Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Another thing is that I don't think Otay Mesa really has appointment times that late. A day or two before my initial appointment (also 8-9pm timeframe) they called me to reschedule, fortunately for the morning after my original appointment. YMMV though.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Another thing is that I don't think Otay Mesa really has appointment times that late. A day or two before my initial appointment (also 8-9pm timeframe) they called me to reschedule, fortunately for the morning after my original appointment. YMMV though.
Very good to know. I was suspicious myself having an appointment that late. I went ahead and rescheduled it for Feb 2016 for the time being. Will keep checking the website for any possible availability.

Quick question though. The Global Entry Membership number that I've received right now, can I still use it? Or can I only start using it once I'm fully approved?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
As I understand it, you can add the number to your reservations when the interviewer specifically tells you you're approved, or if not, when you get the followup approval email.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:10 am

Applied 11/11
Conditional approval 11/18
Plenty of interviews available starting 11/19 at the DC Enrollmemt Center (chose 11/25 - had a quick and friendly interview)
Final approval 11/25, same day
Used no problem for intl travel 11/29
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
GE limbo?

slightly OT, but this seems to be a very active thread on GE and I hope I can find some answers.

I got GE based on my Green Card. My GC had a 2 year expiration since it carries the conditional status. I am in the process of removing it and already received the letter for USCIS that extends my status for a year. So technically I am a Green Card holder, but my GC shows an expiration date now passed.
What happens when I try to use it to enter the country via GE kiosk?
Do I have to update my info going to the field office? though, i don't technically have another Green Card quite yet, just the official letter extending the validity of my conditional status for a year and until final review of my case.

Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:25 am

I have a question... I recently got a Passport Card in addition to my Passport. I went online to my GOES account and could not find a way to add my Card. Is it possible to register my Passport Card with GOES? Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by N4TheChase
I have a question... I recently got a Passport Card in addition to my Passport. I went online to my GOES account and could not find a way to add my Card. Is it possible to register my Passport Card with GOES? Thanks!
N4TheChase

But to answer your question, you may have to call to make sure.

Good luck!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by DaveBlaine
N4TheChase

But to answer your question, you may have to call to make sure.

Good luck!

Thanks Dave. I'll give them a call!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Thanks Dave. I'll give them a call!
"Glad to do a friend a favor, doesn't cost me to be nice".
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:14 pm

What are the advantages of doing this? I've honestly never used my passport card for its intended purpose yet.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DaveBlaine
"Glad to do a friend a favor, doesn't cost me to be nice".
You going to charge him 3% for sleeping with the window shut?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
You going to charge him 3% for sleeping with the window shut?
"How it all increases, all those bits and pieces, Jesus, it's amazing how it grows!"

Thanks for catching the reference, I thought it would be once in a lifetime before someone would notice.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:34 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
I don't think you can but I also think there would be no point in doing so (which is probably why you can't).

The passport card is only used to enter the US at land or sea crossings, where your NEXUS or Global Entry card is already a valid travel document! You can't use it in the Global Entry kiosks or to give to an airline for APIS, so the CBP officials and systems at an airport have no reason to care about it.

(That said, if you have GE rather than NEXUS the passport card can be useful since Canada reportedly won't accept GE cards as an entry document by themselves. NEXUS, of course, is accepted by both countries.)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:28 pm

I thought that having my Passport Card registered with the GOES Program would be convenient since it would show them that I am in the GOES Program. I do take cruises and anything to get through quicker would be great as they would have the Card linked to my GOES account.

I did call the GOES Program and was told that I am unable to register my Passport Card with them.

Last edited by N4TheChase; Dec 2, 2015 at 3:33 pm Reason: Added info
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:22 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
I thought that having my Passport Card registered with the GOES Program would be convenient since it would show them that I am in the GOES Program. I do take cruises and anything to get through quicker would be great as they would have the Card linked to my GOES account.
That would be a perfectly good time to use your Global Entry card as your identity and citizenship document. (I routinely use my NEXUS card even in the regular lanes at US/CA land crossings.) Given the existence of the GE/NEXUS/SENTRI cards, why would one want to make the CBP look up a Trusted Traveler Program member by their passport card info when just using the TT card is easier for everyone involved?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.