Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:19 pm

Has anyone with an Arabic first and surname been able to get a CA in a reasonable amount of time?

I am US born, no record of any type, and haven’t traveled internationally in the past five years. Coming up on a month now for me.

I wonder if having an Arabic name is always the kiss of death for fast CAs?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:11 pm

I'm a new GE applicant with TSA PreCheck. My process has been quick.

6/11/19 - applied
6/15/19 - conditionally approved (they didn't send an email... I happened to check the website on 6/18 and saw it)
6/19/19 - interview completed

My CBP officer told me to expect final approval (or denial) no later than Friday 6/21/19.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by johnjacob
I'm a new GE applicant with TSA PreCheck. My process has been quick.

6/11/19 - applied
6/15/19 - conditionally approved (they didn't send an email... I happened to check the website on 6/18 and saw it)
6/19/19 - interview completed

My CBP officer told me to expect final approval (or denial) no later than Friday 6/21/19.
I was told at the interview that I was approved ... check your dashboard for approval (I never got the email but showed up in my dashboard in an hour after my interview)
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:23 pm

What part of the country is your address? Replying to quick turnaround

Last edited by Power Peter; Jun 20, 2019 at 12:27 pm Reason: trying to reply to a thread
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Applied March 22, 90 days ago
Conditional approval this morning
Interview at SFO 3.5 hours later
Scheduled to be approved today
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
US Citizen residing in Taiwan.

Applied: March 24
Conditional approval: June 21

Man, that took forever! Will take advantage of GE Appointment on Arrival next week when I fly into LAX.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
US Citizen residing in Taiwan.

Applied: March 24
Conditional approval: June 21

Man, that took forever! Will take advantage of GE Appointment on Arrival next week when I fly into LAX.
My husband and I applied on the 27th of March so we are getting close! Unfortunately, I applied for my daughters on April 15th so they still have a ways to go.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by mcarney64
I was told at the interview that I was approved ... check your dashboard for approval (I never got the email but showed up in my dashboard in an hour after my interview)
You're right - the approval was in my dashboard. No email. Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Power Peter
What part of the country is your address? Replying to quick turnaround
Are you referring to my post? I'm in the north east US. From application to final approval, the process was 10 days, or maybe less if I had checked the dashboard as @mcarney64 advised.

It sounds as if I've been lucky. I hope my good luck extends to you, and to all the others still waiting!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by johnjacob
You're right - the approval was in my dashboard. No email. Thanks!
You’re welcome ... got my card in the mail today - exactly 7 days from interview ... Now only if my boyfriend would get his CA, we’d be that much closer to being done with this stuff
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:35 pm

Smile Our experience

Two members of my family applied for GE on 3/22. Both applied right after another on the same day. Had been checking for a while after the 11 week mark but on 6/19, when i checked the website, i found that one was CA'd and then a few minutes later the other one was CA'd. No email received.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:27 pm

Wife and I both applied on March 31. She had her conditional approval 8 days later... I'm still waiting...

Maybe the 90 day mark will be the magic number!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:10 pm

I'm glad to hear someone else is waiting. My husband and I applied on the same day in March and mine was approved within 10 days and his is still waiting. I don't understand how one goes through quickly and the other is taking forever. Is there a number you can call and check on it?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:07 pm

I posted awhile back. Applied for global entry on 2/18/19. Child received conditional approval on 5/1/09. I, however, have yet to receive anything. After visiting this thread a few times, I finally called and requested an "escalated" inquiry on 6/18/19. I received an email while on the phone with a CBP agent that gave me an "case/incident" number and detailed the reason for escalating. The email also stated "Current wait times for resolution is 3-4 weeks. We will contact you via this incident number once the request has been processed."

Granted, not getting global entry done as quickly as I had hoped is a "first world" problem, but it is irritating none the less. Today marks 126 days waiting....

I will update when and if I ever hear anything.

Last edited by Socastee; Jun 24, 2019 at 1:09 pm Reason: additional information for data points
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Socastee
I posted awhile back. Applied for global entry on 2/18/19. Child received conditional approval on 5/1/09. I, however, have yet to receive anything. After visiting this thread a few times, I finally called and requested an "escalated" inquiry on 6/18/19. I received an email while on the phone with a CBP agent that gave me an "case/incident" number and detailed the reason for escalating. The email also stated "Current wait times for resolution is 3-4 weeks. We will contact you via this incident number once the request has been processed."

Granted, not getting global entry done as quickly as I had hoped is a "first world" problem, but it is irritating none the less. Today marks 126 days waiting....

I will update when and if I ever hear anything.
We are in the same boat - STILL … today marks 134 days - boyfriend tried called 2x this morning to get a 'status update' and after waiting 15 minutes each time, his call was automatically disconnected - will keep y'all updated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.