Che Guevara on it.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:09 am

One question that the agent asked was if I had been to Mexico or Canada. I didn't include them in my list of 25+ counties. She said I lot of people leave them out because of how the prior application question is worded. She said no problem and added them. Whole process took 15 minutes but could not give me final approve till finger prints cleared FBI.... system down. Couple of hours later she emailed me acceptance.

At least you won't have to enter the country list more than once. I had to redo it ( plus a couple of more counties) when I applied for the Global Entry Card which I got a few days ago. I am a little surprised by the plainness of the card.......doesn't even indicate agency that issued it.... only USA in small print.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by madison8
One question that the agent asked was if I had been to Mexico or Canada. I didn't include them in my list of 25+ counties. She said I lot of people leave them out because of how the prior application question is worded.
That's very strange, as the application asks for countries besides Canada and Mexico that the applicant has visited.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: AA PPro, QF Gold, DL Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 14940674
That's very strange, as the application asks for countries besides Canada and Mexico that the applicant has visited.
That is correct. I was asked the same question as part of my interview.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA, CI, NH, JL, BA, SPG, Ritz, Amex Plat
Had my interviewing a total of about 20 min and got the email for approval before I got home. The officer was nice and friendly.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Had my interviewing a total of about 20 min and got the email for approval before I got home. The officer was nice and friendly.
That was my very big surprise also. Why are the officers so much nicer at Nexus/GE interviews than they are at POEs.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by alexb133
That was my very big surprise also. Why are the officers so much nicer at Nexus/GE interviews than they are at POEs.
Because you're already cleared as likely to be an okay person before a GE interview, whereas at the POE they are trying to tell whether or not you're an okay person.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:29 am

Programs: AA++
Global Entry interview in LAX. Any experience?

Hi All

I finally got an interview schedule for end of this month at LAX.

Could anyone share experience about their interviews at LAX ? What questions did they ask ? Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by ssg10
Hi All

I finally got an interview schedule for end of this month at LAX.

Could anyone share experience about their interviews at LAX ? What questions did they ask ? Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks
Just read the many posts in the "is GE worth it" thread...there are many reports on interviews... the procedures and potential questions are the same everywhere. If you have a completely unblemished criminal and customs violation history it should be very routine. They asked me why I was applying for GE, how often do I travel.. very basic stuff. Then they showed me how to use the GE kiosk and I was on my way. Nowadays they also inform you about PreCheck (there was no Precheck when I applied).
Old Jul 18, 2013, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Just read the many posts in the "is GE worth it" thread...there are many reports on interviews... the procedures and potential questions are the same everywhere. If you have a completely unblemished criminal and customs violation history it should be very routine. They asked me why I was applying for GE, how often do I travel.. very basic stuff. Then they showed me how to use the GE kiosk and I was on my way. Nowadays they also inform you about PreCheck (there was no Precheck when I applied).
That was my experience with my interview at LAX (though it was almost two years ago). Basically just walked through the application I had done online, asked if someone was paying for it (which I answered yes, AmEx was from the Platinum card) and why I wanted it since I had little international travel (had just started working for an airline and the subsequent benefits satisfied the officer as a reason).

Got the approval email an hour later while I was at dinner. Process took 15 minutes including the demonstration of how to use the machine.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 4:58 pm

Mine was at LAX. They took me about 40 minutes early, were very polite and cursory and quick. I got the email shortly after I left.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:15 am

Programs: AA++
Thanks. So, I think I should not worry too much, then.

Just bring all the items they wanted on the letter, right?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ssg10
Thanks. So, I think I should not worry too much, then.

Just bring all the items they wanted on the letter, right?
I think you're thinking this is a bigger deal than it is. Half of my interview was spent talking about how the CBP agent loved what I work on, and wasn't related any way to traveling or GE.

They just want to verify documents, just the same as when you fill out an I-9 for a job.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I had my passport put into the GE system back when I first got my NEXUS card, as you still had to go in then. The guy doing it was a bit curt, but generally polite and showed how to use the machine and go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.