Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
An update to my posts of February 3: I've tried calling the BOS GE office, but it goes straight to voicemail. I finally left a message concisely describing my issue, but no one has called back. My status on the TTP website is still "conditionally approved," giving me the option to reschedule or cancel the interview I had in January.

Frustrating.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
An update to my posts of February 3: I've tried calling the BOS GE office, but it goes straight to voicemail. I finally left a message concisely describing my issue, but no one has called back. My status on the TTP website is still "conditionally approved," giving me the option to reschedule or cancel the interview I had in January.

Frustrating.
Can you pay a personal visit to Boston's Global Entry office?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Can you pay a personal visit to Boston's Global Entry office?
I suppose I could, but I wouldn’t consider it until a month had passed. There’s a sign in the waiting room that says basically if you don’t have an appointment, don’t even think about sitting down.

Eventually they’ll check their messages. I’ll cross my fingers and report back when I have an answer.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by TheRealHG
I applied for Global Entry on Jan 26, 2018. Still in Pending Review status as of Feb 5. Will post an update when status changes.
UPDATE: Received my email notification this morning, logged in, and I’m conditionally approved. So the review took 2 weeks.

There is not a customs office where I live, and nearest office is booked into April. I scheduled an appointment in Washington, DC in a couple weeks when I’ll be there for other business.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: Ettihad Guest
I am India citizen and applied in November. Still on Pending approval. So I think it takes time for non US citizens.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:06 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Originally Posted by vedanta_visharad
I am India citizen and applied in November. Still on Pending approval. So I think it takes time for non US citizens.
This thread is primarily about processing times for US citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card holders).

Global Entry applications by citizens of India are processed differently; they require a completion of a background check by the government of India prior to the conditional approval by the CBP.

For details about the application process and processing time data points, please refer to the following threads:
In the Travel Safety/Security forum: Global Entry for Citizens of India

In the India forum: India joins US Global Entry programme.
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:08 pm

I suppose I could, but I wouldn’t consider it until a month had passed. There’s a sign in the waiting room that says basically if you don’t have an appointment, don’t even think about sitting down.

Eventually they’ll check their messages. I’ll cross my fingers and report back when I have an answer.
Hi RandomBaritone - I believe my application is in the same position as yours. I applied 1/8, got conditional approval 1/12 and lucked out to get an appointment at LAX Global Entry office 1/14. My status also shows "have interview and wait for approval" still. I e-mailed the CBP info center on 1/31 and they directed me to contact the LAX office directly. I tried calling LAX, got voicemail so e-mailed them directly with the details. They e-mailed back the next day saying my application is under review and there's nothing for me to do at this time. However the status never changed. It's been almost a month and I leave for my next trip next week. I may try calling this week and if no response still, try and stop by the office before my flight.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG

Frustrating.
Try https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask . They would tell you to contact the enrollment center first, if still unresolved, they can approve the application for you. It worked for me! Cases got approved in one day, though in their email they said it would take 2~3 weeks.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by APeverell
Try https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask . They would tell you to contact the enrollment center first, if still unresolved, they can approve the application for you. It worked for me! Cases got approved in one day, though in their email they said it would take 2~3 weeks.
Helpful, thanks! I may give that a try.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:38 am

I applied on feb 1 with my wife and 1 y/o son. All of us are us citizens without any background. I was conditionally approved in 48 hrs but my wife and son application still show in review. Should i go ahead and book my interview when there are 3 slots or should i wait until they get the approval? Why can be going on that a 1 year old will take 2 weeks for conditional approval?? Any suggestions?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta Plat
My interview was scheduled for 2/20, but today since I was arriving at JFK T4 I rescheduled it for today at 11 am 20 minutes before 11

Showed up at the office at 10:50 they couldn't find my reservation, showed them my confirmation and he had me wait 5 minutes. Got called 2 minutes later after having my fingerprints and picture taken I was out the door and told I was approved.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Mglngl

I applied on feb 1 with my wife and 1 y/o son. All of us are us citizens without any background. I was conditionally approved in 48 hrs but my wife and son application still show in review. Should i go ahead and book my interview when there are 3 slots or should i wait until they get the approval? Why can be going on that a 1 year old will take 2 weeks for conditional approval?? Any suggestions?
Welcome to FT. There is no reason why the other two are not conditionally approved yet. You can schedule 3 slots now for all three, hoping the other two will be conditionally approved before appointments. If the other two are not conditionally approved by appointments' time, then you have to decide what you want to do; delay all appointments or go as scheduled.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:03 pm

Is there a longer review period for those in the Washington DC area? I submitted my application on February 2 and so far no conditionally approval yet.

Update:
Conditionally Approved 5 mins ago (9pm)

I have schedule my interview for Monday.

Last edited by Deafchick; Feb 14, 2018 at 6:50 pm Reason: Update status
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT. There is no reason why the other two are not conditionally approved yet. You can schedule 3 slots now for all three, hoping the other two will be conditionally approved before appointments. If the other two are not conditionally approved by appointments' time, then you have to decide what you want to do; delay all appointments or go as scheduled.
view

​​​​​​​thank you for your reply. As far as I know, I can only book one slot for the appointment. It would just book one and wait until they get approved to book the next 2. Mu main concern is why is it taking that long, specially for a baby. Thanks again
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mglngl

view

thank you for your reply. As far as I know, I can only book one slot for the appointment. It would just book one and wait until they get approved to book the next 2. Mu main concern is why is it taking that long, specially for a baby. Thanks again
You are correct, you cannot make an appointment unless you are conditionally approved.

No one knows why one application takes longer than the other. If you read previous posts, many asked the same question with no clear answer. Just be patient. Your wife and kid may very well be conditionally approved within a week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.