Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA884
Hello @worldiswide,

I moved your question to the relevant thread.

You may also want to take a look at the Global Entry - Dual Citizenship thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
thank you!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: Global entry
Application

Originally Posted by Often1
<deleted>.

The answer, as you will see if you look at that thread is that there is no typical approval period. It may take longer for some people than for others and yet others are denied entirely.

At three weeks, I would not even be thinking about this.
So what all do they check that takes them so long? Our employment they didn't ask for w2's where we stay? Old address...
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by sands350
So what all do they check that takes them so long? Our employment they didn't ask for w2's where we stay? Old address...
That is my question also. Mine went through ASAP. 4 weeks so far for my hubby. Lived at same address for 35 years. Worked at same job for 33 years been retired for awhile also. He does have a common name in this area. Only thing I can come up with.

I know the minute we drive the 3 hours to the airport for my interview he will be approved. Oh well.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:37 am

Do they approve over the weekend or only weekdays?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Superorb
Do they approve over the weekend or only weekdays?
Weekend as well as weekdays.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG
No Status Change After Interview

I had my GE interview a few weeks ago and received an email and status change on the TTP website 15 minutes after the interview. My girlfriend interviewed yesterday (on a stand by interview) and hasn't yet received any status change. Is this atypical? Should we revisit the office if nothing changes? Sorry if this has been asked somewhere in this 342 page thread and I missed it, it seems like an unusual problem.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:25 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
My girlfriend interviewed yesterday (on a stand by interview) and hasn't yet received any status change. Is this atypical? Should we revisit the office if nothing changes? Sorry if this has been asked somewhere in this 342 page thread and I missed it, it seems like an unusual problem.
There are numerous reports in this thread of the interviewing CBP officers neglecting to click on the final approval button at the end of the enrollment interviews. Have your girlfriend call the enrollment center where she had her interview.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by TWA884
There are numerous reports in this thread of the interviewing CBP officers neglecting to click on the final approval button at the end of the enrollment interviews. Have your girlfriend call the enrollment center where she had her interview.
After many tries, they finally picked up, and that was indeed the problem. Thank you!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:23 pm

The waiting game is killing me

Applied late in the evening of 6/26 and payment was processed immediately. Over three weeks later application is still in the pending review stage. I know my record is clean (just got a background check done for work recently). However, I don’t have a driver’s license, only because I never learned to drive and never got a license in the ro at place (hooray for cities with public transportation!) - could this be why it’s taking so long? I don’t see why it would but who knows? Getting a little stressed out as I have an overseas business trip coming up a week from today. Here’s hoping the FT Gods smile upon me and soon.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:22 pm

I applied on June 27th, still waiting for conditional approval. Wife applied in mid July and already got the conditional approval. Trip to Europe in about three weeks, hoping the FT brings me good luck soon
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by snowpraire
I applied on June 27th, still waiting for conditional approval. Wife applied in mid July and already got the conditional approval. Trip to Europe in about three weeks, hoping the FT brings me good luck soon
Sounds like us. Applied on 6/26. I’ve been approved waiting for hubby’s. I’m setting up my interview at the end of this week with or without him. LOL. I know the minute I have the interview he will get approval and we will be driving the 2-3 hours to the airport again. We are traveling the end of August.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:49 am

Can I change my interview in case my wife get's conditional approval online before my interview and we can move them up?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Superorb
Can I change my interview in case my wife get's conditional approval online before my interview and we can move them up?
Yes you can change your interview slot as often as you wish. If your wife receives conditional approval before your interview and you cannot find another slot on the same day as you, you might want to bring your wife to your interview, ask nicely if she can also be interviewed at the same time.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:48 am

Just a quick question everyone, I have a common Muslim name and I work for the federal government. How long would it take for me to get conditionally approved for GE? I don't have a criminal history and don't have an extensive travel history either. I also went through a public trust moderate risk background investigation for the job I have now. CBP told me yesterday when I flew back to the states that it would take awhile for me to get approved because of my name.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:32 am

Finally

Applied with wife on 6/21
She was conditionally approved on 6/25. With interview on 8/2
Mine was conditionally approved on 7/23 With interview on 8/2
I have TWIC card, TSA Pre check and background check done by state.
She only has TSA Pre check.
Goverment works in mysterious ways LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.